Shil's Eberron Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shil's Eberron Game

Private board for a 3.5e D&D Eberron game

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Back from Lamannia and the Green King

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Leonis

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2006-09-11

Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 10:16 pm

Admin wrote:

I presume Leonis isn't making this suggestion in front of the Phiarlan.

Nope.

What is a reacher?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299

PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 10:17 pm

Leonis wrote:
Nope.

What is a reacher?

Someone from the Eldeen Reaches.
Back to top Go down
https://eberrongame.forumotion.com
Nameless

Number of posts : 307

PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 11:28 pm

Quote :
Numesti has recently been out of favor with Hannis (as indicated by his demotion), which is rumored to be because he rejected Hannis' sexual advances in the past.

So Drelev bats for both teams? Perhaps we should have Leonis work him or is that another typo?

Does Linora have any information on the kind of person that Drelev and his wife go for?

You know getting Drelev to hit on Rowan and then revealing that she's his half sister, might be a good method of embarrassing him. It would lend some more credence to the incestuous relationship rumor. Though it would probably work best if we pointed out their relationship in private with some inuendo "Actually, he's my half-brother. But, that's never stopped him in the past" or something along those lines.

Quote :
I would be surprised if he has not contacted them at the same time too, to provide information on Hannis Drelev. And/or you."

Shrug. "We have few secrets to keep. A few drinks at the bar will get you just about anything you'd want to know about us. Hopefully he'll pay you lots of money for information that 3 beers would have gotten him."

Shil. Have we destroyed the Eye yet? I want to do that before we go off on this trip.

Quote :
Now, on to preparations for (perhaps) more serious matters - What are the plans for the trip to Pitax? Who are the PCs taking with them? Are they going to travel through Drelev or Aundair (or through the deeper Reaches, which would be significantly slower and more dangerous)?

What exactly was it that the Green King wanted us to get for him again? Is that anything we might come across going through the deep reaches? If not Aundair,s quicker and less of a hassle. I had only planned to take the Centaur ambassador,
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 6:30 am

Nameless wrote:
So Drelev bats for both teams? Perhaps we should have Leonis work him or is that another typo?

Correct. No typo this time.

Quote :
Does Linora have any information on the kind of person that Drelev and his wife go for?

In Drelev's case, having some degree of attractiveness and status/power seems to be enough. While he doesn't seem to have much in the way of discernment, he apparently isn't interested in those he views as substantially beneath him. Pavetta, who's also known to have had both female and male partners, is even more discerning on the status/power front, generally only going for people who have a lot of one (and preferably both). She's also much more discreet than Drelev and unlikely to risk anything with a person where there's any chance of embarrassment, though there's a possibility that she might do something for revenge on Hannis in view of his recent flaunting of his relationship with Quintessa Murray.

Quote :
You know getting Drelev to hit on Rowan and then revealing that she's his half sister, might be a good method of embarrassing him. It would lend some more credence to the incestuous relationship rumor. Though it would probably work best if we pointed out their relationship in private with some inuendo "Actually, he's my half-brother. But, that's never stopped him in the past" or something along those lines.

And now we have two! I am really looking forward to Rowan's IC response to this one.

Quote :
Shrug. "We have few secrets to keep. A few drinks at the bar will get you just about anything you'd want to know about us. Hopefully he'll pay you lots of money for information that 3 beers would have gotten him."

Linora chuckles at that and says, "I'm not going to get paid in this regard. As I'd mentioned, I will tell you if my enclave happens to be one contacted by Irovetti--or the Serpentine Table--in this area and will not be spying on you. And though you might have few secrets, which is always good, the Serpentine Table does provide other benefits than simply personal information. Detailed knowledge of your defenses and resources would be valuable to some, I'm sure. And there are other things too. A small personal possession from one of you, for example, would be useful for a spellcaster attempting to scry you, and something like a few strands of hair would be even more so." She smiles, this time a little thinly, and says, "Though, for what it's worth, I can tell you that the Serpentine Table is more likely to hold onto something like that than be selling it."

Quote :
Shil. Have we destroyed the Eye yet? I want to do that before we go off on this trip.

Oh, yes. That was done months ago.

Quote :
What exactly was it that the Green King wanted us to get for him again?

He was fairly vague, saying only that he wanted a particular object of power which is concealed in the Reaches. He couldn't provide a description, because it could be made to look like anything, though he said it would almost certainly appear as a powerful magical item of some sort or another. He said it would be concealed and if you found it, he would know and recognize it, at which point he would claim it from you.

Quote :
Is that anything we might come across going through the deep reaches?

Not if he's accurate. The Green King was quite certain that it's concealed in the Stolen Lands.

Quote :
If not Aundair,s quicker and less of a hassle. I had only planned to take the Centaur ambassador

Okay. We'll go with that, unless someone else has any other suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Rowan

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2006-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 12:19 pm

Admin wrote:
Your call, but if you do decide to go through Drelev, you'd presumably have to write and ask for permission. Unless you just want to try to ride through and see what happens. For the record, going through Drelev would actually take you more time since you wouldn't have roadways all the way, whereas you can cross the Aundairan border and follow Orien roads all the way to Pitax.
Okay, lets go through Aundair then. Maybe we can get "invited" to go through on our way back. Or maybe Rowan will do it incognito.

Quote :
Imeckus is known to be fairly mercurial in personality, being soft-spoken, well-organized and methodical most of the time, but known to also sometimes erupt in violent rage. He's known to be very ambitious, which is the primary reason that he left the Towers of Arcanix (where he was recognized as among the most powerful arcanists, with potential for being head of the school - if only he had more consistent self-control) to come to Drelev.

Pavetta is a person devoted to excess and comfort, and has a very expensive lifestyle, as befits the elder daughter of a middling noble. Like many of her background, she was considered a fairly shrewd political animal when in Aundair. While being on the frontier doesn't provide many of the benefits of life in Aundair, she evidently takes great pleasure in having the highest social rank of anyone within a couple hundred miles in any direction and lording it over her servitors.
"Wonderful. Drelev and Pavetta are made for each other" Rowan says, trying to keep the sneer off her face. (Edit: And apparently not doing a very good job of it. Bluff 16. Pavetta and Drelev are exactly the sort of nobles that Rowan despises.)

"Imeckus sounds... unpredictable."

Once the PCs are back in private, she'll add "Imeckus could be an ally if he thinks we're getting the upper hand. But he's not the sort of person I'd want to be among our rulers, and I definitely don't want his sister to come along with him.

Quote :
Whoops! That was a typo on my part. It's Quintessa that the Phiarlans suspect of having planted the rumor.
I wondered if that was the case.

Quote :
When asked about Irovetti, Linora d'Phiarlan smiles gently and says, "If you want detailed information about Pitax the way you do about Drelev, I'll have to contract other members of the Serpentine Eye to watch Irovetti and his kingdom as we are having done for you in Drelev. Let me know if you want that and I'll make the arrangements. I had thought you might want some such information, so I do have some for you. Some of Irovetti's primary followers are Athalia, his magister, Avina Jurrg, his general, Alasen, his marshal, and Villamor Koth, his warden."

"And there's something very interesting about them - not a single one of them is someone he took with him from Aundair. Athalia is actually a nymph and Villamor Koth is a member of the Tiger Lord barbarians, a small number of whom have sworn fealty to Irovetti. Avina Jurrg and Alasen are both human, but--and please note that I say this without having truly pursued the subject--while one assumes that they are Reachers, nobody is quite certain where they came from."
We'll discuss further arrangements after the contest.

Did Irovetti begin the settlement of Pitax with Aundairian allies? I wonder if he purged his inner council of people with Aundairian ties when he decided to go independent.

Quote :
Linora smiles again and says, "There's one other thing which I want to tell you, in the interests of honesty. Irovetti has contracted my House to provide some of the entertainment for his festival. While I cannot speak for what the Serpentine Table does beyond my personal contact with it, I would be surprised if he has not contacted them at the same time too, to provide information on Hannis Drelev. And/or you."
Rowan smiles. "I would expect nothing less."

Last edited by Rowan on Wed May 25, 2011 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 12:19 pm

The member 'Rowan' has done the following action : Dice roller

'd20' : 2
Back to top Go down
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 12:36 pm

Leonis wrote:
Upon learning about Pavetta' relationship to Hannis Leonis pipes up, "I'm wondering if I can use my moves on his wife to embarrass Drelev," Before Rowan can chime in, "I don't think I will have to work very hard. I am sure Pavetta would be willing to embarrass her husband a bit considering he does that to her every time he sleeps around." Looking Rowan up and down like the slab of fine meat he considers her to be, "In fact. With your 'abilities', how would you like to get Drelev drunk and make an ass out of himself during the festivities. With luck he will make a move on you, in public, embarrassing his already fuming wife. At this point I start talking to her, and attempt to convince her to spend some time with me. She will know who I am, and my relationship to Drelev - enemies - and might very well use me to get back at him." Grinning, "Yes that will work especially well since I plan on taunting Drelev all day long, making fun of him, joking about him." Stopping for Rowans response "Well, what do you think? Want to let your brother hit on you so I can embarrass him publically?"

Nameless wrote:
"NO! No no no no no! No fucking way!"

Rowan shudders in disgust.

"No fucking way. I'm not going to lead on or seduce Drelev, especially since we have the same father. No fucking way!"

"First of all, I don't want ANYONE to know about the relationship between me and Darro. I don't want to be judged because of who happened to get my mother pregnant decades ago. Especially since it'll make the politics much more complicated."

"And I DEFINITELY don't want to get involved in any fucking INCEST rumors! Ugh."

She shudders again, and downs her glass of wine in one gulp.

"Ugh! No way. Leonis can sleep with whoever he fucking wants, but don't EVER try to use my body as a fucking political tool!"

Rowan than throws her wine glass at the wall with a scream.

"I expect this sort of shit from you, Leonis. But Grabthar, I didn't expect this from you."

She looks almost hurt when she speaks to Grabthar.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 1:13 pm

Rowan wrote:
"Wonderful. Drelev and Pavetta are made for each other" Rowan says, trying to keep the sneer off her face. (Edit: And apparently not doing a very good job of it. Bluff 16. Pavetta and Drelev are exactly the sort of nobles that Rowan despises.)

I thought she would Smile

Quote :
"Imeckus sounds... unpredictable."

Once the PCs are back in private, she'll add "Imeckus could be an ally if he thinks we're getting the upper hand. But he's not the sort of person I'd want to be among our rulers, and I definitely don't want his sister to come along with him.

Interesting. I'm curious to see how/if you try the above.

Quote :
We'll discuss further arrangements after the contest.

Makes sense, esp. since you'll have had a chance to actually meet and interact with Hannis and some of his people by then.

Quote :
Did Irovetti begin the settlement of Pitax with Aundairian allies? I wonder if he purged his inner council of people with Aundairian ties when he decided to go independent.

Yes. He was part of an existing and fairly successful adventuring party that was sent into the Glenebon Uplands (the area of the Stolen Lands that Pitax is now in). Somehow, over the course of establishing his rule there, all of his former allies appear to have died or disappeared. Completely coincidentally, of course.

Quote :
"NO! No no no no no! No fucking way!"

Rowan shudders in disgust.

"No fucking way. I'm not going to lead on or seduce Drelev, especially since we have the same father. No fucking way!"

"First of all, I don't want ANYONE to know about the relationship between me and Darro. I don't want to be judged because of who happened to get my mother pregnant decades ago. Especially since it'll make the politics much more complicated."

"And I DEFINITELY don't want to get involved in any fucking INCEST rumors! Ugh."

She shudders again, and downs her glass of wine in one gulp.

"Ugh! No way. Leonis can sleep with whoever he fucking wants, but don't EVER try to use my body as a fucking political tool!"

"I expect this sort of shit from you, Leonis. But Grabthar, I didn't expect this from you."

Well played Cool
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 2:07 pm

Rowan wrote:

While readying a counter spell Leonis looks at Grabthar, "Must be that time of the month for her", Raising his hands to Rowan before she fireballs him, "We are not asking you to sleep with him, kiss him, or do anything to sully your relationship. Our pristine reputations are important to maintain, trust me. That doesn't mean you can't let him hit on you - that would be enough to anger his wife, and embarrass him when it comes out that he hit on his half-sister. All you have to do is keep turning him down and then finally, at the top of your very shrill lungs, publically state that you will not sleep with your half-brother. Trust me, that will turn heads." Pausing for a second, "As for worrying about people thinking how you got your position - the only people who matter live in our kingdom, and I doubt there is a single person here who does not respect your abilities"

Sighing, "But if you really don't want to do it I will just have to work my sweet magic on his wife without your help. It will be harder, but we know I can get anyone I want in the sack."
Back to top Go down
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 5:30 pm

Leonis wrote:
While readying a counter spell Leonis looks at Grabthar, "Must be that time of the month for her"

affraid

Rowan's jaw drop and she sputters for a few seconds before she's able to make a coherent response. Shocked (Conveniently letting him finish his argument.)

Quote :
Raising his hands to Rowan before she fireballs him, "We are not asking you to sleep with him, kiss him, or do anything to sully your relationship. Our pristine reputations are important to maintain, trust me. That doesn't mean you can't let him hit on you - that would be enough to anger his wife, and embarrass him when it comes out that he hit on his half-sister. All you have to do is keep turning him down and then finally, at the top of your very shrill lungs, publically state that you will not sleep with your half-brother. Trust me, that will turn heads." Pausing for a second, "As for worrying about people thinking how you got your position - the only people who matter live in our kingdom, and I doubt there is a single person here who does not respect your abilities"

Sighing, "But if you really don't want to do it I will just have to work my sweet magic on his wife without your help. It will be harder, but we know I can get anyone I want in the sack."
"Leonis, you ignorant child, SHUT THE FUCK UP!" Rowan shouts, forcing her fey power through her last few words to give them supernatural weight. Which is to say, she casts Persistent Suggestion: STFU. Very Happy

"First of all, I don't want ANYONE to know about that kinship. No one. Especially not to just make some minor embarrassment for Drelev. He's not my half-brother, he's just an idiot who happens to be descended from the same source of seed! And do you know what will happen if you or I say what you suggest? EVERYONE will know! Every political player in Khorvaire will think I'm only ruling here as Darro's puppet! And EVERY tavern within a thousand miles will be filled with sneering gossip about me being in an incestuous relationship with Drelev!

"I've been accused of that before, and I'd have a hard time restraining myself from killing anyone who made that suggestion. Apparently, if a woman soldier doesn't whore herself with the boys, and spends a lot of time in the company of her twin brother, that means they're fucking." She grimaces in anger and disgust at the memory. "I almost got court-marshalled for attacking the leering cock who made that suggestion, and I don't want that to happen ever again." "And it WOULD happen, no matter what, if we do what you suggest."

"I can't stop Drelev or his slut of a wife from hitting on me. From what we've heard, that's almost inevitable, even if Drelev knows. But I sure as HELL am not going to encourage it, or create cheap theatrics that would degrade me as much as he degrades himself!"
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 6:05 pm

Rowan wrote:
Leonis wrote:
While readying a counter spell Leonis looks at Grabthar, "Must be that time of the month for her"

affraid

Rowan's jaw drop and she sputters for a few seconds before she's able to make a coherent response. Shocked (Conveniently letting him finish his argument.)

Quote :
Raising his hands to Rowan before she fireballs him, "We are not asking you to sleep with him, kiss him, or do anything to sully your relationship. Our pristine reputations are important to maintain, trust me. That doesn't mean you can't let him hit on you - that would be enough to anger his wife, and embarrass him when it comes out that he hit on his half-sister. All you have to do is keep turning him down and then finally, at the top of your very shrill lungs, publically state that you will not sleep with your half-brother. Trust me, that will turn heads." Pausing for a second, "As for worrying about people thinking how you got your position - the only people who matter live in our kingdom, and I doubt there is a single person here who does not respect your abilities"

"Leonis, you ignorant child, SHUT THE FUCK UP!" Rowan shouts, forcing her fey power through her last few words to give them supernatural weight. Which is to say, she casts Persistent Suggestion: STFU. Very Happy

"First of all, I don't want ANYONE to know about that kinship. No one. Especially not to just make some minor embarrassment for Drelev. He's not my half-brother, he's just an idiot who happens to be descended from the same source of seed! And do you know what will happen if you or I say what you suggest? EVERYONE will know! Every political player in Khorvaire will think I'm only ruling here as Darro's puppet! And EVERY tavern within a thousand miles will be filled with sneering gossip about me being in an incestuous relationship with Drelev!

"I've been accused of that before, and I'd have a hard time restraining myself from killing anyone who made that suggestion. Apparently, if a woman soldier doesn't whore herself with the boys, and spends a lot of time in the company of her twin brother, that means they're fucking." She grimaces in anger and disgust at the memory. "I almost got court-marshalled for attacking the leering cock who made that suggestion, and I don't want that to happen ever again." "And it WOULD happen, no matter what, if we do what you suggest."

"I can't stop Drelev or his slut of a wife from hitting on me. From what we've heard, that's almost inevitable, even if Drelev knows. But I sure as HELL am not going to encourage it, or create cheap theatrics that would degrade me as much as he degrades himself!"

Leonis thinks things, but is shutting the fuck up Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 8:17 pm

Leonis wrote:

Leonis sounds surprisingly American sometimes - or maybe he just sounds like Avi Razz

Rowan wrote:
He's not my half-brother, he's just an idiot who happens to be descended from the same source of seed!

I applaud Rowan's precision.

And I love how her language changes the angrier she gets. Nicely done.

Quote :
"I can't stop Drelev or his slut of a wife from hitting on me. From what we've heard, that's almost inevitable, even if Drelev knows.

Leonis wrote:

I'm really curious which, if either (or both?), of these predictions are going to turn out to be true in the end.

Leonis wrote:
Leonis thinks things, but is shutting the fuck up Smile

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 9:38 pm

Admin wrote:
Leonis wrote:

Leonis sounds surprisingly American sometimes - or maybe he just sounds like Avi Razz
Sometimes I throw Israeli in there.

Back to top Go down
Nameless

PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 12:20 am

Quote :

No one in our kingdom cares in the slightest whom your father or mother is. They are not loyal to us because of your birth or the politics of it. They are loyal because you have earned that trust with your actions.

Rowan wrote:
Leonis wrote:

affraid

Quote :

"You let your past imprison you Rowan. You are a queen in a kingdom won by your own hands. What care you for the opinions of fools? They have only the power you give them over yourself. My mother taught me that the truly strong, the truly powerful, do not let others define them. You Are A Queen. Act like one.

And if an idiot disrespects you... Well I have confidence in your ability to make your scorn and contempt clear. If that fails to stop them..."

Grabthar grins

"I am ALWAYS looking for something worth avenging."

Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 7:55 am

Nameless wrote:
"

Grabthar grins

"So, I need some avenging. Someone's been spreading malicious rumors about me." Digging a list out of his pocket, "Here are the names of folks who may be the culprits. I won't ask questions"
Back to top Go down
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 11:30 am

Rowan is about to storm out of the room when Grabthar speaks. She looks at him angrily, expecting to blow up at him when he says something hurtful again.

Quote :
No one in our kingdom cares in the slightest whom your father or mother is. They are not loyal to us because of your birth or the politics of it. They are loyal because you have earned that trust with your actions.
"I care! All my life, people have judged me because of who my father was, or wasn't. For years, before they called us by name, we were 'the bastards.' The fucking twin bastards. I had to fight against their idiotic prejudices, and get them to recognize me for who I am, not for who slept with my mother once."

"I know my people will still trust me, but they'll talk nonetheless. They'll whisper behind closed doors. And other people who owe me no loyalty will falsely judge me. If all goes well with Aundair they'll say that I'm just following orders, and if we end up opposing Aundair they'll say we're just having a 'family spat.' I couldn't stand that!"

"And as for the fucking INCEST plan... Never again! No tactical advantage is worth that. I would never accuse anyone of that, let alone myself! Do you have any idea how FUCKING HARD it is to be accused of that? To want to burst into tears and run to the comforting arms of your brother, who'll stroke your hair and speak kindly to you while you sob, but to know you can't because that'll just CONFIRM THEIR FUCKING ACCUSATIONS!"

While saying this, Rowan does start to tear up, whether due to bad memories or missing her dead brother.

Quote :
"You let your past imprison you Rowan. You are a queen in a kingdom won by your own hands. What care you for the opinions of fools? They have only the power you give them over yourself. My mother taught me that the truly strong, the truly powerful, do not let others define them. You Are A Queen. Act like one.

And if an idiot disrespects you... Well I have confidence in your ability to make your scorn and contempt clear. If that fails to stop them..."

Grabthar grins

Rowan is all ready to yell a response, but is shocked into silence by Grabthar's words.

In a small voice, she says, "But I do care. You're right. Dol Arrah, you're right Grabthar. But I do care."

She looks up at Grabthar, suddenly looking very small and fragile. "How do I stop caring?"

"Does my past really imprison me?" She thinks for a moment. "I am... a Queen. It shouldn't matter to me. If I am just, a good ruler, that's all that should matter. But I want to be loved. No, I want to be respected."

Leonis wrote:
"So, I need some avenging. Someone's been spreading malicious rumors about me." Digging a list out of his pocket, "Here are the names of folks who may be the culprits. I won't ask questions"
Rowan bursts into a surprised laugh, tears still in her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 1:27 pm

Rowan wrote:
To want to burst into tears and run to the comforting arms of your brother, who'll stroke your hair and speak kindly to you while you sob, but to know you can't because that'll just CONFIRM THEIR FUCKING ACCUSATIONS!"

While saying this, Rowan does start to tear up, whether due to bad memories or missing her dead brother.

OOC: I don't think Leonis knows about the brother.

Perking up at her words, and acting with the maturity level that only a cocky, genius level, 12 year old can do "Here, here, let me comfort you" Leonis puts his arm around Rowan and starts stroking her hair, "Why don't you come to my room and we can talk about it in private. Let me be your shoulder to cry on. You can lean on me."

Rowan wrote:
She looks up at Grabthar, suddenly looking very small and fragile. "How do I stop caring?"

"If you're looking for a solid tip on how to stop caring, just do what I do....'fuck em'." Leonis smiles with pride, "And I can teach you how."
Back to top Go down
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 4:34 pm

Leonis wrote:
OOC: I don't think Leonis knows about the brother.
OOC: I've mentioned her twin brother a couple times, I think. Rowan would have mentioned him if we spoke about our families, which I'm assuming we would have. Though she wouldn't have said much, because it's still a sore spot for her. She has a twin brother, Aidan, and the two of them were inseparable growing up. Their relationship is probably why she can be a bit cold and standoffish at times: because they were so close, and had an "us against the world" feeling due to their being bastards and sorcerers, she was only ever able to open up to him. Close to the end of the Last War, Aidan was killed in action (or rather, went MIA and was presumed dead). Which was, what, about 3 or 4 years ago now?

And now, just as Grabthar's wise counsel is starting to make Rowan more calm and introspective,
Quote :
Perking up at her words, and acting with the maturity level that only a cocky, genius level, 12 year old can do "Here, here, let me comfort you" Leonis puts his arm around Rowan and starts stroking her hair, "Why don't you come to my room and we can talk about it in private. Let me be your shoulder to cry on. You can lean on me."
Rowan explodes, pushing Leonis off of her. "What the HELL, Leonis?! Do you think of nothing but sex?! Ugh." She grimaces and shudders. "Get Away From Me!" (OOC: She casts persistent Command: Fall to drop him prone. Make two DC 22 will saves. Smile)

Rowan wrote:
"If you're looking for a solid tip on how to stop caring, just do what I do....'fuck em'." Leonis smiles with pride, "And I can teach you how."
Rowan's face twists into a snarl, and her hand starts to burn with fire from the beginnings of a Combust spell. "GIVE IT A REST, you stupid fuckwit!"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 5:30 pm

Leonis wrote:
Perking up at her words, and acting with the maturity level that only a cocky, genius level, 12 year old can do ...

Damn, you've met some seriously immature 12 year olds :p

By this point Leonis is coming across as incredibly creepy, by the way. And here I thought Hannis Drelev was going to be the creepiest person at the tournament, but I think you've got him beat.

Rowan wrote:
OOC: I've mentioned her twin brother a couple times, I think. Rowan would have mentioned him if we spoke about our families, which I'm assuming we would have. Though she wouldn't have said much, because it's still a sore spot for her.

I think we can safely assume, considering that the PCs have now been together for nearly 2 years, that she's mentioned her brother (though probably not in much detail, as you noted).

Quote :
She has a twin brother, Aidan, and the two of them were inseparable growing up. Their relationship is probably why she can be a bit cold and standoffish at times: because they were so close, and had an "us against the world" feeling due to their being bastards and sorcerers, she was only ever able to open up to him. Close to the end of the Last War, Aidan was killed in action (or rather, went MIA and was presumed dead). Which was, what, about 3 or 4 years ago now?

Actually, you're at the start of 1002 YK and the war ended in 996 YK, so it's just about 6 years.
Back to top Go down
Nameless

PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 7:08 pm

Leonis wrote:

Actually Grabthar would give Leonis a good hard slap across the face when he tried putting his arm around her.

You've pushed this joke rather too far at this point Avi.

Last edited by Nameless on Thu May 26, 2011 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 7:28 pm

Nameless wrote:
Actually Grabthar would give Leonis a good hard slap across the face when he tried putting his arm around her.

Ouch!

I believe that's also known as the goliath version of a quickened Command: Fall spell Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 7:31 pm

Nameless wrote:

Shilsen wrote:
By this point Leonis is coming across as incredibly creepy, by the way. And here I thought Hannis Drelev was going to be the creepiest person at the tournament, but I think you've got him beat.

Yeah, Avi's starting to make me wonder about him.

Hey John, don't insult me personally.

I like the banter, I like the play, I like taunting Rowans character and I am playing Leonis as an immature kid who just doesn't realize when to quit. I think Mikes RP is great, and even the "Grabthar slaps Leonis" is expected. Just don't insult me personally.
Back to top Go down
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 8:16 pm

Nameless wrote:

You've pushed this joke rather too far at this point Avi.
OOC: Good. Leonis could use a good slapping. Very Happy I love the sniping and banter, but it's definitely creepy to keep pushing it even when Rowan is obviously angry and upset and on the verge of tears. It takes extreme insensitivity and/or cluelessness to keep hitting on her at that point.

It would be funny if Leonis hugged her in a genuine, if seriously misguided, attempt to be kind. But I don't think that was Leonis' intent. Wink

After Grabthar's Power Word: Bitchslap, Rowan will snarl and cast Combust as I described in my last post, standing over Leonis threateningly with her hand burning with intense fire.

OOC: And do be careful. If this goes on much farther, Rowan's going to have a very hard time trusting Leonis with anything. And yes, she does trust him with many things. Just not anything having to do with women or sex.

Last edited by Rowan on Thu May 26, 2011 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 8:21 pm

[quote="Rowan"]
Nameless wrote:

It would be funny if Leonis hugged her in a genuine, if seriously misguided, attempt to be kind. But I don't think that was Leonis' intent. Wink

After Grabthar's Power Word: Bitchslap, Rowan will snarl and cast Combust as I described in my last post, standing over Leonis threateningly.

OOC: And do be careful. If this goes on much farther, Rowan's going to have a very hard time trusting Leonis with anything. And yes, she does trust him with many things. Just not anything having to do with women or sex.

The lean on me was him being nice (not sexual), the rest was him being him. The fact that he can't do anything without having people second guess his intentions was my goal. So even when he tries to be genuine he has this negative stereotype. I am also OK with Shil saying Leonis is coming off creepy. I am not OK with John saying *I* am coming off as such. Considering you have all known me for a long time, and in all honesty I have never had a girl call me (or tell someone that I know) that I am creepy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 8:39 pm

Leonis wrote:
Hey John, don't insult me personally.

I think John was referring to the character.

Quote :
I like the banter, I like the play, I like taunting Rowans character and I am playing Leonis as an immature kid who just doesn't realize when to quit. I think Mikes RP is great, and even the "Grabthar slaps Leonis" is expected. Just don't insult me personally.

Banter, play, and taunting, as well as playing an immature character are all fine. But there's essentially no variation in Leonis' interactions with Rowan (apparently for nearly 2 years in game time!) and he just comes across as pathetic and desperate, as well as just pretty dumb, more than anything else. All of which are perfectly fine by me, since it's up to you if you want to play your PC that way.

But, as I mentioned, and as both John and Mike have noted too (and I'm damn sure Julia would as well), the PC is just seriously creepy at this point. This is precisely the sort of 'amusing' RP which leads to messageboard threads about creepy gamers and their lack of social skills or awareness of boundaries. That's kinda funny to read about, but not as much to experience.

And on an IC level, it does make it really difficult to justify Rowan wanting to interact with or consider Leonis an acceptable ally. After all, he's essentially sexually harassing her constantly, and his actions make it utterly clear that he's a person who doesn't respect her and doesn't give a damn about her feelings.

In short, I'd seriously like you to cut down on the creepiness with Rowan. Esp. since Mike's options with Rowan are limited due to them both being PCs and having to exist together. You can do what you want with NPCs, of course, since they'll just respond according to his actions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back from Lamannia and the Green King   Back from Lamannia and the Green King - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back from Lamannia and the Green King
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next