Shil's Eberron Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shil's Eberron Game

Private board for a 3.5e D&D Eberron game

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Back from Lamannia and the Green King

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Nameless

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2006-09-11

Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 9:01 pm

Leonis wrote:
The lean on me was him being nice (not sexual), the rest was him being him. The fact that he can't do anything without having people second guess his intentions was my goal.So even when he tries to be genuine he has this negative stereotype.

Well congratulations, you've succeeded in Spades.

Look, Avi. Clearly in your own mind it's all perfectly reasonable and in fun.

THAT IS NOT HOW IT IS COMING ACROSS.

Obviously, there are subtleties that you may be intending, that get LOST when you post them on a message board with

1) No voice tone cues
2) No Body Language

Leonis wrote:
"Here, here, let me comfort you" Leonis puts his arm around Rowan and starts stroking her hair, "Why don't you come to my room and we can talk about it in private.Let me be your shoulder to cry on. You can lean on me."

Read that again in the context of someone who keeps hitting on someone who's made it VERY clear that not only is this behavior not welcome, but that she's traumatized and extremely upset.

How would you react if you saw this sort of thing going down in a bar where you were working as a bouncer?

Leonis wrote:
I am also OK with Shil saying Leonis is coming off creepy. I am not OK with John saying *I* am coming off as such. Considering you have all known me for a long time, and in all honesty I have never had a girl call me (or tell someone that I know) that I am creepy

I said you were making me wonder, not <something really awful>, so chill out. I thought you were crossing the line there and wanted to make it clear, I thought you were going too far with this.

You want other people to cut you some slack, but you seem unwilling to extend that to other people. Do you honestly think I am as malicious and spiteful as you seem to think I am?

Do you think I appreciated it very much when you were comparing Nameless to Osama Bin Lauden? I was REALLY biting my tongue to not reply with something really nasty and biting. Consideration of people's feeling is a two way street Avi.

Last edited by Nameless on Thu May 26, 2011 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leonis

Number of posts : 746

PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 9:32 pm

Last edited by Leonis on Thu May 26, 2011 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299

PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 10:21 pm

Leonis wrote:
...Mike would have a valid comment about how I played Leonis and for him (and him alone) I am toning it down...

Cool. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
https://eberrongame.forumotion.com
Nameless

Number of posts : 307

PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 11:05 pm

Leonis wrote:
@John - Where the fuck do you come off with your god damn <something really awful> comments? Are you a god damn moron? I mean really - if this message board were ever read by the wrong person they might start to wonder why you would say that, and it may dawn in there head there is a reason - which there is no such reason.

I've deleted the <something really awful> comment. You might wish to delete them from your posts as well if it really concerns you.

Leonis wrote:
Comparing my likening Nameless to Osama vs comparing your likening of *ME* to being creepy and/or <something really awful> is taking things out of proportion and makes you an asshole.

As for tongue biting, I've done it quite often over the years when you've made your comments, actions and attitudes towards me. Your comments about my play style, your comments about me. Mike would have a valid comment about how I played Leonis and for him (and him alone) I am toning it down, you on the other hand have no real room to make this speech of yours. You always seem to judge me, and the way I play my characters in a negative fashion. I am fine with you not agreeing with my play style, I am fine with you not liking everything that I do. But I've asked you numerous times to knock your shit off.

Look, I know I can be quite abrasive at times, Shil's certainly experienced that enough times.

I can be quite insensitive at times, but I do not act out of malice. If I really thought you were some kind of an awful person I simply wouldn't have anything to do with you.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 11:13 pm

Nameless wrote:

I can be quite insensitive at times, but I do not act out of malice. If I really thought you were some kind of an awful person I simply wouldn't have anything to do with you.

Then do me a favor, find a way to not make me feel as if you do. I certainly try to make sure I make the people I hang out with feel comfortable, even if we don't always agree.

The way I played Leonis was something that annoyed Mike, so I am gonna cool it off - but at no point was it intended to hurt Mike. I didn't realize it bothered him, yes his character but that doesn't necessarily mean him.

Ok group hug and let's move on to killing Shil's toons.
Back to top Go down
Rowan

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2006-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 12:27 am

For the sake of roleplaying, I've been assuming that Rowan and Leonis have a relatively normal productive relationship when working on things "off screen." That they're been able to have normal conversations without constant sex references intruding.

I've also been interpreting their sniping as being more of an ongoing verbal sparring match, not as Leonis constantly hitting on or harassing Rowan. And that it's not a constant feature of every or even most conversations they have.

I'm okay with it much of the time, but Leonis definitely crossed a line a few posts ago that would make it hard for Rowan to trust him or see him with respect. The whole conversation up to that point was fine, and I especially liked the "leonis is thinking things but is shutting the fuck up" line, but Leonis' "hugging" and leering in that moment was not okay. Alhough I must admit that I really enjoy RPing Rowan outraged and angry, I like RPing other things too.

It would be nice to have more variety. They can spar about other things than sex. Wink

Last edited by Rowan on Fri May 27, 2011 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 12:29 am

Or to put it more succinctly, make it more Han Solo and less Zapp Brannigan. silent

Last edited by Rowan on Fri May 27, 2011 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 12:37 am

Leonis wrote:
Ok group hug
That may have been a poor choice of words, given the circumstances. Laughing

But yes, let's move on.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 5:58 am

Nameless wrote:
Look, I know I can be quite abrasive at times, Shil's certainly experienced that enough times.

Pah! Never happened Razz

Leonis wrote:
let's move on to killing Shil's toons.

I should say not! Do you have any idea how much time it takes to tend them and grow them into the monstrosities they are?

Rowan wrote:
But yes, let's move on.

To that end, I'll start off your trip to Irovetti's festival on the forums, so we can jump into the action there when we play face-to-face next.
Back to top Go down
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 12:38 pm

Admin wrote:
To that end, I'll start off your trip to Irovetti's festival on the forums, so we can jump into the action there when we play face-to-face next.

Okay. You should probably create a new thread for it.

To end this scene, after a few seconds of standing over Leonis, Rowan will storm out of the room, dismissing her Combust as she goes. She'll go back to her rooms, drink a lot of wine, and unburden herself to a sympathetic but thoroughly bewildered Vulpingetorix.

Avi, do you think Leonis has it within himself to apologize the next day?

Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 2:57 pm

Rowan wrote:

Avi, do you think Leonis has it within himself to apologize the next day?

After seeing, and feeling what just happened, Leonis walks outside and thinks things through. He walks around the town he helped form looking at people having fun, people talking and people arguing. Leonis had a strange life compared to these folk. Where the people here have enjoyed nothing but freedom Leonis has only ever known, until recently, slavery, starvation, bribery, theft, murder and desperation. The only "friends" that Leonis has ever been able to call on, with the exception of the old librarian, were depraved. His only role models were those who would steal, punish and abuse. Leonis' life was all about one person. It was about take what you can get and not worry what others need or want. If Leonis wanted or needed something he took it, no matter how the victim felt or recovered. Leonis never had to care for others, show affection for others, and help nobody else but himself. He has not learned what a family is, because he can't ever remember having a family. In fact the only person Leonis ever cared for was himself.

Leonis approaches Rowan's door. Hearing the crying on the other side, he gently knocks, leaves a bouquet of flowers (most likely stolen from some neighbors garden, but the thought is there), with a note apologizing. His arcane mark is emblazoned on the note. He vanishes and sneaks off before the door can be answered.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 7:43 pm

Rowan wrote:
Okay. You should probably create a new thread for it.

I'm planning to.

Here's a quick question (for you and everyone else) - on what date are you planning to arrive in Pitax? The festival begins on the 10th, but you've been invited to arrive a day or two earlier, if you wish. The festival begins on the 10th and the ends on the 15th.

Note that it'll take 6 days to travel east from Lakeshore, cross the border into Aundair and then ride north till you reach the Pitax border. And then another 2 days to reach the area where the festival/tournament is to occur, which is supposedly a large town a dozen miles from Irovetti's capital.

So the earlier you leave, the more time Khatovar has to spend without the four of you (though you could probably teleport back for a couple of hours daily when needed).

Quote :
To end this scene, after a few seconds of standing over Leonis, Rowan will storm out of the room, dismissing her Combust as she goes. She'll go back to her rooms, drink a lot of wine, and unburden herself to a sympathetic but thoroughly bewildered Vulpingetorix.

Though he's not subtle enough to fool her, the fox does try to hide his lack of understanding of precisely what the problem is (especially since his time with Rowan and increased intelligence makes him a lot better at understanding humanoid behavior than he used to be). "Stupid Leonis!" he says vehemently, accompanying it with a snarl which would do a wolf proud. "Give me the word and I'll hamstring him! Or," he adds hastily, just in case that approach isn't appreciated, "I could piss in his shoes. Make him stinky!"

Leonis wrote:
After seeing, and feeling what just happened, Leonis walks outside and thinks things through. He walks around the town he helped form looking at people having fun, people talking and people arguing. Leonis had a strange life compared to these folk. Where the people here have enjoyed nothing but freedom Leonis has only ever known, until recently, slavery, starvation, bribery, theft, murder and desperation. The only "friends" that Leonis has ever been able to call on, with the exception of the old librarian, were depraved. His only role models were those who would steal, punish and abuse. Leonis' life was all about one person. It was about take what you can get and not worry what others need or want. If Leonis wanted or needed something he took it, no matter how the victim felt or recovered. Leonis never had to care for others, show affection for others, and help nobody else but himself. He has not learned what a family is, because he can't ever remember having a family. In fact the only person Leonis ever cared for was himself.

Leonis approaches Rowan's door. Hearing the crying on the other side, he gently knocks, leaves a bouquet of flowers (most likely stolen from some neighbors garden, but the thought is there), with a note apologizing. His arcane mark is emblazoned on the note. He vanishes and sneaks off before the door can be answered.

Nice. I like when the connection between current behavior and background is made explicit like this, as has been happening with Rowan.
Back to top Go down
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 7:48 am

Admin wrote:
Note that it'll take 6 days to travel east from Lakeshore, cross the border into Aundair and then ride north till you reach the Pitax border. And then another 2 days to reach the area where the festival/tournament is to occur, which is supposedly a large town a dozen miles from Irovetti's capital.

So the earlier you leave, the more time Khatovar has to spend without the four of you (though you could probably teleport back for a couple of hours daily when needed).
We could save some time by teleporting to a familiar location that's closer to the Pitax border and/or using Ethereal Mounts to ride. Would that be seen as an imitation of the Knights Phantom? That's an association Rowan does not want to make.

Quote :
Though he's not subtle enough to fool her, the fox does try to hide his lack of understanding of precisely what the problem is (especially since his time with Rowan and increased intelligence makes him a lot better at understanding humanoid behavior than he used to be). "Stupid Leonis!" he says vehemently, accompanying it with a snarl which would do a wolf proud. "Give me the word and I'll hamstring him! Or," he adds hastily, just in case that approach isn't appreciated, "I could piss in his shoes. Make him stinky!"
OOC: The Fox has a whopping -1 Bluff skill total. Subtlety is not his strongest point. But with a +7 Diplomacy, he has better social graces than most of the rest of the PCs combined. Very Happy

Rowan snort-laughs with tearstained eyes at Vulpingetorix's offer. Then she hugs him. "Thank you 'Rix. You're a good friend. I know you find these humanoid social idiosyncrasies a bit baffling, but I appreciate you listening to me rant, and being concerned for me. I find it really hard to open up and trust others, but I trust you with my life and my soul, and I feel like I can tell you anything." She kisses him on the forehead. Then she smiles. "And I would love it if you would pee in Leonis' shoes, if you really want to."

A little while later, while talking about missing her brother Aidan, and breaking down a little bit, there's a soft knock on her door. With a glance between them, Vulpingetorix jumps off Rowan's lap onto the floor and pads over to the door. He sniffs it, and says, in Fox, "It's Leonis." <sniff> "And he's feeling bad." <sniff> "Wait, he just left." <sniff> "But he left flowers."

After about a minute, Rowan walks over to the door, unlocks it, speaks the password for the Arcane Lock, and opens the heavy castle door. She picks up the bouquet of flowers with an ambiguous expression on her face, smells them, and smiles with a sad sigh. "That kid has the potential to be great, but he seriously needs to grow up."

"What a strange race Elves are, who spend decades in puberty and adolescence. A few years of that was more than enough for me! If I had to spend decades with gawky limbs, and weird mood swings, and buck teeth, and sudden frightening blood, and confusing feelings about boys, and sometimes even more confusing feelings about girls, I would have been a total basket case!"

Looking at Vulpingetorix's faintly horrified expression with a snort, she adds, "Okay, even more of a total basket case!"

Admin wrote:
Nice. I like when the connection between current behavior and background is made explicit like this, as has been happening with Rowan.
I do too. If we can do it even more in-character that's even better.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 11:04 am

Rowan wrote:
We could save some time by teleporting to a familiar location that's closer to the Pitax border and/or using Ethereal Mounts to ride. Would that be seen as an imitation of the Knights Phantom? That's an association Rowan does not want to make.

You look different enough that nobody's going to mistake your group as Knights Phantom - or think you're trying to copy them. Since you're traveling with Xamanthe you have to be traveling at a maximum speed of 50, so you wouldn't benefit that much from the Ethereal Mounts, but it does mean you're traveling about 25% faster and could just teleport back from Pitax after the festival without having to worry about leaving your physical horses there. Whether that's feasible or not depends on whether you take other people with you or not, as you mooted in the Festival thread.

Quote :
OOC: The Fox has a whopping -1 Bluff skill total. Subtlety is not his strongest point. But with a +7 Diplomacy, he has better social graces than most of the rest of the PCs combined. Very Happy

Very Happy

Kara does have a +12, but the fox has the other two beat.

Quote :
Rowan snort-laughs with tearstained eyes at Vulpingetorix's offer. Then she hugs him. "Thank you 'Rix. You're a good friend. I know you find these humanoid social idiosyncrasies a bit baffling, but I appreciate you listening to me rant, and being concerned for me. I find it really hard to open up and trust others, but I trust you with my life and my soul, and I feel like I can tell you anything." She kisses him on the forehead. Then she smiles. "And I would love it if you would pee in Leonis' shoes, if you really want to."

"Done!" Vulpingetorix says enthusiastically. Then, after Rowan kisses him, he snuggles up comfortably next to her and places his head on her knee. "I'm happy to listen to you. After all, you're my best friend."

Quote :
A little while later, while talking about missing her brother Aidan, and breaking down a little bit, there's a soft knock on her door. With a glance between them, Vulpingetorix jumps off Rowan's lap onto the floor and pads over to the door. He sniffs it, and says, in Fox, "It's Leonis." <sniff> "And he's feeling bad." <sniff> "Wait, he just left." <sniff> "But he left flowers."

After about a minute, Rowan walks over to the door, unlocks it, speaks the password for the Arcane Lock, and opens the heavy castle door. She picks up the bouquet of flowers with an ambiguous expression on her face, smells them, and smiles with a sad sigh. "That kid has the potential to be great, but he seriously needs to grow up."

"What a strange race Elves are, who spend decades in puberty and adolescence. A few years of that was more than enough for me! If I had to spend decades with gawky limbs, and weird mood swings, and buck teeth, and sudden frightening blood, and confusing feelings about boys, and sometimes even more confusing feelings about girls, I would have been a total basket case!"

Looking at Vulpingetorix's faintly horrified expression with a snort, she adds, "Okay, even more of a total basket case!"

Vulpingetorix's expression shifts and he emits a vulpine chuckle. "You're right. Some of this humanoid stuff is really confusing!" He walks over and rubs himself against her calf almost like a cat, continuing to speak as he does so. "But even though I don't always get the 'social' stuff, I think I'm understanding more of it. And there may be some advantages to being human. Thumbs, for example. And maybe even arms. When you rub my head or scratch behind my ears, I wish that I could ..."

The fox's voice stops abruptly and Rowan feels a very odd sensation against her leg as his body shifts. It takes only a couple of seconds and then, instead of a little fox, there is a muscular, middle-aged and completely naked halfling leaning against her leg. The figure looks up with a confused expression, revealing a lined and weatherbeaten face topped with tousled hair around a bald patch. The 'halfling' stares at Rowan for a moment and then looks down. It emits a strangled sound, before grabbing at its face - and then backflips away from her and hurls itself at the bed, burrowing desperately under the bedclothes.

"AAAAAHHHHH!" Vulpingetorix shrieks in horror. "Don't look at me! I'm a monster!"

Quote :
I do too. If we can do it even more in-character that's even better.

Agreed. I'll have to see if I can facilitate that a little more during the game.
Back to top Go down
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 12:02 pm

Admin wrote:
"Done!" Vulpingetorix says enthusiastically. Then, after Rowan kisses him, he snuggles up comfortably next to her and places his head on her knee. "I'm happy to listen to you. After all, you're my best friend."
Rowan will smile widely and get a little teary eyed. "You're my best friend too."

Quote :
Vulpingetorix's expression shifts and he emits a vulpine chuckle. "You're right. Some of this humanoid stuff is really confusing!" He walks over and rubs himself against her calf almost like a cat, continuing to speak as he does so. "But even though I don't always get the 'social' stuff, I think I'm understanding more of it. And there may be some advantages to being human. Thumbs, for example. And maybe even arms. When you rub my head or scratch behind my ears, I wish that I could ..."

The fox's voice stops abruptly and Rowan feels a very odd sensation against her leg as his body shifts. It takes only a couple of seconds and then, instead of a little fox, there is a muscular, middle-aged and completely naked halfling leaning against her leg. The figure looks up with a confused expression, revealing a lined and weatherbeaten face topped with tousled hair around a bald patch. The 'halfling' stares at Rowan for a moment and then looks down. It emits a strangled sound, before grabbing at its face - and then backflips away from her and hurls itself at the bed, burrowing desperately under the bedclothes.

"AAAAAHHHHH!" Vulpingetorix shrieks in horror. "Don't look at me! I'm a monster!"

Rowan will shout "'the Hell?!" and spring up to Vulpingetorix to make sure he's okay, casting detect magic. Then, her immediate reaction will be to snarl and look around to see where Leonis is hiding. Very Happy Rowan doesn't know of any spells that could do this at range, but she's well aware that her knowledge of magical theory is limited.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 1:52 pm

Rowan wrote:
and spring up to Vulpingetorix to make sure he's okay, casting detect magic. Then, her immediate reaction will be to snarl and look around to see where Leonis is hiding. Very Happy Rowan doesn't know of any spells that could do this at range, but she's well aware that her knowledge of magical theory is limited.

OOC: Figures. This is just the mans way of keeping a brother down. Racial profiling!

IC: Leonis, while scampering away gets a nervous feeling, his sixth sense, warning him of impending danger. He quickly whispers an incantation of invisibility and scampers off.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 8:42 pm

Rowan wrote:
Rowan will shout "'the Hell?!" and spring up to Vulpingetorix to make sure he's okay, casting detect magic. Then, her immediate reaction will be to snarl and look around to see where Leonis is hiding. Very Happy

Leonis wrote:
OOC: Figures. This is just the mans way of keeping a brother down. Racial profiling!

Very Happy

You know, in Rowan's place I would probably have the same response. And start checking the flowers and note for some weird magical symbol immediately.

Quote :
IC: Leonis, while scampering away gets a nervous feeling, his sixth sense, warning him of impending danger. He quickly whispers an incantation of invisibility and scampers off.

I realize in hindsight that the Green King should have given Leonis a special power that gave him spidey-sense and warned him whenever anyone is thinking of harming him in any way. Then again, he technically has that already. It just goes off all the time.

Quote :
Rowan doesn't know of any spells that could do this at range, but she's well aware that her knowledge of magical theory is limited.

Casting a detect magic doesn't reveal any auras in the area of the huddled and whimpering lump under the bedclothes that Vulpingetorix now is, nor is there any residual magic in the area. There is no new magical aura in the room at all besides the minor one from the note, which Rowan can immediately see to be Leonis' arcane mark and nothing else.

This scanning of the area takes the better part of a minute, Vulpingetorix warily sticks out only enough of his head to be able to see the room. "What happened to me?" he asks, the voice made indistinct by the fact that it is both muffled by the bedclothes and half a wail.

Now that she can see his face, or rather that area of it above his nose (since the rest remains beneath the blankets), Rowan spots a small mark on his forehead. Its difficult to be certain without closer examination, but it looks like the stylized--and tiny--head of a stag. In which case it matches the one at Leonis' hairline and the ones which all of the other rulers of Khatovar have found since their return from Lamannia, each one at a spot that is well-concealed on their body, usually by hair. Evidently Vulpingetorix got one too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back from Lamannia and the Green King
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4