Shil's Eberron Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shil's Eberron Game

Private board for a 3.5e D&D Eberron game

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum)

Go down 
+2
Nameless
Admin
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Kelis

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2011-09-06

The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum)   The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 6:11 pm

Leonis wrote:
Casting a spell in a dungeon owned by a high level player? If that was even a remote possibility you would need to cast something better.
OOC: I'm not sure she'll get away with casting it, but it just seems appropriate, from a fictional standpoint, for her to try.

Quote :
Like a "get the F outta here" spell Smile
OOC: I'm kicking myself for not taking "Word of Recall" for her 6th level spell!
Back to top Go down
Leonis

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum)   The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 6:11 pm

Got any astral teleport spells?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299

PostSubject: Re: The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum)   The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 9:10 pm

Kelis wrote:
"He also has horrible wife, a horrible dog, and bad taste in wine" blurts out Kelis.

Irovetti puts on a faux-puzzled look. "Really? I thought the dog wasn't that bad."

Quote :
Kelis looks briefly perplexed. "I cannot find flaw in your reasoning". Kelis looks at her wine. "Are you perhaps drugging me?" She says this with a smile, however.

Her host grins back, eyes twinkling. "I'll flatter myself that it's my charm."

Quote :
"Yes, yes, I'm aware of my people's history." A familiar annoyance creeps back into Kelis's voice. "We're like everyone else; sometimes we aren't who we avow to be. But I was making a specific criticism. Your ruse involved games and my clan holds games as sacred. I'm a Pan-Valenar Games Champion, you know. Archery".

"I've heard a fair bit about your skills with a bow," Irovetti says, "as has everyone Pitax and Khatovar, I believe. A pity that you weren't around for my tournament. Perhaps if things go ... well, you'll be able to participate in the next one."

Quote :
She smiles for perhaps the 3rd time in her adult life.

OOC: And two of them were in this conversation! Irovetti is a charmer, clearly.

Quote :
"Well I much prefer this to a dungeon or a chain gang." Kelis means it a compliment. Mostly. "I swore an oath to the rulers of Khatovar. I cannot betray that. However, I'm not a partisan. Should you defeat them honorably --well, for your kind-- in war, ask me again. If you'll win, you'll probably need help with the Green King. He wants to rip the Stolen Lands from the face of the world. I'll gladly help you stop him."

Irovetti looks curiously at Kelis for a moment and then nods. "Done. Now," he grins, "I have even more of an incentive. By the way, in case it matters, the same offer extends to your companions. I respect them and would be perfectly happy to have them as allies. I'd certainly prefer that to having them as enemies, even if that is a ... necessity right now."

Quote :
"Oh, one request, Duke Ivoretti. May I have my cloak back? You see, I'm under something of a curse. The cloak... helps with it. Without it, I'm afraid, I might do something rash. Or destructive. Or incredibly embarrassing on a personal level. Frankly, it's a dung-shoot, and I don't want to hurt anyone. Accidentally."

Irovetti considers the request for a moment and then says, "Certainly." He turns and clicks his fingers, causing an attendant to push aside the curtain covering the doorway at one end of the chamber. In the moment that she enters, Kelis can see two guards standing outside. Irovetti tells her to fetch Kelis' cloak and the attendant leaves.

While she is gone, Irovetti says, politely but firmly, "In return, I shall require two favors of you. One is simply to call me Castruccio. Irovetti--and certainly, Duke Irovetti--is too formal. The second is that you make no attempts to escape this place. Naturally, I have some things in place to prevent that and it would simply lead to ... inconveniences for both of us, and certainly for your friends if they came here to fetch you. So I'd rather just avoid that sort of unpleasantness."

"If you are worried about how your absence might affect this war, let me reassure you that I will be contacting your companions in this regard to see if we cannot negotiate for your return. Until that is arranged, you are my guest. Let the attendants and guards know if you have any requests. Food and refreshments will be provided as you desire. You might be bored here, so I can offer books, music, and, when I am available, my company. In fact, I would be very pleased if you'd join me for a meal tomorrow and perhaps see something of my city. We're in Pitax City right now and I believe you haven't had the opportunity to see the place. I think you would enjoy it and, if nothing else, it would give you a chance to stretch your legs. How does that sound?"

The attendant returns soon enough with Kelis' cloak, which Irovetti hands over to her. He spends some more time chatting with Kelis, mostly about her adventures with the other rulers of Khatovar. He does ask some leading questions about the war and the group's preparations as well, but doesn't push for information if Kelis declines to provide it.

Then, a little less than an hour after Kelis awoke, he takes his leave. Before doing so, he shows Kelis the contents of the chamber. It is quite large and part of it is a occupied by a comfortable bed, which is behind a curtain separating it from the rest of the chamber, which is a sitting room. There is also a small privy behind another curtain and a cupboard holding varied clothing, most of it in Kelis' size. The only real downside to the room is the lack of any windows, which makes it slightly claustrophobic. There is also some lack of privacy in the complete absence of doors, though the various curtains make up for it somewhat. There are, Irovetti explains, guards and an attendant constantly within earshot, who will be happy to help Kelis as she needs.

Quote :
OOC: in the evening, when she thinks she's unobserved, Kelis will cast Cleanse on herself. She'll try to do that nightly. She'll also send a dream to Leonis explaining her situation and describing her location as best she can. Other than that, she'll be as a gracious as "guest" as she can (with the help of booze and magic).

Kelis can cast Cleanse without anyone noticing, as far as she can make out, since it has no verbal component. Any spell with a verbal component will likely be heard by the people at the door, however. So does she try a Dream or anything else?

Also, Cleanse can work like Break Enchantment on one spell of your choice, but you do have to choose, so Kelis would have to use a Detect Magic on herself to work out what's on her. Does she do that?
Back to top Go down
https://eberrongame.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum)   The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 9:19 pm

For the other PCs:

The day of the attack on the bridge, though Leonis' sending to Kelis has no effect, in the evening Kara receives a sending from Irovetti which says, "Kelis alive and well. Should not have attacked my people. Do you wish to negotiate her return? If so, what is she worth? If not…"

How do you respond? 25 words, as usual.

Also, as I had mentioned earlier, after the PCs' warnings, Quintessa teleports herself to Lakeshore and Terrion manages to get to a spot from which he can be picked up. Amina does not respond to the sending and Terrion says that from what he saw of Amina, she had some of the other leaders around her constantly, so presumably that’s why she wasn’t able to leave (or reply to the sending, since you have to speak your response aloud).
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum)   The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 10:58 pm

Admin wrote:
For the other PCs:

The day of the attack on the bridge, though Leonis' sending to Kelis has no effect, in the evening Kara receives a sending from Irovetti which says, "Kelis alive and well. Should not have attacked my people. Do you wish to negotiate her return? If so, what is she worth? If not…"

How do you respond? 25 words, as usual.

Also, as I had mentioned earlier, after the PCs' warnings, Quintessa teleports herself to Lakeshore and Terrion manages to get to a spot from which he can be picked up. Amina does not respond to the sending and Terrion says that from what he saw of Amina, she had some of the other leaders around her constantly, so presumably that’s why she wasn’t able to leave (or reply to the sending, since you have to speak your response aloud).

I vote for the following response "What do you want from her? We can spare some yarn. You crossed the bridge we defended"

When Quintessa and Terrion return we great them and provide them with accommodations. We ask they keep themselves secret for now due to Kelis being kidnapped. It's theoretically possible that Irroveti may not know of their betrayal. Speaking in our private area, with the usual anti-scrying spells, we ask them about Irroveti's prison situation. Where might he keep Kelis, what kind of defenses, ways to get in/out.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum)   The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 5:00 pm

Leonis wrote:
I vote for the following response "What do you want from her? We can spare some yarn. You crossed the bridge we defended"

Okay. There's no response that day and I'll let you know what happens the next day once Scott posts for Kelis, so I'm not necessarily holding you to the above message until I do.

Quote :
When Quintessa and Terrion return we great them and provide them with accommodations. We ask they keep themselves secret for now due to Kelis being kidnapped. It's theoretically possible that Irroveti may not know of their betrayal.

Okay. Since this matters to the issue of privacy and might for Kelis, I'm going to say that the following applies to teleporting to/from the castles:

Quote :
A defensive procedure utilized in some Khorvairan buildings is materials which prevent use of teleportation magic into and out of the building. These are expensive and only really matter to people powerful enough to have enemies who might use such abilities, so they tend to be used only by rich spellcasters, rulers and the powerful elite in the various nations, and the highest-ranking members of the dragnomarked families. Since such individuals often do need to benefit from teleportation magic too, it is standard for these buildings to contain one or more areas which are not thus warded, so that they can be used for teleporting in and out. Naturally, these areas tend to be carefully watched and heavily guarded as well, in case of intruders.

I'm presuming this sort of protection applies to your castle at Lakeshore. There would be one or two areas which you can use for teleportation, one of which Quintessa would have used (since she's teleported to Lakeshore earlier), so you can arrange that nobody besides you meets her and knows of her arrival. Same goes for Terrion, whom Rowan would have teleported to and teleported back. Naturally, some people in the castle would know of their arrival since you're putting them up, but you can keep it to a minimum and use things like Disguise Self and similar abilities/items to make sure that people aren't sure who the arrivals are.

Quote :
Speaking in our private area, with the usual anti-scrying spells, we ask them about Irroveti's prison situation. Where might he keep Kelis, what kind of defenses, ways to get in/out.

Both Quintessa and Terrion can give you a fairly detailed description of the prisons in Hannis' castle at Fort Drelev and you've actually seen the hidden cells beneath the castle (where you found the maid while going to loot Hannis' treasure cache). Unfortunately, neither of them knows about the prison situation in Irovetti's castle at Pitax City (both of them have only been there once), so if Kelis is there, they really can't help.

Quintessa, a little reluctantly, says that if it turns out Kelis is imprisoned at Fort Drelev, she'd be happy to teleport there with you and help you get to the prison. After all, you can only teleport into a couple of specific areas of the castle there and would have to find your way to the cells. While you know something of the place from having stayed there for a couple of days during your visit, you don't know it as well as Quintessa (and Terrion) does.

On the positive side, if Kelis is at Fort Drelev, rescuing her might not be too difficult, since the castle (and city) is low on defenses right now, with so many of the troops and leaders away with the invading army. Quintessa mentions that Fort Drelev is currently being ruled by Pavetta (Hannis' wife) and Imeckus, the latter teleporting daily from the castle to the invading army and back again.
Back to top Go down
Kelis

PostSubject: Re: The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum)   The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 10:49 am

Admin wrote:
A pity that you weren't around for my tournament.
"Yes. Had I attended with my kin as I initially planned, I might be General Grabthar's prisoner right now". Kelis snorts out another laugh. Apparently being an ensorcelled prisoner of war does wonders for her sense of humor.

Quote :
Perhaps if things go ... well, you'll be able to participate in the next one."
"I think I'd enjoy that. If we don't die."

Quote :
I respect them and would be perfectly happy to have them as allies.
"Is it too late for that? We have a common enemy: the Green King. And perhaps the Queen, too, if her reasonableness is just a ruse. Fighting outsiders is always preferable to civil war."

Quote :
I'd certainly prefer that to having them as enemies, even if that is a ... necessity right now."
"I wouldn't want them as enemies. Grapthar's mountain-sized bulk hides a equally large amount of sense, Kara is just deadly, Rowan is very capable despite her drinking problem, and if Leonis would stop spending half of each day thinking with his penis he could rule Khorvaire by year's end."

Quote :
Irovetti tells her to fetch Kelis' cloak and the attendant leaves.
"Thank you."

Quote :
"One is simply to call me Castruccio. Irovetti--and certainly, Duke Irovetti--is too formal."
"Done."

Quote :
The second is that you make no attempts to escape this place.
Kelis smiles sadly. "I'm a lame middle-aged elf who can't fly nearly as fast as she thinks she can, and had I the magic to blink myself away, Avina and the Gim... Typhon never would never have captured me the first place."

Quote :
We're in Pitax City right now and I believe you haven't had the opportunity to see the place. I think you would enjoy it and, if nothing else, it would give you a chance to stretch your legs. How does that sound?"
"Good. I'd like to be out in the open air."

Quote :
He does ask some leading questions about the war and the group's preparations as well, but doesn't push for information if Kelis declines to provide it.
"I'm a terrible leader," blurts out Kelis "So my mind tends to wander during the planning sessions."

Quote :
OOC:
Kelis can cast Cleanse without anyone noticing, as far as she can make out, since it has no verbal component. Any spell with a verbal component will likely be heard by the people at the door, however. So does she try a Dream or anything else?
OOC: first, Kelis will use Cleanse silently. Then she'll try softly singing some prayers/hymns to her ancestors. In the language she casts spells in. To see if it draws attention.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum)   The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 9:50 pm

Quote :
I respect them and would be perfectly happy to have them as allies.
"Is it too late for that? We have a common enemy: the Green King. And perhaps the Queen, too, if her reasonableness is just a ruse. Fighting outsiders is always preferable to civil war."

I wonder if Irroveti knew that we were "reasonable" with the queen.

Quote :
I'd certainly prefer that to having them as enemies, even if that is a ... necessity right now."
"I wouldn't want them as enemies. Grapthar's mountain-sized bulk hides a equally large amount of sense, Kara is just deadly, Rowan is very capable despite her drinking problem, and if Leonis would stop spending half of each day thinking with his penis he could rule Khorvaire by year's end."
[/quote]

Leonis prefers not to take all the attention to himself and would let others rule. He just has to keep his brain occupied Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum)   The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 10:11 pm

Kelis wrote:

Irovetti says nothing for a few moments, looking thoughtful. Then he says, in a tone of cheerful confidence, "At this point, unfortunately, I doubt that the rulers of Khatovar would be willing to consider me an ally. Once I have beaten them, I shall give them the option of working for me. Perhaps, at that point, you can persuade them to accept. And then we can deal with the King or Queen as we have to."

Quote :
"I'm a terrible leader," blurts out Kelis "So my mind tends to wander during the planning sessions."

"That's all right," says Irovetti, with a pleased smile, "You've been very helpful already."

Quote :
OOC: first, Kelis will use Cleanse silently.

She notices no particular effect, though she knows that she has managed to use the spell.

Quote :
Then she'll try softly singing some prayers/hymns to her ancestors. In the language she casts spells in. To see if it draws attention.

After a few seconds, the curtain at the doorway parts and a guard pokes her head in. She stares at Kelis for a moment and then says, her tone carefully neutral, "Ma'am--please don't cast any spells." Behind her, another guard is visible, watching Kelis with a silently quizzical expression.
Back to top Go down
Kelis

PostSubject: Re: The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum)   The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 11:34 am

Admin wrote:
"At this point, unfortunately, I doubt that the rulers of Khatovar would be willing to consider me an ally."
"Can I be blunt? I don't understand the reason behind this conflict. Taking Hannis Drelev's little kingdom away makes sense. Like taking a knife from the palsied child. But the rest of you are good and reasonable people. Can't this be resolved with negotiation. Or sport?"

Quote :
Perhaps, at that point, you can persuade them to accept.
"You're a funny man, Castruccio."

Quote :
"You've been very helpful already."
"Damn. I was trying to be cagey. This is why I became a scout and not a spy. Spies need to be good judges of people." By this point, Kelis is beginning to sound tipsy. "I'm an awful judge of people. But don't worry. I rather like you. Or does that mean you should worry?" Kelis takes a long drink from her goblet to stop herself from speaking more.

Quote :
After a few seconds, the curtain at the doorway parts and a guard pokes her head in. She stares at Kelis for a moment and then says, her tone carefully neutral, "Ma'am--please don't cast any spells." Behind her, another guard is visible, watching Kelis with a silently quizzical expression.
"Oh, this isn't a spell. It's a song in praise of my honored ancestor, Kelisendaris Indra. I must do this each night, for it is proper. You can watch, if you promise to be quiet. Or wake one of your magicians from their very important sleep so they can confirm I'm only singing."

OOC: Kelis is trying to sound as convincing as possible, plus, she's telling the truth.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum)   The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 8:55 pm

Kelis wrote:
"Can I be blunt? I don't understand the reason behind this conflict. Taking Hannis Drelev's little kingdom away makes sense. Like taking a knife from the palsied child. But the rest of you are good and reasonable people. Can't this be resolved with negotiation. Or sport?"

Irovetti snorts with amusement at the crack about Hannis and then says, "It's a combination of reasons. Strengthening my nation, protecting my borders, dealing with the fact that the rulers of Khatovar would always suspect my ambition after the attack on Hannis, and," he chuckles with a little self-deprecation, "the fact that I am ambitious. Right now I think we're past relying on sport, but I will see what I can do with negotiation."

Quote :
"You're a funny man, Castruccio."

Irovetti grins broadly. "I try."

Quote :
"Damn. I was trying to be cagey. This is why I became a scout and not a spy. Spies need to be good judges of people." By this point, Kelis is beginning to sound tipsy. "I'm an awful judge of people. But don't worry. I rather like you. Or does that mean you should worry?" Kelis takes a long drink from her goblet to stop herself from speaking more.

Her host chuckles and says, "Who knows? Either way, I do consider it a compliment. I get the feeling, though I'm not worried about it, that your presence here will make things much more interesting for me than even the war would."

Quote :
"Oh, this isn't a spell. It's a song in praise of my honored ancestor, Kelisendaris Indra. I must do this each night, for it is proper. You can watch, if you promise to be quiet. Or wake one of your magicians from their very important sleep so they can confirm I'm only singing."

OOC: Kelis is trying to sound as convincing as possible, plus, she's telling the truth.

The first guard turns to look at the other one, who nods, before looking back at Kelis. "All right. Thank you, ma'am," she says quietly, before stepping inside and taking up a position next to the door. Her compatriot does so as well. They wait silently while Kelis finishes her chanting, but display no signs of leaving afterward.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum)   The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 8:30 am

For everyone besides Kelis:

The next morning after the attack on the bridge, Irovetti once more contacts the rulers of Khatovar with a sending. This one says, "I presume Terrion and Quintessa with you? I have Amina. You had a good plan. Kelis very cooperative. Suggest you move troops from Hunter's Horn."

How do you respond?

OOC: Hunter's Horn is where the Khatovar armies are now located, so they can quickly move to either Olegton or Tatzlford as needed.

Also, everyone please roll me an insanity check.
Back to top Go down
Kelis

PostSubject: Re: The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum)   The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 3:31 pm

Admin wrote:
"Right now I think we're past relying on sport, but I will see what I can do with negotiation."
"I did mean bloodsport, if that helps. A personal contest between our champions. In the interest of saving the lives of our soldiers. That's sort of what I was going for at the bridge. We're like giants brawling in the field full of children. No... wait, we're worse."

Kelis pauses, as if in thought.

"We should reserve such warring for monsters from beyond. We're not monsters yet, are we?"

Quote :
"I get the feeling, though I'm not worried about it, that your presence here will make things much more interesting for me than even the war would."
"I'll try to make things interesting" says Kelis inappropriately as she thinks about a certain Valenari proverb and tries not to stare at Ivoretti's ridiculous shirt. "Don't tell anyone, but I like your flattery. I like you. You're all... surface. I mean, you wear what you are like a shirt, a shirt unbuttoned to the navel, and I... ahhh."

Kelis now inserts her empty goblet in her mouth to impede speech.

Quote :
"All right. Thank you, ma'am," she says quietly, before stepping inside and taking up a position next to the door. Her compatriot does so as well. They wait silently while Kelis finishes her chanting, but display no signs of leaving afterward.
"I'm done. If you're going to spend the rest of the night in here, would you at least sit down? There's room on the bed, too. I don't bite. Thought I've been known to blast on occasion".

OOC: WILL save - 6+13 = 19

Last edited by Kelis on Wed May 23, 2012 3:56 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum)   The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 3:31 pm

The member 'Kelis' has done the following action : Dice roller

'd20' : 6
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum)   The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 6:38 pm

Admin wrote:
For everyone besides Kelis:

The next morning after the attack on the bridge, Irovetti once more contacts the rulers of Khatovar with a sending. This one says, "I presume Terrion and Quintessa with you? I have Amina. You had a good plan. Kelis very cooperative. Suggest you move troops from Hunter's Horn."

How do you respond?

OOC: Hunter's Horn is where the Khatovar armies are now located, so they can quickly move to either Olegton or Tatzlford as needed.

Also, everyone please roll me an insanity check.

OOC: Did Kelis tell them we have troops at hunters horn?

Leonis speaks with the group, "Well first things first, let's go hang out with our troops. I recommend being disguised. Maybe teleporting into one of our generals tents and staying in there - quietly", Leonis makes a look at Kara. "As for the response, what do you think a good one should?" Waiting for the g roup, "What are you talking about Terrion and Quintessa?" I think we should ignore the hunters horn troop comments.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum)   The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 6:38 pm

The member 'Leonis' has done the following action : Dice roller

'd20' : 14
Back to top Go down
Nameless

Number of posts : 307

PostSubject: Re: The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum)   The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 8:55 pm

Quote :

What kind of forces does he have in the area or moving towards it that we're aware of?

Reply at least in part

"Kells's attack was against my will and the plan. But she keeps her own council as you've no doubt found. Do you think you could torture her a bit? I think I will make her feel better about being captured.

Enough with the games, what is it you really want out of all this and what was it you promised The Green King and/or the Red Queen."

Last edited by Nameless on Wed May 23, 2012 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum)   The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 8:55 pm

The member 'Nameless' has done the following action : Dice roller

'd20' : 19
Back to top Go down
Luna

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2006-09-21

PostSubject: Okay --- i"m giving the dice roller a try AGAIN! Argh! LO   The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 9:57 pm

and see if my post comes up as well!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Okay --- i"m giving the dice roller a try AGAIN! Argh! LO   The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 9:57 pm

The member 'Luna' has done the following action : Dice roller

'd20' : 6
Back to top Go down
Luna

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2006-09-21

PostSubject: I DID IT!!    The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 9:58 pm

or not... not such a great rol!!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum)   The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 10:27 pm

Kelis wrote:
"I did mean bloodsport, if that helps. A personal contest between our champions. In the interest of saving the lives of our soldiers. That's sort of what I was going for at the bridge. We're like giants brawling in the field full of children. No... wait, we're worse."

Kelis pauses, as if in thought.

"We should reserve such warring for monsters from beyond. We're not monsters yet, are we?"

Irovetti ignores the last question, saying instead, "I'll admit that I hadn't seriously considered the idea of a personal contest settling things. I'm also a little skeptical about how willing the rulers of Khatovar would be to risk everything on such an affair, but I'll give it some consideration."

Quote :
"I'll try to make things interesting" says Kelis inappropriately as she thinks about a certain Valenari proverb and tries not to stare at Ivoretti's ridiculous shirt. "Don't tell anyone, but I like your flattery. I like you. You're all... surface. I mean, you wear what you are like a shirt, a shirt unbuttoned to the navel, and I... ahhh."

Kelis now inserts her empty goblet in her mouth to impede speech.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Irovetti lets this one pass without any comment and with only a broad smile.

Quote :
"I'm done. If you're going to spend the rest of the night in here, would you at least sit down? There's room on the bed, too. I don't bite. Thought I've been known to blast on occasion".

The guard who had spoken smiles slightly at the comment and says, "Thank you, ma'm. Since you don't mind ...." She fetches a chair and seats herself next to the doorway, as does the other guard. "We'll try not to disturb you," the first guard says, before lapsing into silence.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum)   The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 10:43 pm

Leonis wrote:
OOC: Did Kelis tell them we have troops at hunters horn?

OOC: Nope. Of course, your PCs don't know that. You do know, however, that just as you have people bringing you information about Irovetti's major troop movements, he almost certainly does so about yours too.

Nameless wrote:
What kind of forces does he have in the area or moving towards it that we're aware of?

At this point, since it's only the day after your attack on the bridge, his army hasn't even entered your territory, so there are no troops moving specifically towards Hunter's Horn. As far as you know. Irovetti's army is in the process of making the crossing at the ford where the (now almost useless) bridge is and creating a camp on the southern side.

Leonis wrote:
Leonis speaks with the group, "Well first things first, let's go hang out with our troops. I recommend being disguised. Maybe teleporting into one of our generals tents and staying in there - quietly", Leonis makes a look at Kara. "As for the response, what do you think a good one should?" Waiting for the g roup, "What are you talking about Terrion and Quintessa?" I think we should ignore the hunters horn troop comments.

Nameless wrote:
Reply at least in part

"Kells's attack was against my will and the plan. But she keeps her own council as you've no doubt found. Do you think you could torture her a bit? I think I will make her feel better about being captured.

Enough with the games, what is it you really want out of all this and what was it you promised The Green King and/or the Red Queen."

OOC: I'm presuming the above, since it's too long for a response to Irovetti's sending, is being delivered via multiple sendings from your side.

IC: Irovetti's response to the messages is another sending, which says simply, "I'm pleased to discuss what I really want and the other things and to hear your position. Expect an envoy from me at Lakeshore tomorrow."

Late in the same day, news comes in of an announcement which has been made at Fort Drelev, Pitax City and some other settlements in Pitax and Drelev. The announcement mentions that the rulers of Khatovar attacked Pitax troops at Snake Bridge, badly damaging the bridge, but the attack was repelled and one of the attackers, Kelisandaris Shantih par-Valen, has been captured and is currently in Pitax City. It also says that Amina Trask, Quintessa Murray and Terrion Numesti have been discovered to be traitors. Amina has been captured and imprisoned in Fort Drelev, awaiting punishment. Quintessa and Terrion have fled to join the forces of Khatovar. Any aid offered to them will be considered treasonous. Anyone with information about their plots will be rewarded for it. There is a 24 hour amnesty, during which anyone involved in their plots can reveal it and will suffer no future punishment.

Besides news of the announcement, the PCs also learn that Irovetti has been much more publically visible this day than he had been in a while, present for the first reading of the announcement in Pitax City, inspecting troops, etc. Accompanying him has been Kelis.

OOC: Let me know if you do anything in particular or if you just wait for Irovetti's promised envoy to arrive the next day.
Back to top Go down
Rowan

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2006-09-16

PostSubject: Re: The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum)   The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 10:17 am

Here goes nothing!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum)   The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 10:34 am

Rolling for Rowan...

EDIT: Hey, I really was rolling for Rowan! It's a 3!

Last edited by Admin on Thu May 24, 2012 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum)   The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Khatovar-Pitax War (the Kelis conundrum)
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next