Shil's Eberron Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shil's Eberron Game

Private board for a 3.5e D&D Eberron game

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Morning After

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Nameless

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2006-09-11

The Morning After - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 11:14 pm

Admin wrote:
Adal leads the trio into the next room and shuts the door after the four guards have entered. One of the guards stays at the door, while the other two stand close behind the one who seemingly sent the message the previous day, who is looking more and more nervous.

Adal turns to look at the Angels and then points at the fourth guard. "Is he the one whom you think you get the message from? I presume so, from your description, Nameless. I have spoken to him and he says he has no memory of having delivered such a message. And, to the best of my ability, I cannot see any sign that he is lying. If you have any explanation or suggestions, or a way for ascertaining the truth, I'd be glad to hear it." He gestures at the guard. "He's all yours."

The guard turns a little paler than he already was.

"We have done some magical investigations already and the results indicate that it is unlikely that he would know anything. We have been able to determine that some sort of psionic power was used on him and thus that the message was likely sent to us using psionics rather than magic."

Nameless will then drop the illusion over his eyes and give him a good going over with the arcane sight to determine what if any auras are on him.

"I do have two questions, though. Have you recently made any new friends or acquired any new magical items?"
Back to top Go down
Luna

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2006-09-21

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 3:39 am

Man Alive... did Nameless not get enough beauty sleep last night?
Or is it just PMS making him so bitchy? 'Cause maybe I can recommend something to help with that! Luna at least is always kind to others... even if she doesnt memorize your every tedious interaction (AKA arguement) with Gareth.

And... at least I didn't go on and on and ask 18 questions about a spell that wasn't even a spell and who or who could not cast the non-spell and waste all the those answers!

MUs (or whatever the heck wacko disipline you are) in glass houses should refrain from stone throwing. Just a thought....
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 9:49 am

Nameless wrote:
"We have done some magical investigations already and the results indicate that it is unlikely that he would know anything. We have been able to determine that some sort of psionic power was used on him and thus that the message was likely sent to us using psionics rather than magic."

Nameless will then drop the illusion over his eyes and give him a good going over with the arcane sight to determine what if any auras are on him.

Adal listens silently, with a slight frown on his face, and his expression doesn't change as the illusion drops and Nameless' gleaming blue eyes are revealed. The guards all look a little surprised, especially the one being interrogated, who looks even more uncomfortable than he already did. He clearly has to make an effort not to shrink back as Nameless looks him over.

Nameless finds no magical auras on the guard - or any of the guards - though Adal has the expected plethora of minor magics and a couple of powerful items on him.

Quote :
"I do have two questions, though. Have you recently made any new friends or acquired any new magical items?"

The guard licks dry lips and then says, in a slightly reedy voice, "Um ... no, sir. I ... er, have nothing like that ... and no ... um, new ... friends." Adal speaks up at this point, saying, "I've had his quarters searched. The only magic items he had were the standard potions we issue guards."

As Adal is speaking, Nameless sees an enchantment aura flash into existence around the guard. Equally unnoticed by the others, since none of them is standing as close to the man as Nameless is, is the change in the man's eyes. Though his facial expression doesn't change, his eyes suddenly turn significantly calmer and somehow seem older, differing drastically from the highly concerned look they wore moments earlier.

What the others, or at least Luna and Six, do notice is the telepathic message that they, and Nameless, receive. The voice is recognizably the same as the one which sent them the message the previous day. "Yes, I am within him, without his knowledge. Do not reveal this. It is for you, not Adal. You should not have told him." While the message is being sent, the guard begins to speak and rambles on, explaining that he was questioned by Adal and that he knows nothing about what he asked.

There is a moment's pause, and the guard frowns slightly, as a mage might when casting a spell. Then the voice continues to speak telepathically, "I can only speak, not hear you, like this. I wish to aid you and keep you safe. Trust and seek no more for now." There is another pause and a third message. "If you wish more speech, nevertheless, use the word 'consideration' and I shall contact you this evening so we can communicate more freely and in detail."

The voice ends, and the guard falls silent too, though the changed expression in his eyes has not. Adal is still looking at him quizzically, seeming slightly surprised at the random information that he provided to Nameless and evidently unaware of the telepathic communication that just occurred. He asks Nameless, glancing at Six and Luna as well, "Any ideas?"
Back to top Go down
https://eberrongame.forumotion.com
Luna

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 11:41 am

OOC: Hmmm.... Curiousier and Curiouser.... speaking of Lewis Carrol....
Well - this guard clearly doesn't know anything.
Though it's disturbing that he is essentially being possessed.
That doesn't bode well.
You'd think there would be other less invassive ways of passing along a message. I suggest we simply say:

Thank you for your time and consideration.
I guess that's all for now.
We are very sorry for any inconvenience to which you may have been put in regards to this matter.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 12:29 pm

Luna wrote:
Well - this guard clearly doesn't know anything.
Though it's disturbing that he is essentially being possessed.
That doesn't bode well.
You'd think there would be other less invassive ways of passing along a message.

Yup. But some people just don't give a damn.

Quote :
I suggest we simply say:

We are very sorry for any inconvenience to which you may have been put in regards to this matter.

Who are you saying this to? Adal? The guard? Everyone in the room (besides Luna there's Nameless, Six, Adal, the guard being interrogated, and three other guards)?
Back to top Go down
Luna

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 4:38 pm

I guess I'll just say it generally to everyone.
Back to top Go down
Luna

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 4:48 pm

Yup. But some people just don't give a damn.

My point exactly... which usually means they are evil!
Shades of the Flesh Weaver approach to negotiation.
Back to top Go down
Nameless

Number of posts : 307

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 4:59 pm

Luna wrote:
I guess I'll just say it generally to everyone.

Please, don't say anything yet. I want to see Gareth's reaction first.
Back to top Go down
Luna

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 5:50 pm

Sure - why not?
Lets just find out what Gareth thinks we should do.
By all means!
Gods Forbid Luna ever get to make a decision!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 7:10 pm

Luna wrote:
My point exactly... which usually means they are evil!

Which, following the basic rule for all your interactions with evil people, probably means they're trustworthy, honorable, loyal, and really neat Smile

Quote :
Shades of the Flesh Weaver approach to negotiation.

Ah, the Flesh Weaver! Now that was fun doing negotiation and generally roleplaying him. Hopefully you guys will give me an opportunity to do more of that sometime.

Nameless wrote:
Please, don't say anything yet. I want to see Gareth's reaction first.

You mean Avi's reaction, since it would have to be an OOC one. Gareth and Korm didn't receive the message. Only the three of you within the room did.

Luna wrote:
Sure - why not?
Lets just find out what Gareth thinks we should do.
By all means!
Gods Forbid Luna ever get to make a decision!

I know - it's absolutely deplorable! I heartily endorse your right to make any and all decisions you want, and to act upon them forthwith! A Luna must be free!

Anyway, since Luna would know the others didn't get the message (even though Luna, Six and Nameless can't communicate telepathically, they would be aware that each of them is receiving the message), does she say what you wanted to?
Back to top Go down
Luna

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 11:20 pm

As Avi isn't around to actively object, and he could always call upon any of them and ask them more or disclose more as he sees fit... and I'm sure we are going to want more info... and as I'm not disclosing any pertenant info to any of the NPCs... I fail to see where the issue is... and so... with that conclusion.... I says what I says and lets just see where it all leads.

I hate all this behind the back skeeming and kniving... or however those elves spell those words of intrigue they all loves so much... (probably conspiring with the monks!!! ) Remember when people just gave you a damn message or said what they had to say??? What was so wrong with that? What do we look like? A bunch of code breakers? No... we are simple straight forward adventurers... what about that don't these people get?

At least, until the last round of improvements were made on our stats, Luna had a 12 INT. I'm a Shifter Battle Druid, running around with a Orc Druid and Zealot Religious Nut/Fighter (AKA Palidin) and a Warforged. And what ever it is that Nameless is. Probably mostly Dalkyr by now... for all the grief I get about my lil babies!! And despite his planet sized brain - the most we ever get out of him is these lame cryptic associations about the purpleness of it all, that no one can make heads or tails of.

What makes all these forces think we have any idea what they want from us or what the heck they are trying to convey? Unless these people just start coming out with some plain simple common... and stating it in a direct and comprehensibly way -- I say we put a moritorium on following this stuff up! And if what ever entity keeps possesing the guard exposes itself and does not clear all this up - I say we just kill him. He is certainly annoying us and distracting us to more than enough to warrent it!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 11:46 pm

Luna wrote:
As Avi isn't around to actively object, and he could always call upon any of them and ask them more or disclose more as he sees fit... and I'm sure we are going to want more info... and as I'm not disclosing any pertenant info to any of the NPCs... I fail to see where the issue is... and so... with that conclusion.... I says what I says and lets just see where it all leads.

All right. IC post coming up soon.

Quote :
I hate all this behind the back skeeming and kniving... or however those elves spell those words of intrigue they all loves so much... (probably conspiring with the monks!!! ) Remember when people just gave you a damn message or said what they had to say??? What was so wrong with that? What do we look like? A bunch of code breakers? No... we are simple straight forward adventurers... what about that don't these people get?

Evidently they have a lot of faith in you guys. Maybe Luna should get a t-shirt which says, "I'm with stupid!" to get the message across.

Incidentally, considering all the things you guys have been involved with, you're well beyond "simple straight forward" adventurers. The simple straightforward adventurers are the ones hanging out in taverns in Sharn, that is until Luna comes in and flame strikes someone.

Quote :
At least, until the last round of improvements were made on our stats, Luna had a 12 INT.

Remember, 12 Int is above human (or shifter) average. Luna now has a 16 Int, so she's a genius!

Quote :
What makes all these forces think we have any idea what they want from us or what the heck they are trying to convey? Unless these people just start coming out with some plain simple common... and stating it in a direct and comprehensibly way -- I say we put a moritorium on following this stuff up!

Well, you guys aren't following the invite from Lady Belissa up, so it's a start. All she got out of you guys was Luna messing up her bed.

Quote :
And if what ever entity keeps possesing the guard exposes itself and does not clear all this up - I say we just kill him. He is certainly annoying us and distracting us to more than enough to warrent it!

Aha! I was wondering when you'd get pissed off and flame strike him. Now that would seriously confuse Adal!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 12:00 am

Luna wrote:

Adal's expression doesn't change much, but there is a slightly surprised light in his eyes. "Is that it?" he asks, his eyes focused more on Nameless though he is evidently responding to Luna's comments. "There is no inconvenience," he adds. "If people are ... doing what you said he did, it needs to be investigated." It seems from his words and manner that Adal has not told the guard what he is supposed to have done.

The guard looks at Adal and then back to Nameless, with a hopeful expression on his face, but the faint light of shrewd calculation doesn't leave his eyes. He frowns slightly again, and all three Angels receive the message, "Good move. Tell Adal that you are done, Nameless. And do not be alarmed at what happens next. It is for secrecy and your benefit."

Nameless notices another flare of enchantment with this message, which quickly fades away, as the previous ones have. It seems that each message is a separate use of a psionic power, similar to sending but with multiple recipients and only one-way.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

Number of posts : 746

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 8:12 am

Luna wrote:

At least, until the last round of improvements were made on our stats, Luna had a 12 INT. I'm a Shifter Battle Druid, running around with a Orc Druid and Zealot Religious Nut/Fighter (AKA Palidin) and a Warforged. And what ever it is that Nameless is. Probably mostly Dalkyr by now... for all the grief I get about my lil babies!! And despite his planet sized brain - the most we ever get out of him is these lame cryptic associations about the purpleness of it all, that no one can make heads or tails of.

What makes all these forces think we have any idea what they want from us or what the heck they are trying to convey? Unless these people just start coming out with some plain simple common... and stating it in a direct and comprehensibly way -- I say we put a moritorium on following this stuff up! And if what ever entity keeps possesing the guard exposes itself and does not clear all this up - I say we just kill him. He is certainly annoying us and distracting us to more than enough to warrent it!

I want this to be what Luna says....ALL of it, and don't substitute Avi for Gareth, leave it as is - it will add to the insanity of Luna.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 8:37 pm

Gareth wrote:
I want this to be what Luna says....ALL of it, and don't substitute Avi for Gareth, leave it as is - it will add to the insanity of Luna.

Luna's not insane. She's quirky. Like hurricanes and earthquakes are quirky.

Anyway, what's the response from Luna, Six or Nameless?
Back to top Go down
Luna

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 10:44 pm

At least my DM understands me! :-)

Well, that was a bit freaky, but, I've said my peace.
I'm waiting on nameless to respond or not.... since it was he who was addressed.
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 4:54 pm

Well, goodbye.

Six bows and leaves.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 9:41 pm

Dave W wrote:
Well, goodbye.

Six bows and leaves.

Adal's expression flickers very quickly to deep irritation and then back to a relatively placid mask, as Six exits. He glances at Luna and then focuses on Nameless. "Is there anything you would like to know, or is that all?"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 2:23 am

For Avi:

I'm assuming that Six (or Luna, if she heads out too) will tell Gareth what happened in there, so feel free to post a response.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 9:09 am

Listening to the news from Six, Gareth will sigh, "I do not like all this subterfuge, and controlling of other people. It is deceitful and vile - this person seems powerful enough that he could have gotten us a message another way - other then controlling someone". Pausing to ponder "Given this news we will need to meet with this person eventually - at least to hear out what he has to say. It would have to be after we are finished with our current task - we cannot afford to get swept into somethign else - and I am not willing to have this telepath within proximity of the princess."
Back to top Go down
Luna

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 11:02 am

There is a moment's pause, and the guard frowns slightly, as a mage might when casting a spell. Then the voice continues to speak telepathically, "I can only speak, not hear you, like this. I wish to aid you and keep you safe. Trust and seek no more for now." There is another pause and a third message. "If you wish more speech, nevertheless, use the word 'consideration' and I shall contact you this evening so we can communicate more freely and in detail."

===================

Hmmm.... in as much as I agree w/ Gareth about not taking anything else right now... I do think that we should have "more speech"!

I think we want to know what is going on and if someone is "possessing" people to get to us... that needs to be addressed. And we wants some names!
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 11:08 am

Gareth wrote:
Listening to the news from Six, Gareth will sigh, "I do not like all this subterfuge, and controlling of other people. It is deceitful and vile - this person seems powerful enough that he could have gotten us a message another way - other then controlling someone". Pausing to ponder "Given this news we will need to meet with this person eventually - at least to hear out what he has to say. It would have to be after we are finished with our current task - we cannot afford to get swept into somethign else - and I am not willing to have this telepath within proximity of the princess."

Given this is a psionist that can piggy back on the unwilling without thier awareness, how would you know. We would need someone with great psionic knowledge to decipher what might have happen.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 11:27 am

Dave W wrote:
Gareth wrote:

Given this is a psionist that can piggy back on the unwilling without thier awareness, how would you know. We would need someone with great psionic knowledge to decipher what might have happen.

Gareth looks at Six "Would you please rephrase that since I have no idea what you just said?".
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 12:48 pm

Gareth wrote:
Dave W wrote:
Gareth wrote:

Gareth looks at Six "Would you please rephrase that since I have no idea what you just said?".

In response to your assertion that you don't want this telepath within proximity of the princess, How would you know. The psionist can piggy back on unwilling subjects without thier knowledge. We don't know the powers availible to psionists. The voice told us it couldn't hear our conversations, but he could be lying. Any guard, ladies in waiting, or the princess herself could be already affected by our mental friend. We don't know and we don't have anyone to ask. We would have to speak to a psionic expert in a way that avoids a psionist that can be anywhere. I would say anyone but we don't know if his powers are limited to people.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 1:20 pm

Dave W wrote:

In response to your assertion that you don't want this telepath within proximity of the princess, How would you know. The psionist can piggy back on unwilling subjects without thier knowledge. We don't know the powers availible to psionists. The voice told us it couldn't hear our conversations, but he could be lying. Any guard, ladies in waiting, or the princess herself could be already affected by our mental friend. We don't know and we don't have anyone to ask. We would have to speak to a psionic expert in a way that avoids a psionist that can be anywhere. I would say anyone but we don't know if his powers are limited to people.

"You are correct. For all we know he could be in one of us, though I think my training provides me some more resistances, or even in the princess. I would, however, still prefer to keep the princess' contact with this person down to a minimum. We still have a job to do here, and maybe it is the will of all that is evil, but it always seems like something is trying to distract us from our quest at hand".

OOC: Last statement was towards Shil for those who didn't guess Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Morning After   The Morning After - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Morning After
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next