Shil's Eberron Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shil's Eberron Game

Private board for a 3.5e D&D Eberron game

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

During the Springlight Festival

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2006-09-11

During the Springlight Festival Empty
PostSubject: During the Springlight Festival   During the Springlight Festival Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 7:13 am

Here's the timeline for the festival (the month is Therendor, 1002 YK):

9 Mol – PCs arrive
10 Zol – Tournament begins; Pitax shows off its armies; first competition (archery)
11 Wir – Second competition (axes)
12 Zor – Third competition (boasting)
13 Far – Fourth competition (tower of skill) and fifth (midnight joust)
14 Sar – Sixth competition (mage duel)
15 Sul – Sun's Blessing (holy day to Dol Arrah); final competition (grand melee); tournament ends
Back to top Go down
https://eberrongame.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: During the Springlight Festival   During the Springlight Festival Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 7:46 am

On the night of 12th Zor, three days into Irovetti's tournament, the festival is in full swing. The boasting competition, which ended only a few hours ago, provided a great deal of entertainment to the spectators. Now, while the crowds have dispersed somewhat, it's only to spread out from the Coliseum towards the various forms of entertainment provided within the buildings and smaller structures spread around the arena. Many are heading to the inns and taverns, while others walk over to the park where the Phiarlan Carnival of Shadows is located, stopping to watch the artistic performances or the various exotic animals and monsters. The giant bazaar near the arena is doing very good business, even more so than earlier, thanks to the continuing influx of visitors. Even if Aundair has not sent official representation to the competition, hundreds of people have traveled across the border to visit the festival and are now busy sampling the entertainment here. Despite the large numbers of people moving around, there is remarkably little turmoil or conflict, probably due to the dozens of Pitax heralds and their guards who seem to be omnipresent.

The contingent from Khatovar are left to their own devices this evening, except for one of them. Leonis has an assignation with Quintessa Murray, diplomat and mistress to Hannis Drelev. They are supposed to meet for drinks and dinner at the Gray Goose, supposedly one of the best local taverns - and who knows what else. The fact that Hannis Drelev is evidently dining alone with Irovetti this evening might have something to do with it too.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

Number of posts : 746

PostSubject: Re: During the Springlight Festival   During the Springlight Festival Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 1:01 pm

While in his room Leonis prepares for the night. He pulls out his favorite outfit, when dining with the ladies. A bright, but not too bright, green shirt, black pants with a cloth cord holding them up, similar to a belt, but made for a quick release. His shoes are a black leather and quickly slip on, and most importantly off. Leonis showers, and makes sure he smells appropriately well for the situation. In addition to all of this Leonis memorizes and casts some defensive spells, just in case. He keeps at the ready a dimension door, casts an anticipate teleport, greater mage armor (which is typically always up), magic circle vs evil (extended), heroism (extended). OOC: The extends assume Rowan lets him use the rod.

Leonis informs the group of where he plans to go, looks at Rowan and mischievously says "Don't worry, I'll try and respect the curfew".

Leonis proceeds to the Gray Goose, and walks in, looking for Quintessa.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: During the Springlight Festival   During the Springlight Festival Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 7:45 pm

Leonis wrote:
Leonis proceeds to the Gray Goose, and walks in, looking for Quintessa.

When Leonis arrives, he doesn't see Quintessa, but one of the uniformed halflings at the tavern (which is a Ghallanda enterprise, and a very high-end one by the standards of the Eldeen Reaches) quickly walks over and says that Quintessa is awaiting him in one of the private dining booths.

Leonis is led down a hallway away from the main dining room and to a large chamber which contains half a dozen large and plush booths set against the walls. The booths are set well apart from each other and provided with large, thick curtains to provide privacy and muffle sound - though enough passes through for it to be evident that some of them are occupied.

The attendant leads Leonis to one set of curtains and rings the bell on the outside of the booth, which causes the curtain to be pulled back enough to reveal Quintessa's head. She smiles broadly and says, while pushing back the curtain, "Good. Come in, Leonis." Then she looks at the halfling and adds, "You can serve the meal now, please."

Quintessa is wearing her usual cloak over a formal top in the latest Aundairan style, high-throated and sleeveless, over loose flowing pants, all in the usual blue-and-lavender colors she seems to favor. Even the stylish hat set at a jaunty angle on her head displays the same colors.

The booths are large enough for there to be a couple steps of walking/standing space between the curtain and the semi-circular table, which has a similarly semi-circular couch around it. Quintessa walks back and slides onto the couch and gestures for Leonis to take the other side. There is a bottle of red wine already open on the table and a couple of glasses, one filled and the other three-quarters full. Lifting the latter, Quintessa smiles and says, "I ordered some wine before you arrived," and slides across the full glass toward Leonis. Then she lifts her own glass and drinks from it.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: During the Springlight Festival   During the Springlight Festival Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 9:24 pm

Leonis walks with the halfling enjoying the atmosphere and thinking to himself, I have definitely got to open up one of these kinds of places back home. Upon seeing Quintessa Leonis throws a coy smile at her, and sits next to her, closely next to her. He takes the wine and raises it to his nose, swirling it about, taking a sniff (one to see if he detects anything off) to appreciate the aroma. "This smells like a great bottle, a wonderful pick Quintessa" and then Leonis toasts, "To losing a bet", smiles and drinks from the wine.

"How has your day been going? How is your evening coming?"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: During the Springlight Festival   During the Springlight Festival Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 11:48 pm

Leonis wrote:
Upon seeing Quintessa Leonis throws a coy smile at her, and sits next to her, closely next to her.

Quintessa doesn't show any displeasure when Leonis seats himself next to her instead of across the table as she had first indicated, simply smiling and sliding in to make it easier for him to be seated.

Quote :
He takes the wine and raises it to his nose, swirling it about, taking a sniff (one to see if he detects anything off) to appreciate the aroma.

"This smells like a great bottle, a wonderful pick Quintessa" and then Leonis toasts, "To losing a bet", smiles and drinks from the wine.

Leonis doesn't detect anything strange about the wine, and it's certainly a very good Aundairan vintage.

Quote :
"How has your day been going? How is your evening coming?"

"The day's been quite good," says Quintessa. "I thoroughly enjoyed the boasting competition and," she inclines her head with a smile, "the support. Your friend Rowan is certainly a skilled raconteur. I'm looking forward to possibly competing with her again in the mage duel. And you, I presume?"

The question is evidently rhetorical, since she continues, her smile turning more flirtatious and her voice slightly throaty, "And the evening's going very well - so far. Though I might be disappointed if it doesn't get even better." She leans an elbow on the table and looks thoughtfully at Leonis, though she's still smiling a little. "So tell me, Leonis - what did you have in mind for this evening?"
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: During the Springlight Festival   During the Springlight Festival Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 12:01 am

OOC: Whoops, missed the whole sitting on the other side of the table. But hey Smile

Admin wrote:
"The day's been quite good," says Quintessa. "I thoroughly enjoyed the boasting competition and," she inclines her head with a smile, "the support. Your friend Rowan is certainly a skilled raconteur.

Leonis smiles, "Well, while you represent a competing nation, I most certainly find you to be my...favored. As for Rowan, she is definitely a charismatic woman, but does not hold the refined skill of a trained performer, such as yourself. Besides, someone needs to show her that she needs some training in pleasing others."

Admin wrote:
I'm looking forward to possibly competing with her again in the mage duel. And you, I presume?"

Upon hearing this Leonis coughs as he chokes on his wine, "You're...", Coughing still, "competing in the mage duel?" Pausing for a moment, "You know, it is not one on one, and Rowan has a partner for this duel?"

Admin wrote:
The question is evidently rhetorical, since she continues, her smile turning more flirtatious and her voice slightly throaty, "And the evening's going very well - so far. Though I might be disappointed if it doesn't get even better." She leans an elbow on the table and looks thoughtfully at Leonis, though she's still smiling a little. "So tell me, Leonis - what did you have in mind for this evening?"

OOC: I'll answer this part, but assume it will come after the previous discussion

Grinning a bit, "Well, an honorable ruler, such as myself, pays a lost bet, and I was thinking to start..." Leonis reaches his hand under the table caressing Quintessa's leg, "I'm thinking to adding some privacy to this room, if you don't exactly mind me providing that for us?" If Quintessa agrees Leonis casts a Mages Private Sanctum
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: During the Springlight Festival   During the Springlight Festival Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 8:06 am

Leonis wrote:
OOC: Whoops, missed the whole sitting on the other side of the table. But hey Smile

Evidently not a problem Smile

Quote :
Leonis smiles, "Well, while you represent a competing nation, I most certainly find you to be my...favored. As for Rowan, she is definitely a charismatic woman, but does not hold the refined skill of a trained performer, such as yourself. Besides, someone needs to show her that she needs some training in pleasing others."

Quintessa chuckles at that and says, "Yes, I heard that she isn't quite as interested in ... pleasing others as some people."

Quote :
Upon hearing this Leonis coughs as he chokes on his wine, "You're...", Coughing still, "competing in the mage duel?" Pausing for a moment, "You know, it is not one on one, and Rowan has a partner for this duel?"

Quintessa grins broadly at Leonis' response. "Oh yes," she replies, lips still twitching in amusement, "I know. That's why I'm competing. Imeckus needs a partner, since he won't be allowed to compete alone--though he probably believes he could--so that's me." She smiles teasingly. "Don't tell me you're worried, Leonis. I thought you would like the competition and opportunity for ... exercise."

Quote :
Grinning a bit, "Well, an honorable ruler, such as myself, pays a lost bet, and I was thinking to start..." Leonis reaches his hand under the table caressing Quintessa's leg, "I'm thinking to adding some privacy to this room, if you don't exactly mind me providing that for us?" If Quintessa agrees Leonis casts a Mages Private Sanctum

"I appreciate how honorable you are," Quintessa smiles back, and though she doesn't respond verbally to Leonis' caress, her smile widens for a moment. When he mentions casting the spell, she considers for a moment and then says, "Certainly, if you wish, though perhaps you might want to save it for our room?"

As she is speaking, there is another ring on the bell outside, to which Quintessa responds with an "Enter." In response, the curtains are whisked aside to reveal a halfling and a pair of human attendants, standing around a trolley laden with dishes, bowls, cutlery, etc. They quickly and efficiently begin to transfer the contents of the trolley to the table and soon it holds enough food for a good four to six people to fill themselves. After thanking them, Quintessa dismisses the attendants, who close the curtains again before leaving. She looks over the table and then to Leonis, saying, "I thought we could get a broad selection and try many things. I do," she smiles, "enjoy trying new things."
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: During the Springlight Festival   During the Springlight Festival Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 11:48 am

[quote="Admin"]Quintessa grins broadly at Leonis' response. "Oh yes," she replies, lips still twitching in amusement, "I know. That's why I'm competing. Imeckus needs a partner, since he won't be allowed to compete alone--though he probably believes he could--so that's me." She smiles teasingly. "Don't tell me you're worried, Leonis. I thought you would like the competition and opportunity for ... exercise." [/.quote]

Leonis then smiles, "Competing to survive has always been my life, it's just, that I've never been", a twinkle comes to his eye, "conflicted about overcoming my opponent" Pausing, "Maybe in the test of skills I could count on a token of your favor?"

Admin wrote:
"I appreciate how honorable you are," Quintessa smiles back, and though she doesn't respond verbally to Leonis' caress, her smile widens for a moment. When he mentions casting the spell, she considers for a moment and then says, "Certainly, if you wish, though perhaps you might want to save it for our room?"

"No wonder Drelev has you in his employ, you are full of great tips. You should really come to Khatovar, we could definitely use someone with your talents, and then some"

Admin wrote:
As she is speaking, there is another ring on the bell outside, to which Quintessa responds with an "Enter." In response, the curtains are whisked aside to reveal a halfling and a pair of human attendants, standing around a trolley laden with dishes, bowls, cutlery, etc. They quickly and efficiently begin to transfer the contents of the trolley to the table and soon it holds enough food for a good four to six people to fill themselves. After thanking them, Quintessa dismisses the attendants, who close the curtains again before leaving. She looks over the table and then to Leonis, saying, "I thought we could get a broad selection and try many things. I do," she smiles, "enjoy trying new things."

Anytime Leonis sees a large assortment of food he is reminded of the days when he was barely able to find a rotten apple, and even more so at the homeless children who were not even able to find that. A slight twang of pain fills his heart, but is masked by the final words from Quintessa. "Then let's not waste the precious night, and let's start feasting." Leonis helps serve Quintessa, and serves himself a large quantity of food which would make some wonder if Leonis has an extra-dimensional space inside his stomach.

"Quintessa, tell me about you. Where are you from? What got you into performance? How did you end it up where you are today" Leonis will probe with casual questions, but will try and glean some information about Drelev, both of particular value on a face level, but also embarrassing information.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: During the Springlight Festival   During the Springlight Festival Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 1:13 pm

Leonis wrote:
Leonis then smiles, "Competing to survive has always been my life, it's just, that I've never been", a twinkle comes to his eye, "conflicted about overcoming my opponent" Pausing, "Maybe in the test of skills I could count on a token of your favor?"

Quintessa grins. "What sort of favor did you have in mind? I'm not sure that would be fair, since I am, as you said, an opponent. I did mention," her eyes twinkle mischievously, "that I'll be competing individually against you in the test of skills, didn't I?"

Quote :
"No wonder Drelev has you in his employ, you are full of great tips. You should really come to Khatovar, we could definitely use someone with your talents, and then some"

Quintessa laughs at that and then says, "Why, Leonis, if I didn't know better I'd say you're trying to steal me away from Drelev. Are you?"

Quote :
Anytime Leonis sees a large assortment of food he is reminded of the days when he was barely able to find a rotten apple, and even more so at the homeless children who were not even able to find that. A slight twang of pain fills his heart, but is masked by the final words from Quintessa. "Then let's not waste the precious night, and let's start feasting." Leonis helps serve Quintessa, and serves himself a large quantity of food which would make some wonder if Leonis has an extra-dimensional space inside his stomach.

"I do like a man who can put away his food. And thank you," Quintessa says, once Leonis has served her, before digging in with great gusto.

Quote :
"Quintessa, tell me about you. Where are you from? What got you into performance? How did you end it up where you are today" Leonis will probe with casual questions, but will try and glean some information about Drelev, both of particular value on a face level, but also embarrassing information.

"Oh, I'm Aundairan, born and bred. I come from Lathleer," Quintessa says, naming a large town in Aundair. "And it was quite clear early on that I had a talent for performance--and I enjoyed it--so I pursued it. It made me money, gave me a chance to rise in society--since I come from a lower-class family--and let me travel and meet interesting people. I'd met Hannis in parting near the end of the Last War, so when I heard he was heading an expedition into the Stolen Lands, I thought it would be interesting to be involved. So here I am."

Quintessa seems quite happy to talk about Drelev, but she doesn't give away much in the way of information. However, she is quite openly critical of Pavetta (Hannis' wife), who she describes as a stuck-up society lady out of her depth here, and not very complimentary to Imeckus, who she says has a temper issue.

"What about you, Leonis?" she eventually asks. "Tell me more about yourself and how you came to own a kingdom in these lands."
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: During the Springlight Festival   During the Springlight Festival Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 4:19 pm

Admin wrote:
Quintessa grins. "What sort of favor did you have in mind? I'm not sure that would be fair, since I am, as you said, an opponent. I did mention," her eyes twinkle mischievously, "that I'll be competing individually against you in the test of skills, didn't I?"

"Well, it does seem we are both vying for the upper...hand?" Leonis drinks and takes a bite to eat, "I am not surprised that I will get to test my skills against you, I just didn't think it would be in the tournaments events" Thinking for a minute, "Would it be a first if we traded a symbolic token on the field of battle? Knights typically do that of ladies they have an eye for, but I have never heard of combatants doing that"

Admin wrote:
Quintessa laughs at that and then says, "Why, Leonis, if I didn't know better I'd say you're trying to steal me away from Drelev. Are you?"

Feigning a look of hurt, "Me steal? Why Quintessa, I am quite shocked that you would even ask such a question" Leonis pulls a slight of hand producing a gold coin in one hand and then asking Quintessa to feel behind her ear (OOC: Let me know if you want a slight of hand) "Though, since you brought it up, what would it take to relieve Drelev of your services? You know, we have better weather, and food in our kingdom"

Admin wrote:
"Oh, I'm Aundairan, born and bred. I come from Lathleer," Quintessa says, naming a large town in Aundair. "And it was quite clear early on that I had a talent for performance--and I enjoyed it--so I pursued it. It made me money, gave me a chance to rise in society--since I come from a lower-class family--and let me travel and meet interesting people. I'd met Hannis in parting near the end of the Last War, so when I heard he was heading an expedition into the Stolen Lands, I thought it would be interesting to be involved. So here I am, far from the reaches of a wizard who I assume is still searching for me."

"It sounds like you are a woman who knows what she wants, goes after what she wants, and takes it. Am I correct? You are a lady who seeks adventure and fun?"

Leonis notes the information about Imeckus and Pavetta.

Admin wrote:
"What about you, Leonis?" she eventually asks. "Tell me more about yourself and how you came to own a kingdom in these lands."

Thinking of his past, and how to best phrase it, Leonis goes for the truth - which is rare when it comes to seducing women. "I feel comfortable here, so the story of me. I was nowhere near a ruler not too long ago, and my upbringing makes your birth social status that of a queen. I am not sure about my birth family. Minus a snapshot here, and there, of what I presume are my parents the only link I may even consider to have of my original life was this birthmark under my arm." Leonis raises his arm, and pulls his sleave showing a birthmark in the shape of a crescent moon.

"But, my first real memories were being a slave to a slaver village. When the slavers had killed my village they were young, probably in their early 20's I presume. As an elf I was always a child in their eyes, like a painting that never aged. They had become old, gray and lax. They treated me as a broken down dog - obedient, safe, and harmless. They gave me a lot of latitude and one night, I managed to escape." Leonis remembers the night where he killed the slaver leaders particularly ruthless son, one who enjoyed beating Leonis. The son had just finished beating Leonis, scarring him as usual. As the son liked to put it, he kept a notch of each beating on Leonis to remind him who the master was and what Leonis should expect when he would inherit the village. As the slavers son turned around Leonis pulled out a shiv he fashioned and shoved it into the sons back, pushing it into his kidney...Quickly, quietly, and before the slavers son could scream Leonis cupped his mouth shut and whispered, "You're days of putting notches into me are over, and remember the last voice you will ever hear, is mine you sick son of a bitch" and then Leonis completed the job by pulling the shiv out and jamming it back, watching the slavers son die over the course of minutes.

Leonis breaks free of his particularly long mental pause "I don't know for how long I ran, but it seemed like days until I arrived at a massive city." (OOC: I don't recall the name of the city) Pausing for a moment to eat, "From there I lived on the streets, surviving with the rest of the homeless children, avoiding the bands of bigger, older and meaner... thieves. One day I saw a big, fat, and pompous rich fellow with a sack at his side full of something. I snuck behind him and procured the bag, relieving him of it's weighty contents." Leonis smiles, "He chased me for blocks, and I managed to hide the bag before I was caught...a divination spell I presume. Then I spent the next months in jail, only being kept alive because I did not reveal the location of the bag, until I was pardoned to join the Stolen lands expedition." Pausing, "Before you ask, yes I did recover the bag and it's contents. Quite a fascinating wizards book."

Leonis finishes his food, "That was fantastic Quentessa. You're selection in dining places is great." Looking around, "Would you like to leave this place, for something more, private?"

OOC: I am fully expecting Leonis to either get kidnapped or drugged - but that's the price you pay for sex Wink
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: During the Springlight Festival   During the Springlight Festival Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 10:06 pm

Leonis wrote:
"Well, it does seem we are both vying for the upper...hand?" Leonis drinks and takes a bite to eat, "I am not surprised that I will get to test my skills against you, I just didn't think it would be in the tournaments events" Thinking for a minute, "Would it be a first if we traded a symbolic token on the field of battle? Knights typically do that of ladies they have an eye for, but I have never heard of combatants doing that"

Quintessa smiles and says, "Oh no, it's been done before. It's a good way for people from supposedly opposing camps to express friendship or simply mutual respect. Which, considering our current situation, makes it an especially good idea, I think. Hmm - now I just have to come up with some sort of token."

OOC: Since you get just as many female knights as male ones in Eberron, women carrying favors from men (or women, for that matter, just like men might be carrying favors from other men) is equally common. Also, one may carry a favor to indicate allegiance and support, rather than anything romantic.

Quote :
Feigning a look of hurt, "Me steal? Why Quintessa, I am quite shocked that you would even ask such a question" Leonis pulls a slight of hand producing a gold coin in one hand and then asking Quintessa to feel behind her ear (OOC: Let me know if you want a slight of hand) "Though, since you brought it up, what would it take to relieve Drelev of your services? You know, we have better weather, and food in our kingdom"

Quintessa grins as she feels behind her ear and produces the coin. "Nicely done. I wonder whether that'll come in handy tomorrow." While speaking, she tosses the coin a couple of times and, after catching it the second time, opens her hand to show it's not there. Just as Leonis feels the clink of the coin in his pocket.

She winks and then says, her tone turning a little more serious, "I'll admit that your land is supposedly better and more fertile, since a lot of the Drelev land is swamp, but there are other considerations. After all, with Hannis I'm only a step away from the throne and have, if I say so myself, the greatest influence on him. With you having three fellow-rulers and a lot of already established allies and councilors, it sounds like I'd be much less important or influential there. Am I wrong? Is there some ... benefit I'm unaware of?"

Quote :
"It sounds like you are a woman who knows what she wants, goes after what she wants, and takes it. Am I correct? You are a lady who seeks adventure and fun?"

Leonis notes the information about Imeckus and Pavetta.

"Of course," says Quintessa, chuckling as she sips her wine. "Is life worth living any other way?"

Quote :
Thinking of his past, and how to best phrase it, Leonis goes for the truth - which is rare when it comes to seducing women. "I feel comfortable here, so the story of me...

Quintessa listens intently, tut-tutting or making quiet sounds of sympathy as Leonis relates his story. Once he is done, she whistles softly and shakes her head. "Way more complicated than my past, certainly. You have my sympathies. And respect. You've come a long way from where you started." Going by the tone in her voice, Quintessa is telling the truth or lying beautifully.

OOC: In case it ever comes up as important, we should probably hash out the details of where Leonis came from at some point (but there's no hurry). Slavery doesn't occur in any of the primary nations of Khorvaire, with the only nation on the continent where it would occur being Droaam (where the hags rule). So probably the easiest way to have slavery in Leonis' background as you described is to say that he was born to slaves in Droaam and fled north, ending up in Aundair.

Quote :
Leonis finishes his food, "That was fantastic Quentessa. You're selection in dining places is great." Looking around, "Would you like to leave this place, for something more, private?"

"I can't take much credit for that. All I needed to do was ask around a bit and check where the Ghallanda locations were. But I'm glad you enjoyed it. I certainly did. And going ... elsewhere sounds like a great idea."

Quintessa picks up the two wine glasses and one of the additional bottles that was provided with the meal. Once Leonis is up too, she leads the way out through the curtains. Addressing one of the attendants outside, she says, "We're done, so we'll be heading to our room. The food was excellent. My compliments to the chef."

One of the attendants leads Leonis and Quintessa through another hallway, not leading back to the main room, to a large flight of stairs leading up. As they follow her, Quintessa companionably slips an arm through Leonis', adroitly holding the bottle and two glasses in the other hand.

Quote :
OOC: I am fully expecting Leonis to either get kidnapped or drugged - but that's the price you pay for sex Wink

Oh, dude - if you think that's the normal/acceptable price for sex, you're doing it wrong Razz

Roll me six d20 rolls, please, and three d6 rolls.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: During the Springlight Festival   During the Springlight Festival Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 10:32 pm

Admin wrote:
Quintessa smiles and says, "Oh no, it's been done before. It's a good way for people from supposedly opposing camps to express friendship or simply mutual respect. Which, considering our current situation, makes it an especially good idea, I think. Hmm - now I just have to come up with some sort of token."
"Well, I am sure your creative wit will think of something", Leonis begins to ponder in the back of his mind a suitable token. One that would show interest in Quintessa, and may embarass Drelev at the same time. OOC: Who says you can't mix business with pleasure?

Admin wrote:
Quintessa grins as she feels behind her ear and produces the coin. "Nicely done. I wonder whether that'll come in handy tomorrow." While speaking, she tosses the coin a couple of times and, after catching it the second time, opens her hand to show it's not there. Just as Leonis feels the clink of the coin in his pocket.

Grinning, "Touche'; though I wonder if I may need to watch my purse strings around you now?" Leonis makes a subtle movement of his hand, though bringing it along Quintessa' side in a gentle fashion.

Admin wrote:
She winks and then says, her tone turning a little more serious, "I'll admit that your land is supposedly better and more fertile, since a lot of the Drelev land is swamp, but there are other considerations. After all, with Hannis I'm only a step away from the throne and have, if I say so myself, the greatest influence on him. With you having three fellow-rulers and a lot of already established allies and councilors, it sounds like I'd be much less important or influential there. Am I wrong? Is there some ... benefit I'm unaware of?"

"I was not aware that Drelev was planning on replacing his wife with you? (OOC: Leonis has Knowledge Nobility. What does he know about Drelev legally replacing his wife with Quintessa? Is her death required, or can he just divorce her. Based on that response Leonis would form an appropriate response...especially if death is required)

"While I cannot make you queen of my lands, because it is a shared rulership, I can offer certain things that you may never see with Drelev: Loyalty, knowing where you stand, a position you would desire and being quite happy with the position and the growth potential. I also believe that Drelev is not one to share power, and from what I have been told abuses it? I think the best of my list is knowing where you stand - nobody likes second guessing their lot in life...and," with a very sly grin, "I'd think you would find me a benefit"

Admin wrote:
"Of course," says Quintessa, chuckling as she sips her wine. "Is life worth living any other way?"

"Not in my opinion - experience life every day, and never let someone keep you down...well that last part is negotiable"

Admin wrote:
Quintessa listens intently, tut-tutting or making quiet sounds of sympathy as Leonis relates his story. Once he is done, she whistles softly and shakes her head. "Way more complicated than my past, certainly. You have my sympathies. And respect. You've come a long way from where you started." Going by the tone in her voice, Quintessa is telling the truth or lying beautifully.

OOC: In case it ever comes up as important, we should probably hash out the details of where Leonis came from at some point (but there's no hurry). Slavery doesn't occur in any of the primary nations of Khorvaire, with the only nation on the continent where it would occur being Droaam (where the hags rule). So probably the easiest way to have slavery in Leonis' background as you described is to say that he was born to slaves in Droaam and fled north, ending up in Aundair.

"Life is a set of trials, if we did not have these we would be bored and some of us would simply die of boredom! And thank you for your words"

OOC: Yea let's hash it out. I had it imagined that Leonis died to an elven community were his parents were leadership. At a young age (baby) the village was sacked and murdered entirely (presumably). Leonis was taken in as a baby to be raised as a slave. No hurry, but it would be interesting if it came into play down the road.

Admin wrote:
Quintessa picks up the two wine glasses and one of the additional bottles that was provided with the meal. Once Leonis is up too, she leads the way out through the curtains. Addressing one of the attendants outside, she says, "We're done, so we'll be heading to our room. The food was excellent. My compliments to the chef."

Leonis escorts Quintessa out and makes way to her location. On the way out he pays the tab, not allowing Quintessa to do so.

Admin wrote:
One of the attendants leads Leonis and Quintessa through another hallway, not leading back to the main room, to a large flight of stairs leading up. As they follow her, Quintessa companionably slips an arm through Leonis', adroitly holding the bottle and two glasses in the other hand.

Oh, dude - if you think that's the normal/acceptable price for sex, you're doing it wrong Razz

Roll me six d20 rolls, please, and three d6 rolls.

Trust me, it's all right Wink

And here it begins. six rolls for poison and 3 rolls to see Leonis' stats drop to zero Smile

At the first sign of trouble Leonis teleports/dimension doors - or whatever works on a crazy fast need!

NO WAMMIES!

EDIT: Damn, a one slipped in there. Alright group, time to mount a rescuing party. So what she do to me?

Last edited by Leonis on Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: During the Springlight Festival   During the Springlight Festival Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 10:32 pm

The member 'Leonis' has done the following action : Dice roller

#1 'd20' : 19

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 1

#3 'd20' : 9

#4 'd20' : 19

#5 'd20' : 9

#6 'd20' : 17

#7 'd6' : 3

#8 'd6' : 4

#9 'd6' : 2
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: During the Springlight Festival   During the Springlight Festival Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 7:33 am

Leonis wrote:
Grinning, "Touche'; though I wonder if I may need to watch my purse strings around you now?" Leonis makes a subtle movement of his hand, though bringing it along Quintessa' side in a gentle fashion.

Quintessa grins. "I could say the same, but I'd be disappointed if either of us was interested in taking such mundane things from the other."

Quote :
"I was not aware that Drelev was planning on replacing his wife with you? (OOC: Leonis has Knowledge Nobility. What does he know about Drelev legally replacing his wife with Quintessa? Is her death required, or can he just divorce her. Based on that response Leonis would form an appropriate response...especially if death is required)

This causes Quintessa to stare at Leonis for a moment and then throw her head back in a bout of loud laughter. "Sorry," she says, as she recovers, "but what gave you the idea that I was interested in replacing Hannis' wife? Ah, my dear Leonis," she chuckles, "I already do have the greatest influence on Hannis - and without having to be tied to him in that way. I'm far too young and attractive for marriage." She pauses and then, after a second, grins roguishly. "That was an opening for you to gallantly agree, by the way."

OOC: Divorce is quite legal and can be done with relative ease in Khorvaire. Not that it sounds like it's something Quintessa is going for.

Quote :
"While I cannot make you queen of my lands, because it is a shared rulership, I can offer certain things that you may never see with Drelev: Loyalty, knowing where you stand, a position you would desire and being quite happy with the position and the growth potential. I also believe that Drelev is not one to share power, and from what I have been told abuses it? I think the best of my list is knowing where you stand - nobody likes second guessing their lot in life...and," with a very sly grin, "I'd think you would find me a benefit"

Quintessa's eyes narrow thoughtfully while she chuckles softly. "Your lands, is it? I thought it was yours and three other people's lands." She continues, sounding slightly more serious, "I have no real complaint about Hannis' use of power--with regard to me, that is--and while what you describe sounds vaguely intriguing, it does also sound a little," her smile broadens, "well, vague. Plus, how much can you promise? Anything you offer me would have to be ratified by your fellow-rulers and possibly even your other councilors, wouldn't it? That's one of the primary downsides of democratic rule, after all."

She looks keenly at Leonis and smiles slyly in return, "And assuming you are a benefit - how long would that last? You mentioned loyalty and knowing where I stand. Where would I stand with you, say, a month later? Or two months? Or whenever the next attractive woman catches your eye? You do know that your reputation precedes you, I presume, and not just because of that amusing story that Grigori fellow told today."

Admin wrote:

"Not in my opinion - experience life every day, and never let someone keep you down...well that last part is negotiable"

Admin wrote:
OOC: Yea let's hash it out. I had it imagined that Leonis died to an elven community were his parents were leadership. At a young age (baby) the village was sacked and murdered entirely (presumably). Leonis was taken in as a baby to be raised as a slave. No hurry, but it would be interesting if it came into play down the road.

Khorvaire doesn't actually have purely elven communities except in the nation of Valenar, since the elven population is too limited and intermingled with the humans. Probably the highest concentration of elves outside Valenar is actually in the Eldeen Reaches, though more in the deeper Reaches than the areas of the Stolen Lands. It might make sense for Leonis to come from the Reaches originally and his family have been the victim of Aundairan troops originally, rather than just slavers. Which would both explain how he ended up in Aundair, some of his issues with Aundair, and him getting involved with the expedition to the Stolen Lands.

Quote :
Leonis escorts Quintessa out and makes way to her location. On the way out he pays the tab, not allowing Quintessa to do so.

The employee that Leonis asks says that Quintessa has already paid an advance on the meal and room, and the remainder is only due in the morning. That said, if he offers to cover the remainder at this point, it's happily accepted.

Quote :
And here it begins. six rolls for poison and 3 rolls to see Leonis' stats drop to zero Smile

At the first sign of trouble Leonis teleports/dimension doors - or whatever works on a crazy fast need!

NO WAMMIES!

EDIT: Damn, a one slipped in there. Alright group, time to mount a rescuing party. So what she do to me?

Very Happy

Thus far Leonis doesn't notice anything amiss. He's got a buzz from the wine, but it doesn't feel any different from what he would expect after the volume consumed and the quality of it.

So he's fine. Probably Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: During the Springlight Festival   During the Springlight Festival Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 8:07 am

Admin wrote:
This causes Quintessa to stare at Leonis for a moment and then throw her head back in a bout of loud laughter. "Sorry," she says, as she recovers, "but what gave you the idea that I was interested in replacing Hannis' wife? Ah, my dear Leonis," she chuckles, "I already do have the greatest influence on Hannis - and without having to be tied to him in that way. I'm far too young and attractive for marriage." She pauses and then, after a second, grins roguishly. "That was an opening for you to gallantly agree, by the way."

"If I didn't agree with you, it would make me a liar, and that is not what I am looking to be tonight. So will you be influencing me in such a way tonight, or should I be worried?"

Admin wrote:
Quintessa's eyes narrow thoughtfully while she chuckles softly. "Your lands, is it? I thought it was yours and three other people's lands." She continues, sounding slightly more serious, "I have no real complaint about Hannis' use of power--with regard to me, that is--and while what you describe sounds vaguely intriguing, it does also sound a little," her smile broadens, "well, vague. Plus, how much can you promise? Anything you offer me would have to be ratified by your fellow-rulers and possibly even your other councilors, wouldn't it? That's one of the primary downsides of democratic rule, after all."

"True, I would have to speak with my three co-rulers, but not the council. We have not put our councilors into position via election, though we have asked the opinions of our existing councilors. I could inquire and get back to you, confidentially, but only if you were interested"

Admin wrote:
She looks keenly at Leonis and smiles slyly in return, "And assuming you are a benefit - how long would that last? You mentioned loyalty and knowing where I stand. Where would I stand with you, say, a month later? Or two months? Or whenever the next attractive woman catches your eye? You do know that your reputation precedes you, I presume, and not just because of that amusing story that Grigori fellow told today."

Leonis blushes slightly, "My loyalty does not sway with the wind, it stands until the person who has it discards it," while walking and pausing for a moment, "Nobody can promise how they will feel in the future, and you just may be right, but would you want to settle down - you are far too young and attractive for marriage" Leonis grins, "and as for me, I don't know anyone who would say I am ready for marriage - but my loyalty would stay. My friendship would stay. My, 'services', would definitely stay."

Admin wrote:
Khorvaire doesn't actually have purely elven communities except in the nation of Valenar, since the elven population is too limited and intermingled with the humans. Probably the highest concentration of elves outside Valenar is actually in the Eldeen Reaches, though more in the deeper Reaches than the areas of the Stolen Lands. It might make sense for Leonis to come from the Reaches originally and his family have been the victim of Aundairan troops originally, rather than just slavers. Which would both explain how he ended up in Aundair, some of his issues with Aundair, and him getting involved with the expedition to the Stolen Lands.

OOC: Sounds like a decent reason.

Admin wrote:
The employee that Leonis asks says that Quintessa has already paid an advance on the meal and room, and the remainder is only due in the morning. That said, if he offers to cover the remainder at this point, it's happily accepted.

Leonis does pay. He proceeds with Quintessa to her room.

Admin wrote:
Thus far Leonis doesn't notice anything amiss. He's got a buzz from the wine, but it doesn't feel any different from what he would expect after the volume consumed and the quality of it.

So he's fine. Probably Twisted Evil

Great. He keeps an eye out for magical items, especially the ring. Both in any new additions or any losses
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: During the Springlight Festival   During the Springlight Festival Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 1:36 pm

Leonis wrote:
"If I didn't agree with you, it would make me a liar, and that is not what I am looking to be tonight. So will you be influencing me in such a way tonight, or should I be worried?"

Quintessa grins and says archly, "Perhaps both?"

Quote :
"True, I would have to speak with my three co-rulers, but not the council. We have not put our councilors into position via election, though we have asked the opinions of our existing councilors. I could inquire and get back to you, confidentially, but only if you were interested"

"Yes, I would certainly be interested. Since we're going to be here in Pitax for at least three another days, hopefully you'll be able to give me an answer before we leave, though I'm sure we could arrange for private correspondence later, if needed. Can you cast a sending?"

Quote :
Leonis blushes slightly, "My loyalty does not sway with the wind, it stands until the person who has it discards it," while walking and pausing for a moment, "Nobody can promise how they will feel in the future, and you just may be right, but would you want to settle down - you are far too young and attractive for marriage" Leonis grins, "and as for me, I don't know anyone who would say I am ready for marriage - but my loyalty would stay. My friendship would stay. My, 'services', would definitely stay."

Quintessa chuckles and says, "So are you telling me you were loyal to ...," and mentions the names of three different women whom Leonis had slept with at various points, "...and they each chose to 'discard' you? I find that a little hard to believe." She grins at Leonis' expression and says, "I always do my homework. And just to be clear, I wasn't suggesting settling down or marriage, but simply inquiring how certain I could be of your ... focused attention if I did come to join your kingdom in Khatovar. And," she adds smoothly, "let me reassure you that it would hardly be the only factor I'd consider, in case that's a worry for you." She chuckles again. "I'm quite enjoying this evening, but I'm not about to assume it's more than it is."

Admin wrote:

Quote :
OOC: Sounds like a decent reason.

Cool. Then let's assume that's the general background and we'll flesh out any other details later as and when needed.

Quote :
Great. He keeps an eye out for magical items, especially the ring. Both in any new additions or any losses

Okay. He's not noticing any changes so far.

The attendant leads Leonis and Quintessa up to the next floor and a thickly carpeted corridor, with a few locked doors along it. She stops at one, produces a key to unlock it, and opens the door. Inside she lifts the cover of a continual flame lamp to reveal a good-sized and comfortable bedroom. It contains a large, canopied four-poster bed, along with a table, a sofa and two chairs.

"Excellent. Thank you," says Quintessa, and the attendant bows, hands over the key to her and leaves. She drops the key on the table and then smiles at Leonis. "Get comfortable. I think we'll be here for a while. In fact, I suggest you get very comfortable. As will I."

Quintessa walks over to the other door in the room, opening it to reveal a bathroom beyond. She enters and then turns, slowly taking off her hat and shaking out her shoulder-length hair, before she tosses her hat across the room and onto the table. She grins and winks salaciously at Leonis, before closing the door and locking it.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: During the Springlight Festival   During the Springlight Festival Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 2:00 pm

Admin wrote:

"Yes, I would certainly be interested. Since we're going to be here in Pitax for at least three another days, hopefully you'll be able to give me an answer before we leave, though I'm sure we could arrange for private correspondence later, if needed. Can you cast a sending?"

Leonis nods in agreement, "I am sure I can figure that out. If you would like to make a quick escape and come see my home then I can make that arrangement for you"

Admin wrote:
Quintessa chuckles and says, "So are you telling me you were loyal to ...," and mentions the names of three different women whom Leonis had slept with at various points, "...and they each chose to 'discard' you? I find that a little hard to believe." She grins at Leonis' expression and says, "I always do my homework. And just to be clear, I wasn't suggesting settling down or marriage, but simply inquiring how certain I could be of your ... focused attention if I did come to join your kingdom in Khatovar. And," she adds smoothly, "let me reassure you that it would hardly be the only factor I'd consider, in case that's a worry for you." She chuckles again. "I'm quite enjoying this evening, but I'm not about to assume it's more than it is."

Leonis starts to blush a little, "I do have to say - with all honesty, they decided to stop seeing me. The third one was her husbands fault, and as for the second - I don't even know who..." Leonis stops in midsentence realizing that he is digging himself into a hole. "Let us enjoy the rest of the night for what it is, we have days more to spend together and feel each other out. My focus, for you, would be quite accurate."

Admin wrote:
"Excellent. Thank you," says Quintessa, and the attendant bows, hands over the key to her and leaves. She drops the key on the table and then smiles at Leonis. "Get comfortable. I think we'll be here for a while. In fact, I suggest you get very comfortable. As will I."

Leonis starts to disrobe, placing his belongings in his bag, but keeping it close by - as well as a quick escape spell. He casts a resistance spell.

OOC: I don't have the spells on me, but some verbal and non-verbal spells. Maybe a resiliant sphere to encase myself, followed by a teleport, or ddoor. The idea is to have my bag within arms reach, and then escape with haste. BTW - I think Shil just proved that he won, once again. It's horrible that we are so paranoid we can't walk to get a newspaper without freaking out, or having close and personal encounters without readying escape procedures.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: During the Springlight Festival   During the Springlight Festival Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 2:05 pm

Note to the group:

If we can acquire Quintessa would you guys be interested? We could steal her from Drelev, which would be fun to poke him with, and she is a bard. We have been talking about needing a bard, and she is apparently quite accomplished. For at least a limited time she might be able to keep Leonis away from the villagers Wink

Obviously we would run standard magical spells/protocols on her. We could find a position for her. Maybe add another component to my wizardry school...for bardic magic.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: During the Springlight Festival   During the Springlight Festival Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 6:50 pm

Leonis wrote:
Leonis nods in agreement, "I am sure I can figure that out. If you would like to make a quick escape and come see my home then I can make that arrangement for you"

"I appreciate the offer, but I doubt it'll be necessary. If I want to get to Khatovar permanently I believe I can arrange for it. And I can certainly arrange to come and see Khatovar, perhaps as part of a diplomatic mission. I'd been considering something of the kind, actually, so now there's even more reason for it."

Quote :
Leonis starts to blush a little, "I do have to say - with all honesty, they decided to stop seeing me. The third one was her husbands fault, and as for the second - I don't even know who..." Leonis stops in midsentence realizing that he is digging himself into a hole. "Let us enjoy the rest of the night for what it is, we have days more to spend together and feel each other out. My focus, for you, would be quite accurate."

Quintessa simply nods her head and says, "Of course," but there's a thoughtful glint to her eyes. While he can't really gauge what she is thinking, Leonis is fairly certain that she's reading him quite well.

OOC: In short, thanks to the time they've spent together, Leonis is pretty certain that (though obviously not thinking of it in the mechanical terms) that her Bluff and Sense Motive are a lot higher than his.

Quote :
Leonis starts to disrobe, placing his belongings in his bag, but keeping it close by - as well as a quick escape spell. He casts a resistance spell.

There is utter silence from the bathroom, but after a few minutes the door opens to reveal Quintessa, though she looks very different from the figure who was at the dinner table. Her hair hangs loose, as Leonis had seen, artfully placed to half-hide her face. The clothing which she wore has been replaced by a collection of translucent veils that hang loosely from her shoulders and her hips, though there's no sign of what's keeping them up. Four dancing lights move slowly around her body in a complicated pattern, combining with the veils to create an interplay of shadow and light which simultaneously conceals and displays her body. Now that she is utterly naked except for the veils and the ever-shifting shadows that play across her form, Leonis can see that her body is more toned and athletic than he would have thought.

Quintessa stands there silently for a long moment, letting Leonis get a good view of her. Then she walks forward, turning in a slow twirl. While she's doing so, a handy haversack (instead of the handbag which she was carrying earlier) floats out of the bathroom behind her and lands softly on the table in the room.

"So," Quintessa finally says, her voice throaty and low, "are you open for further ... negotiation?"

Quote :
OOC: I don't have the spells on me, but some verbal and non-verbal spells. Maybe a resiliant sphere to encase myself, followed by a teleport, or ddoor. The idea is to have my bag within arms reach, and then escape with haste.

Sounds good.

Quote :
BTW - I think Shil just proved that he won, once again. It's horrible that we are so paranoid we can't walk to get a newspaper without freaking out, or having close and personal encounters without readying escape procedures.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

You impugn me, sir.

After all, absolutely nothing untoward has happened to Leonis.

Yet.

That he knows of.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: During the Springlight Festival   During the Springlight Festival Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 7:45 am

Admin wrote:
"I appreciate the offer, but I doubt it'll be necessary. If I want to get to Khatovar permanently I believe I can arrange for it. And I can certainly arrange to come and see Khatovar, perhaps as part of a diplomatic mission. I'd been considering something of the kind, actually, so now there's even more reason for it."

"I meant as a visit, not a runaway. I am sure if you decided to leave you could very easily do so"

Admin wrote:
"So," Quintessa finally says, her voice throaty and low, "are you open for further ... negotiation?"

When Leonis see's Quintessa come out his jaw drops and eyes go wide. Leonis has been used to sleeping with many types of women, but all of a relatively "mundane" nature. None of them have ever combined magic with their beauty. "Negot...nego...neg....sure" Leonis awaits for the show to continue.

OOC: I'm assuming at this point you say Leonis has the best night ever, or he is now totally screwed (not in the way he was hoping for)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: During the Springlight Festival   During the Springlight Festival Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 8:57 am

Leonis wrote:
When Leonis see's Quintessa come out his jaw drops and eyes go wide. Leonis has been used to sleeping with many types of women, but all of a relatively "mundane" nature. None of them have ever combined magic with their beauty. "Negot...nego...neg....sure" Leonis awaits for the show to continue.

Quintessa smiles, evidently enjoying the response from Leonis, and walks gracefully around the room to the continual flame lamp, which she replaces the cover over but slightly askew, so that there's some illumination in the room besides the dancing lights but not enough to prevent them being the brightest things around. Which also has the added effect of making her the primary source of illumination in the chamber.

Quintessa then walks over to Leonis and makes a small gesture, causing the lights to move further apart and begin to orbit both of them. She then leans over to first nibble his ear, before sliding onto the bed and beginning to kiss and caress him. If he responds, Leonis discovers that the gently fluttering veils around her are actually intangible. In fact, his hands go right through them to the warm flesh beneath. It takes a moment to realize that they're actually illusory, a fact confirmed when she looks up, grins and speaks a word of dismissal, causing the veils to disappear. "Didn't anybody ever teach you everything you can do with a disguise self?"

Not awaiting an answer to the rhetorical question, Quintessa returns to what she was doing. She's clearly very skilled in sexual matters and also very perceptive, since she quickly appears to work out precisely what combination of touch, pressure and sound works well on her partner. After a good ten minutes of foreplay, she pauses to look at Leonis and then whispers, "Wait ...." With a parting squeeze and one last, lingering lick, Quintessa gracefully slides off the bed and walks over to the table. The dancing lights have faded away, leaving only the faint light from the mostly-covered continual flame lamp to provide illumination, but Leonis' low-light vision makes seeing her much easier.

Quintessa picks up her magical haversack, chuckling softly to herself, and brings it over to the bed, where she drops it. Then she reaches in and pulls out two handfuls of items, which she proceeds to lay on the bed. Among them Leonis can see a selection of silk veils, a blindfold, a small and elegant-looking whip. Quintessa grins as she sees Leonis watching her and then leans over him to nuzzle his ear. "I think it's time to find out exactly how adventurous you are, Leonis," she whispers huskily. "Turn over."

Quote :
OOC: I'm assuming at this point you say Leonis has the best night ever, or he is now totally screwed (not in the way he was hoping for)

OOC: Not quite done yet, as you can see above. There's a lot of ... potential to explore, which may have ramifications for Leonis' (and maybe the others') immediate and long-term future.

Now we see exactly how paranoid PC and player are Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: During the Springlight Festival   During the Springlight Festival Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 9:27 am

Admin wrote:
Quintessa picks up her magical haversack, chuckling softly to herself, and brings it over to the bed, where she drops it. Then she reaches in and pulls out two handfuls of items, which she proceeds to lay on the bed. Among them Leonis can see a selection of silk veils, a blindfold, a small and elegant-looking whip. Quintessa grins as she sees Leonis watching her and then leans over him to nuzzle his ear. "I think it's time to find out exactly how adventurous you are, Leonis," she whispers huskily. "Turn over."
OOC: Not quite done yet, as you can see above. There's a lot of ... potential to explore, which may have ramifications for Leonis' (and maybe the others') immediate and long-term future.

Now we see exactly how paranoid PC and player are Twisted Evil

Leonis thoroughly enjoys what Quintessa is doing, loving the personal performance and excited that this may be the best night of his life ever, "You know Quintessa, I never thought of using magic in this route." Due to his vast intelligence Leonis is able to compartmentalize his thoughts and think of multiple and separate topics at the same time. He utilizes a portion of his mind to figure out ways to use his spells for, more pleasurable pursuits, including the option to design new spells.

When Quintessa tells Leonis to flip over, after she pulls out some items, a look of worry comes over his face, and he hesitates. "I am not sure about this, I don't know if I am ready to show you my back." Leonis shows an honest look of concern, and a touch of shame "It's been... marked", Leonis had been oppressed for the vast majority of his life, longer then most humans live. As part of his lot in life Leonis' back has been deeply scarred in ways that would make some of the most seasoned warriors balk. For all of the times Leonis has been with other women he has been careful to use spells, or trickery of light, to conceal his back - probably one of the few secrets and sources of shame for Leonis.

OOC1: I like the slaver route a bit better. it could have been a small rogue slaver community, or raised . While not allowed in most areas, there are always pocket communities. Maybe the family was the victim of Aundarin troops, and he was found and not so kindly raised by a pocket slave community? Though the Drooam route would work.

OOC2: PC = paranoid, being overridden by hormones. Player = paranoid, being overridden by curiousity. Though if something gets inserted there will be a Flamestrike coming down on Quintessa...nevermind that Leonis can't cast it, he will find a way! Oh, and Leonis already tattooed his butt with his arcane marks - so that's spot has been taken santa
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: During the Springlight Festival   During the Springlight Festival Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 11:47 am

Leonis wrote:
Leonis thoroughly enjoys what Quintessa is doing, loving the personal performance and excited that this may be the best night of his life ever, "You know Quintessa, I never thought of using magic in this route." Due to his vast intelligence Leonis is able to compartmentalize his thoughts and think of multiple and separate topics at the same time. He utilizes a portion of his mind to figure out ways to use his spells for, more pleasurable pursuits, including the option to design new spells.

"Really?" Quintessa sounds simultaneously amused and surprised. "I'd have thought someone with your abilities--and reputation--would be a master of such things. Even something as basic as an unseen servant can be so useful. It's only good for basic things, but it can hand you or move things, use a dildo, pull on ...." She chuckles and stops. "I'll give you the disquisition another time. Or maybe just a demonstration."

Quote :
When Quintessa tells Leonis to flip over, after she pulls out some items, a look of worry comes over his face, and he hesitates. "I am not sure about this, I don't know if I am ready to show you my back." Leonis shows an honest look of concern, and a touch of shame "It's been... marked", Leonis had been oppressed for the vast majority of his life, longer then most humans live. As part of his lot in life Leonis' back has been deeply scarred in ways that would make some of the most seasoned warriors balk. For all of the times Leonis has been with other women he has been careful to use spells, or trickery of light, to conceal his back - probably one of the few secrets and sources of shame for Leonis.

"Oh?" Quintessa hesitates and then places a hand on Leonis' shoulder, gently stroking it in a manner that is more sympathetic than sexual. "Honestly, it wouldn't bother me in the least. Your past is part of who you are, after all."

She looks down at her other hand, which is playing with one of the veils she had taken out, and then back at Leonis. "See," she says, her voice turning more persuasive and sultry, "If you want me to trust you, then presumably you have to trust me too. Especially if we are to share," she glances around the room and then down at first his body and then her own, "this. And, as we discussed earlier, I do like my adventure and fun - and the more adventurous the better." She twirls the scarf meaningfully for a moment and then says, sounding slightly disappointed, "Of course, if that's too much for you, we could always keep this a purely business arrangement."

Quote :
OOC1: I like the slaver route a bit better. it could have been a small rogue slaver community, or raised . While not allowed in most areas, there are always pocket communities. Maybe the family was the victim of Aundarin troops, and he was found and not so kindly raised by a pocket slave community? Though the Drooam route would work.

Okay, let me think about it. If we went with him being kept for a long period by slavers it would probably have to be Droaam, whereas if he was with them for a short time it could be something like the Eldeen Reaches.

Quote :
OOC2: PC = paranoid, being overridden by hormones. Player = paranoid, being overridden by curiousity. Though if something gets inserted there will be a Flamestrike coming down on Quintessa...nevermind that Leonis can't cast it, he will find a way! Oh, and Leonis already tattooed his butt with his arcane marks - so that's spot has been taken santa

Poor Leonis - someone should have told him that sex often involves things being inserted into other things. I guess this explains why the women only have sex with him the one time. He doesn't actually know what he's doing (which, considering he's an adolescent with raging hormones, is presumably true) Razz
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: During the Springlight Festival   During the Springlight Festival Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 12:18 pm

Admin wrote:

"Really?" Quintessa sounds simultaneously amused and surprised. "I'd have thought someone with your abilities--and reputation--would be a master of such things. Even something as basic as an unseen servant can be so useful. It's only good for basic things, but it can hand you or move things, use a dildo, pull on ...." She chuckles and stops. "I'll give you the disquisition another time. Or maybe just a demonstration."

"The women I have been with were always, satisfied without magic. Though I would prefer no penetration on my...end, if at all possible"

Admin wrote:
She looks down at her other hand, which is playing with one of the veils she had taken out, and then back at Leonis. "See," she says, her voice turning more persuasive and sultry, "If you want me to trust you, then presumably you have to trust me too. Especially if we are to share," she glances around the room and then down at first his body and then her own, "this. And, as we discussed earlier, I do like my adventure and fun - and the more adventurous the better." She twirls the scarf meaningfully for a moment and then says, sounding slightly disappointed, "Of course, if that's too much for you, we could always keep this a purely business arrangement."

Being soothed by her words, "Ok, let us continue, but the scars...you're the only one who knows, so please let us keep it this way"

Admin wrote:
Poor Leonis - someone should have told him that sex often involves things being inserted into other things. I guess this explains why the women only have sex with him the one time. He doesn't actually know what he's doing (which, considering he's an adolescent with raging hormones, is presumably true) Razz

I'm still waiting to find out what all the rolls were for. Due to the nature of spells if someone was casting stuff on me I would have realized it, so I assume it is stuff like "performance" rolls, or perception, etc. Also, it's not about the PC not trusting the NPCs (they have a certain amount of paranoia about such things), it's about the player not trusting the DM Wink I'm quite OK with Leonis still being a student Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: During the Springlight Festival   During the Springlight Festival Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

During the Springlight Festival
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next