Shil's Eberron Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shil's Eberron Game

Private board for a 3.5e D&D Eberron game

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Morning After

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2006-09-11

The Morning After - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 10:54 pm

Gareth wrote:
OOC: Last statement was towards Shil for those who didn't guess Very Happy

I would never have known. Really.

Since John hasn't posted a response, I'll just assume that Nameless also took his leave from Adal and left. And so...

Evidently somewhat dissatisfied, Adal dryly thanks the Angels for all their help and departs with the guards. The adventurers wait in the room outside the meeting chamber for the next two hours, until the negotiations are concluded. Haydith and the others emerge and her group heads back to their quarters to make the final preparations for lunch and their departure.

The meal, which takes place just over an hour and a half later, is a much smaller affair than the banquet of the previous night, with the visitors being joined by mainly the Aundiran royalty and those closest to the throne, as well as a couple of favored members of the nobility. It is also significntly more peaceful for the Angels than the banquet was, with absolutely nothing untoward happening. The same is true for the leave-taking ceremony that follows, which occurs in the throne room but also involves a much smaller number of people than during the original visit there. Queen Aurala says her official goodybe to Haydith and asks her to return at any time, while re-pledging Aundair's friendship with Karrnath. Haydith responds in kind.

Afterwards, Haydith and her entourage prepare to board the waiting carriages and proceed back to the Serenity.

OOC: Anyone doing anything particular during this period or just waiting till you're back on board and can leave?
Back to top Go down
https://eberrongame.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 10:55 pm

Continuing on...

The return to the airship and the departure occur without a hitch and Fairhaven soon fades behind the Serenity as it heads into northern Aundair.

As promised by the unknown person possessing the guard back at the royal palace in Fairhaven, the Angels receive a message midway through the evening. More precisely, Luna does. It comes as a voice in her head, which says, "Greetings. You wished more speech with me. What do you wish to know? Speak quickly, since our contact will last slightly more than a minute." Having received them before, Luna gets the impression that this is similar to a sending spell, where each message can only be of 25 words, though evidently this one lasts much longer.

As Luna receives the message, Nameless' sight lets him see a new enchantment aura of moderate strength spring up around her.

OOC: What is the response? I'll assume Luna is telling the others what she hears.
Back to top Go down
Luna

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2006-09-21

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 10:19 am

I'll let em know.
Back to top Go down
Luna

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 10:30 am

OOC: Can I talk to "it"?

I'm thinking we should ask:
Who are you and what is your interest in our group?
What is the ACTUAL danger/concern that you possessed someone to caution us of?
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 12:32 pm

Retro idea.

Six wants to get a message to Adal. Tell him he needs a psonic detective. Someone with an inviolate mind the savvy to ask the right questions and the knowledge to comprehend the answers. You (Adal) have a major securty breach by psionist. The hows are something our group can't discover cleanly. Whoever does your espionage should be given this problem.

To the messager in Luna. What were your specific concerns about the Lady and the Lord?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 12:46 pm

Luna wrote:
OOC: Can I talk to "it"?

Yes. Just like a sending spell, a message comes to you telepathically and you can then respond the same way, but apparently this one lasts longer, since a normal sending ends after one message each way.

Quote :
I'm thinking we should ask:
Who are you and what is your interest in our group?
What is the ACTUAL danger/concern that you possessed someone to caution us of?

Did you count it out or does that just coincidentally count as exactly 25 words? Either way...

There is a pause of a few seconds after Luna transmits her questions to the person who has contacted them, and then she receives the reply. "You are heroes of Eberron. We approve. We warned you of those who might have learned Nameless' condition. Would be ... unfortunate. So we prevented it."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 12:49 pm

Dave W wrote:
Retro idea.

Six wants to get a message to Adal. Tell him he needs a psonic detective. Someone with an inviolate mind the savvy to ask the right questions and the knowledge to comprehend the answers. You (Adal) have a major securty breach by psionist. The hows are something our group can't discover cleanly. Whoever does your espionage should be given this problem.

I presume Six does this before he leaves Fairhaven. No problem about the retroactive angle, but I'll let the others weigh in before I tell you what happens if you do it.

Quote :
To the messager in Luna. What were your specific concerns about the Lady and the Lord?

Luna's touched on the subject to some degree with the previous question(s). Do you want to go ahead and ask this, in case you get additional details? BTW, you have 25 words, so you can add more if you want.
Back to top Go down
Luna

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 7:46 pm

My 25 was just luck... it 'felt' like the question to ask.
I'll go ahead an put the question about the Lady...
and also add...

How did YOU learn Nameless' condition? What was the specific concern with the lady. Didn't "we" prevent it's discovery by refusing her audience?

And if I can get another one in-
That you Flesh-Weaver? :-) Or one of the Silver Flame Posse?
WHO are you and what faction(s) do you work for/represent?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 10:49 am

Luna wrote:
My 25 was just luck... it 'felt' like the question to ask.
I'll go ahead an put the question about the Lady...
and also add...

How did YOU learn Nameless' condition? What was the specific concern with the lady. Didn't "we" prevent it's discovery by refusing her audience?

And if I can get another one in-
That you Flesh-Weaver? :-) Or one of the Silver Flame Posse?
WHO are you and what faction(s) do you work for/represent?

There is a momentary pause, and then Luna receives three replies, one after the other.

1 - "Your companions have spoken to many about Nameless' condition. We hear much, so we learned. Others may too, who are less friendly. Be more careful."

2 - "The Lady does not know of Nameless. She wished other work, which could reveal his state. You have prevented it by refusing her. Well done."

3 - "Fleshweaver? Silver Flame? No. We secretly study and protect Eberron. Some like us wrongly possessed you to attack Havakhad. We apologize for the inconvenience."
Back to top Go down
Leonis

Number of posts : 746

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 1:53 pm

Admin wrote:

There is a momentary pause, and then Luna receives three replies, one after the other.

After hearing the responses, "If we can respond, tell them we wish to meet face to face - be it in our home or a neutral place"
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 3:34 pm

Gareth wrote:
Admin wrote:

After hearing the responses, "If we can respond, tell them we wish to meet face to face - be it in our home or a neutral place"

That's easy, just fall asleep. I am surprised the first extra-dimesional power to come-a-knockin' is the psionic dream people.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 4:16 pm

Dave W wrote:
That's easy, just fall asleep. I am surprised the first extra-dimesional power to come-a-knockin' is the psionic dream people.

If you think Gareth is going to release his mental defenses (i.e. fail saves on purpose) then you don't know me very well. If these are such good guys they will meet.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 9:01 pm

Dave W wrote:

But they like you. They really do Smile

Gareth wrote:
If you think Gareth is going to release his mental defenses (i.e. fail saves on purpose) then you don't know me very well.

Remember, just as the unconscious are always willing (orc dating proverb), the sleeping are only slightly less so.

Quote :
If these are such good guys they will meet.

No, no - in this campaign, only the evil guys meet you face to face. With tea and crumpets.

Now to IC stuff...

Quote :

The response is swift. "Certainly. In Sharn. But we must speak through someone. We do not ... travel well. But should not matter. The vessel is unimportant. The consciousness is."

OOC: You still have time for a few more exchanges, so keep going.
Back to top Go down
Luna

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 8:40 am

Wow! Protectors of Ebberon.... that's cool!
We are finally meeting "people" of some account!
Not those stupid goverment officialls or royals!!

Okay.... here's what I want to know...

Have you any interesting special powers? Can you help us rid Nameless of his burden? If not how he can use it to best advantage?

Do you have any abberation fighting tips? Why Sharn? Why your interest in Ebberon if you don't even live here? Are you druid like?
Back to top Go down
Luna

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 9:19 am

Also... how did a little mix up like the mistaken possesion and murder come to pass? Question
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 9:39 am

Luna wrote:

Have you any interesting special powers? Can you help us rid Nameless of his burden? If not how he can use it to best advantage?

Do you have any abberation fighting tips? Why Sharn? Why your interest in Ebberon if you don't even live here? Are you druid like?

So not surprised, though I am wondering what happend to the "Any cool magical items you can give us?" or was that rolled into the "have you any interesting special powers?" - As if psionics aren't interesting and special in our campaign lol!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 9:48 am

Luna wrote:

Well, technically you guys are functioning as protectors of Eberron too. Even when you're running around with nukes and blowing shit up.

Quote :

Response: "We are studying possibilities for curing Nameless' condition. If there is one, we will find it and inform you. We think there is no advantage."

Quote :

Response: "Not only Sharn. We have thousand eyes everywhere. We dwell in Eberron too, but not like you. Not druids, but we abhor extraplanar dangers too."

Quote :
Also... how did a little mix up like the mistaken possesion and murder come to pass?

Response: "Some among us have poor judgement. Attempted to slay Havakhad through you. Long history of Kalashtar opposition to some of us. Unfortunate. Was an error."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 10:01 pm

Dealing with this too:

Dave W wrote:
Retro idea.

Six gets an opportunity to mention this to Adal during the final meal. The Royal Minister of Magic doesn't seem too pleased at the news, giving the impression (without voicing it) that he'd have liked to have this information earlier, but he thanks Six for the suggestion and says that he'll let the Angels know what he finds out.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 10:45 am

As Luna relays the last communication to the others, she is interrupted by a closing message. “Must end here. Fear not. Shall be watching and aiding you. Shall also minimize others’ existing knowledge of Nameless’ situation. Tell nobody of our contact. ” She feels a soft prickling inside her head and the contact is gone. As it ends, Nameless detects the momentary flare of a moderately powerful divination aura around Luna, which instantly begins to fade away.
Back to top Go down
Luna

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 3:43 pm

Man Alive. I wonder what these "people" are?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 7:46 pm

Luna wrote:
Man Alive. I wonder what these "people" are?

I'm sure you'll get a chance to find out Twisted Evil On the positive side, they seem to be on your side.
Back to top Go down
Luna

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 9:27 pm

Well... actually everyone had better be on "our side"... cause if Nameless goes... the world goes with him!! Which is a real pain if this is where you are keeping all your stuff!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 9:53 pm

Luna wrote:
Well... actually everyone had better be on "our side"... cause if Nameless goes... the world goes with him!! Which is a real pain if this is where you are keeping all your stuff!!

Precisely. Have you guys ever considered letting everyone know about Nameless' condition, so that people know not to risk hurting him? Maybe put out an article in the Korranberg Chronicle with a big picture of Nameless and a sign above him saying, "Do NOT blow this shit up!"
Back to top Go down
Luna

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 10:56 pm

PRESISELY!! The more people who know... the safer we actually are! Where is my gnome???!!!
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 11:16 pm

Luna wrote:
PRESISELY!! The more people who know... the safer we actually are! Where is my gnome???!!!

WTB (wanting to buy) Permenant Silence Spell for Luna.

I think, Shil, the next time you plan on having mental communications you avoid sending it to Luna - cause thats you planting a bomb Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Morning After
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next