Shil's Eberron Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shil's Eberron Game

Private board for a 3.5e D&D Eberron game

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kingdom issues (After the bralani)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Leonis

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2006-09-11

Kingdom issues (After the bralani) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (After the bralani)   Kingdom issues (After the bralani) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 3:43 pm

On a side note leonis memorizes bulls strength and alter self and goes to the bar
Back to top Go down
Rowan

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2006-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (After the bralani)   Kingdom issues (After the bralani) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 3:48 pm

Leonis wrote:
stupider??
Leonis asks "why upset about the visit?"
If asked when they first get news, Rowan will just look at Leonis, shake her head lightly, and not answer. "It's a long story."

If asked while she's drunk, or recovering from her hangover, she'd be somewhat more likely to answer, but even then she'd probably just glare bleary-eyed.

Actually, it would make the most narrative sense for her to tell her familiar privately the next morning, as I'm sure he would want to know why she's upset and acting so strangely, and have Leonis overhear it. Leonis seems like the snooping type, especially with something this potentially juicy.

The next morning, Rowan quietly sneaks out of the bedroom of the man she slept with, leaving him still sleeping, and walks back to her chambers in he estate. Leonis, who doesn't sleep exactly, probably would have noticed her. She seems to be quietly having a conversation with her familiar.

"He's my father, 'Rix," Rowan quietly says as she walks down the seemingly deserted corridor. She squints against the light and puts her hand on her pounding forehead. "In human society, there are stupid rules about who counts as someone's 'real' children. Daro slept with my mother - mated her, that is. But because she wasn't his wife, and was only a peasant girl, an apprentice witch, my brother and I didn't "count" as his children. He knew we were, and all the other servants at the ir'Torn manor suspected it, but whenever we saw him he never treated us as anything other than two random servant children, the adopted kids of Selini ir’Torn's groom. We were... an embarrassment." She sighs, goes into her rooms with her familiar, and locks the door behind her.
Back to top Go down
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (After the bralani)   Kingdom issues (After the bralani) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 3:49 pm

Leonis wrote:
On a side note leonis memorizes bulls strength and alter self and goes to the bar
Oh dear god no...

Make a Bluff check Very Happy

You realize that Alter Self only lasts 7 minutes, right?
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (After the bralani)   Kingdom issues (After the bralani) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 4:02 pm

Good idea on the eaves dropping I will do it.

As for spells, I don't have it in front of me but we can figure some spell Smile
Bluff is currently+8

Edit: rowan wakes up the next morning next to a smiling Leonis.
natural 20 the gods willed it...that or 13 year old raging horomones win. You better role well mike lol

Last edited by Leonis on Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (After the bralani)   Kingdom issues (After the bralani) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 4:02 pm

The member 'Leonis' has done the following action : Dice roller

'd20' : 20
Back to top Go down
https://eberrongame.forumotion.com
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (After the bralani)   Kingdom issues (After the bralani) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 4:37 pm

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND ALL THAT IS HOLY, NO WAMMIES!!!

Shit.

Last edited by Rowan on Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (After the bralani)   Kingdom issues (After the bralani) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 4:37 pm

The member 'Rowan' has done the following action : Dice roller

'd20' : 5
Back to top Go down
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (After the bralani)   Kingdom issues (After the bralani) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 4:55 pm

When Rowan wakes up the next morning hung over, she briefly cuddles into Leonis' side. But when she opens her eyes and sees who she's in bed with, a look of confusion and horror crosses her face and she shrieks in surprise. She leaps out of bed, starts casting a spell, enraged, gets ahold of herself half way through and stops the spell, tries to say something but can't find the words, grabs her clothes, and storms out of the room, pulling on her clothes as she storms away.

If it matters, the spell she almost cast was fireball. Very Happy

Down the hall, you head the sound of a decorative vase being smashed, and from slightly farther away you hear a grunt and then the shouted words to a spell, and the sound of catastrophic flame and shattering stone as she incinerates a marble statue with Combust. (She tried to push the statue over first, like she did with the vase, but she wasn't strong enough.)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (After the bralani)   Kingdom issues (After the bralani) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 4:57 pm

Leonis wrote:

Rowan wrote:
Oh dear god no...

Leonis wrote:
Edit: rowan wakes up the next morning next to a smiling Leonis.
natural 20 the gods willed it...that or 13 year old raging horomones win. You better role well mike lol

OOC: Luckily, there is one god above all gods in Eberron, and that is the Shil (You shall have no gods before your Shil, blah, blah...), so I get to step in here. On a mechanical level, Leonis really doesn't have any spells which would let him disguise himself long enough to pull it off, and Rowan and he know each other too well for her not to eventually realize it even if he did (he isn't great at Disguise either).

More importantly, using trickery and magical (or mundane) disguise to have sex with someone is rape. And Leonis is too nice to try something like that. Right? Right. So let's focus on the fun roleplaying instead.

Rowan wrote:
If asked when they first get news, Rowan will just look at Leonis, shake her head lightly, and not answer. "It's a long story."

If asked while she's drunk, or recovering from her hangover, she'd be somewhat more likely to answer, but even then she'd probably just glare bleary-eyed.

Actually, it would make the most narrative sense for her to tell her familiar privately the next morning, as I'm sure he would want to know why she's upset and acting so strangely, and have Leonis overhear it. Leonis seems like the snooping type, especially with something this potentially juicy.

That does make the most sense. Let's presume that happened.

Quote :
Rowan doesn't look very pleased with this news. That evening, after finishing all her duties for the day, Rowan goes to the tavern, gets stinking drunk, and probably does something foolish with one of the more handsome single men there. Maybe a farm hand. The stronger and stupider the better.

The next morning, Rowan quietly sneaks out of the bedroom of the man she slept with, leaving him still sleeping, and walks back to her chambers in he estate. Leonis, who doesn't sleep exactly, probably would have noticed her. She seems to be quietly having a conversation with her familiar.

"He's my father, 'Rix," Rowan quietly says as she walks down the seemingly deserted corridor. She squints against the light and puts her hand on her pounding forehead. "In human society, there are stupid rules about who counts as someone's 'real' children. Daro slept with my mother - mated her, that is. But because she wasn't his wife, and was only a peasant girl, an apprentice witch, my brother and I didn't "count" as his children. He knew we were, and all the other servants at the ir'Torn manor suspected it, but whenever we saw him he never treated us as anything other than two random servant children, the adopted kids of Selini ir’Torn's groom. We were... an embarrassment." She sighs, goes into her rooms with her familiar, and locks the door behind her.

Nice reaction, BTW.

Quote :
When Rowan wakes up the next morning hung over, she briefly cuddles into Leonis' side. But when she opens her eyes and sees who she's in bed with, a look of confusion and horror crosses her face and she shrieks in surprise. She leaps out of bed, starts casting a spell, enraged, gets ahold of herself half way through and stops the spell, tries to say something but can't find the words, grabs her clothes, and storms out of the room, pulling on her clothes as she storms away.

If it matters, the spell she almost cast was fireball. Very Happy

Down the hall, you head the sound of a decorative vase being smashed, and from slightly farther away you hear a grunt and then the shouted words to a spell, and the sound of catastrophic flame and shattering stone as she incinerates a marble statue with Combust. (She tried to push the statue over first, like she did with the vase, but she wasn't strong enough.)

Don't worry. That was just a bad dream caused by too much alcohol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (After the bralani)   Kingdom issues (After the bralani) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 5:00 pm

Rowan wrote:
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND ALL THAT IS HOLY, NO WAMMIES!!!

Shit.

Nothing holy about this.

Leonis flutters his eyes "I'll have two eggs and bacon honey" rendeer "The pregnancy and std test are on the night stand"
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (After the bralani)   Kingdom issues (After the bralani) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 5:12 pm

Shil = kill joy, but fine.

On a side note trickery is not rape...people do it all the time. Now casting charm, dominate, or using drugs well that would be rape.

Btw I am keeping that 20 for my next roll Smile
Back to top Go down
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (After the bralani)   Kingdom issues (After the bralani) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 5:26 pm

Admin wrote:
OOC: Luckily, there is one god above all gods in Eberron, and that is the Shil (You shall have no gods before your Shil, blah, blah...), so I get to step in here. On a mechanical level, Leonis really doesn't have any spells which would let him disguise himself long enough to pull it off, and Rowan and he know each other too well for her not to eventually realize it even if he did (he isn't great at Disguise either).

More importantly, using trickery and magical (or mundane) disguise to have sex with someone is rape. And Leonis is too nice to try something like that. Right? Right. So let's focus on the fun roleplaying instead.
It does sound like something that an idiotic 13 year old with magic powers would try without considering the moral implications. But for the sake of keeping harmony between the PCs, let's say that it didn't happen. If this happened, and Leonis also eavesdropped upon her talking about her father, that would probably make her homicidal. Mad

So, lets say that Rowan falls for Leonis' trick at first, but she slowly realizes who this handsome newcomer is on a semi-conscious level, and when Leonis does something that gives himself away, or the spell starts to fade, she slaps him. Then she turns to a big rugged farm hand, grabs him by the shirt and kisses him intensely. A few minutes later, she leads him out of the tavern back to his bedroom.

Quote :
Nice reaction, BTW.
Thanks.

Quote :
Don't worry. That was just a bad dream caused by too much alcohol Very Happy
Okay. Lets just say that when she wakes up, something similar but less extreme happens. She wakes up hung over, cuddles into the man, then with a start realizes where she is an what she's doing, and remembers with horror the spectacle she made of herself the previous night. (It probably wasn't that much of a spectacle, objectively speaking, but Rowan holds herself to high standards.)

"Well at least it wasn't Leonis!" she thinks to herself, as an image of how she would have reacted flashes through her mind.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (After the bralani)   Kingdom issues (After the bralani) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 5:30 pm

Leonis wrote:
Shil = kill joy, but fine.

On a side note trickery is not rape...people do it all the time. Now casting charm, dominate, or using drugs well that would be rape.

Actually, in a number of places (in the real world), having sex with someone under false pretenses is legally sexual assault.

As far as the game is concerned, just in case this comes up again, under the Galifar Code (which is the legal code followed in most of Khorvaire) use of magical trickery to obtain sex is rape. That includes charm, dominate, illusions/polymorphing, etc. Changelings particularly have to be careful in this regard.

Rowan wrote:
Okay. Lets just say that when she wakes up, something similar but less extreme happens. She wakes up hung over, cuddles into the man, then with a start realizes where she is an what she's doing, and remembers with horror the spectacle she made of herself the previous night. (It probably wasn't that much of a spectacle, objectively speaking, but Rowan holds herself to high standards.)

"Well at least it wasn't Leonis!" she thinks to herself, as an image of how she would have reacted flashes through her mind.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (After the bralani)   Kingdom issues (After the bralani) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 6:49 pm

To get us back on track...

Rowan wrote:

Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (After the bralani)   Kingdom issues (After the bralani) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 7:14 pm

Leonis quietly listens to Rowan speak, not interrupting in this interesting moment. Given that Leonis never had a family, unless slavers would be considered family, Leonis is interested in learning the dynamics of such relationships.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (After the bralani)   Kingdom issues (After the bralani) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 8:13 pm

OOC: More posts to come in a bit.

BTW, are any of you not getting notifications of new posts from the forum? I suddenly stopped getting them.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (After the bralani)   Kingdom issues (After the bralani) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 8:45 pm

I believe if you do not click on the last link you get from a post notification then you will not get future ones.

I got a notification to come here. You may want to send this e-mail out using your e-mail provider since someone who didn't get the last notice won't know to come here.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (After the bralani)   Kingdom issues (After the bralani) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 9:50 am

Continuing with the negotiations with varnhold's representatives:

Admin wrote:
Helas "As I think you'll find out, I'm not very good at being a ... diplomat."

Leonis wrote:
Leonis smiles, "That is not a big worry Helas. As you will find out we typically respond to comments such as 'Hey you, get me that thing that I already asked for', and that's when someone asking me to get something" Leonis gives a wink. "We want our citizens to be happy, and prosperous and believe that attitude and actions speak louder then pomp and stance."

Helas grins back and says, "I like your way of thinking. You about summed up Magra's and our attitude to our people. I see we haven't had quite the influx of people that you have, mainly because you established yourself and seem to have developed a working capital faster than we have, but we have a lot of citizens dependent on us, so we take it seriously."

Quote :
Leonis nods his head towards them, "It is a pleasure to meet you both." Turning to Youma, "I am also fairly new to diplomatic relations, so if you have suggestions, please feel free to speak up." Looking back at Helas, "I see you also carry a weapon and armor, are you an accomplished warrior?"

Riaan simply bows his head for a moment and says nothing, but Youma smiles back and replies, "Of course. Thank you."

Helas chuckles at the question. "I'd say accomplished enough, but Youma would say I have a fat head. I fought in the Last War and again during the War of the Angels--all of us in the Varnling Host did, in fact--so I've seen a fair bit of action. And had a bit to do when we crossed the border into the Stolen Lands too. So, from all I've heard, have all of you. I heard stories about you wiping out a bandit lord and his army, and then fighting hordes of trolls, and, if you can believe it, dinosaur-riding fey." She grins and then asks, clearly curious. "The last one's an exaggeration or just made up, right?"

Admin wrote:
Leonis reviews the scroll, "I think this would be a great and help foster an open, honest, and fair relationship between our to kingdoms. We will write a response letter to Magra Varn. We should also take into consideration extradition laws, and treaties to ensure criminals from one kingdom does not try and flee into another kingdom to escape justice. We believe in being fair, finding evidence, and depending on the situation either providing an appropriate sentence. Do you think your liege would find this acceptable as well?"

OOC: I am not sure if Kingdom is proper...if it's not just replace it with whatever we call our area.

OOC: Kingdom is fine.

IC: Helas nods. "Certainly. Handling the border properly is something that Magra's very focused on. Perhaps someday we can arrange to have Deneith Sentinel Marshals in both our territories to handle crossing the border to capture criminals when needed, but until then, an agreement would be a good idea."

Helas spends some time working out some details for trade agreements, including things like merchants carrying documents from each nation getting certain benefits when buying/selling in the other. Regarding Leonis' interest in border issues, she also discusses the possibilities of border patrols on either side (so that both kingdoms know precisely where the border is and have no issues with it). She also raises the question of military aid as well, asking whether the rulers of Khatovar want to sign an accord saying that Varnhold and Khatovar will help their neighbor in battle (only if and when requested, of course).

Riaan remains generally silent during the negotiations, fulfilling his function as a scribe and taking notes. Youma generally doesn't say much either, but she takes a key role, adding and suggesting things as needed. Clearly she's much more used to this kind of thing than Helas - and a little more focused on the work than her too, since Helas is generally affable and interested in discussing other things as well.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (After the bralani)   Kingdom issues (After the bralani) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:11 am

And the non-ambassadorial stuff...

Starting with one thing I forgot to add more on, namely Rowan's dinner with Lily Tesker:

Rowan has a pleasant meal with her, during which Lily flirts a bit but also has a lot to ask about the functioning of Khatovar and the leaders' (esp. Rowan's) future plans. Short of blatantly saying it, she communicates that she's very interested in a position within the government of Khatovar. It's fairly clear to Rowan that she is a bit mercenary and a social climber, but she also seems quite smart and evidently has some ability, since she's single-handedly running a large farm after her husband's death. What's Rowan's response?

Leonis wrote:
Smiling brightly, "Good, then it is settled. We will provide for your living expenses, training and stipen, and you will work in the tower assisting in what needs to be completed. Your skills as a mage will make you quite valuable and your time spent working here will be better spent then working at a tavern which will stifle your training and make you less valuable to us. As for age, do not worry about it; from my perspective everyone is old, and well young too." Leonis grins at the thought of his age in both the physical years he has been alive and the slowness of which people of elven heritage mature.

Iveni laughs a little at the joke, before saying, "Thank you. That's absolutely perfect!"

Elga says that she will now take Iveni and show her where she can stay, and also make arrangements for the others as well, since they will all be working at the newly constructed mage tower. After showing them all out the door, she shuts it for a moment and glances at Leonis approvingly. "For a moment there I thought you'd go with one of the," she chuckles harshly, "Prettier ones. But I think Iveni's the right choice. Good pick."

Then she leaves to go about her duties.

OOC: Does Leonis want Iveni staying at the mage tower? Or at the Citadel (i.e. the PCs' castle) or villa, which are the two places where the PCs normally live?

Rowan wrote:

OOC: Is Rowan going to be telling the other PCs about it too?

IC: Once inside the room, Vulpingetorix says, grumbling a little, "I wish you hadn't left me in the room all night. Obviously I'm smart enough to work that thing," he nods at the door and then lifts a paw, "But I've got no prehensile toes. It's tough! And I'll be damned if I whine and scratch till one of the servants let me out. That's just embarrassing!" The fox pauses, looks around for a moment and then continues, sounding slightly embarrassed and simultaneously aggrieved, "Oh, and I had to ... you know ... in the flower pot over there. You might want to get someone to clean it."

Vulpingetorix emits a vulpine coughs and clears his throat, before quickly changing the subject, "Anyway, this Darro guy who's your ... er, father? You don't like him, right? I mean, I'm still a little confused about the whole thing," he says, before adding loyally, "But I'm sure you have a good reason. He, er, didn't ... give you a spot in the family burrow?"

Leonis wrote:
Leonis quietly listens to Rowan speak, not interrupting in this interesting moment. Given that Leonis never had a family, unless slavers would be considered family, Leonis is interested in learning the dynamics of such relationships.

OOC: Is Leonis telling the other PCs about Rowan's connection with Darro? Or anything else on the subject?
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (After the bralani)   Kingdom issues (After the bralani) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:40 am

Admin wrote:
Helas chuckles at the question. "I'd say accomplished enough, but Youma would say I have a fat head. I fought in the Last War and again during the War of the Angels--all of us in the Varnling Host did, in fact--so I've seen a fair bit of action. And had a bit to do when we crossed the border into the Stolen Lands too. So, from all I've heard, have all of you. I heard stories about you wiping out a bandit lord and his army, and then fighting hordes of trolls, and, if you can believe it, dinosaur-riding fey." She grins and then asks, clearly curious. "The last one's an exaggeration or just made up, right?"

Without thinking of the messages it would send, "I did not participate in either of those wars. I was but a mere child, and depending on when, I was either a slave, a street urchin, or a felon. All of the stories, including the fey & the dinosaur are true." Leonis beams brightly and recants some of the story with the Bralani, focusing on the fight but not the post fight events.

Admin wrote:
IC: Helas nods. "Certainly. Handling the border properly is something that Magra's very focused on. Perhaps someday we can arrange to have Deneith Sentinel Marshals in both our territories to handle crossing the border to capture criminals when needed, but until then, an agreement would be a good idea."
"I am sure we will one day be able to afford that, but not today. Besides, Grabthar prefers to do that kind of work himself. With Deneith gaurds he would get bored" Leonis listens about the border patrols and military agreement, "I think having coordination between border patrols would be great. We can either help retrieve the felons, or allow a contigent to cross. This would all depend on current situations and resources. With regards to a mutual defensee pact, I would be up for that, but we may need to wait for a bit...our army is not so grand at this point. We are shoring up our defenses in these months, ever since the attack from the fey and the dinosaur. But I like the idea of a defense pact.."

Last edited by Leonis on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (After the bralani)   Kingdom issues (After the bralani) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:59 am

Admin wrote:
It's fairly clear to Rowan that she is a bit mercenary and a social climber, but she also seems quite smart and evidently has some ability, since she's single-handedly running a large farm after her husband's death. What's Rowan's response?
ooc: this is how corruption starts.

Admin wrote:
"For a moment there I thought you'd go with one of the," she chuckles harshly, "Prettier ones. But I think Iveni's the right choice. Good pick."

Grinning, "Why Elga, I am hurt. When it comes to such matters I always strive for the best decision for out community. Now that doesn't mean I won't bed the half-elf, I mean come on look at her rack" Leonis stops as he gets smacked on the head "ouch!" Rubbing his head, "I think it would be appropriate to put the students in a barracks type housing, and create two seperate rooms in there for two apprentices, one for me and one for you? I think we want to make sure all students get to know each other and learn to be a team. Once they graduate to a certain rank they can attain their own housing. In the future we should require tuition but for now we can offer no charge but the student must agree for terms of service post graduation." If Elga agrees Leonis suggests they save some money to build a barracks housing attached to the tower. "In the mean time Iveni can stay here and we can ask some of the town if they wouldn't mind providing room and board, which the students can pay for. How does that sound to you? Oh and the half elf can stay with me if she wants"

Admin wrote:

OOC: Is Leonis telling the other PCs about Rowan's connection with Darro? Or anything else on the subject?

Nope, for now he stays quiet. Rowan is a good diplomat and will know what she should do
Back to top Go down
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (After the bralani)   Kingdom issues (After the bralani) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 12:47 pm

Admin wrote:

Admin wrote:
Helas "As I think you'll find out, I'm not very good at being a ... diplomat."

Leonis wrote:
Leonis smiles, "That is not a big worry Helas. As you will find out we typically respond to comments such as 'Hey you, get me that thing that I already asked for', and that's when someone asking me to get something" Leonis gives a wink. "We want our citizens to be happy, and prosperous and believe that attitude and actions speak louder then pomp and stance."

Helas grins back and says, "I like your way of thinking. You about summed up Magra's and our attitude to our people. I see we haven't had quite the influx of people that you have, mainly because you established yourself and seem to have developed a working capital faster than we have, but we have a lot of citizens dependent on us, so we take it seriously."
Rowan smiles warmly at Helas' first comment. After her and Leonis' words, Rowan adds, "I'm glad to hear your concern for your citizens. We take duty and responsibility seriously here. We're had some troubles here, growing pains, from raiders to outside demagogues trying to stir up trouble, but we've always sought to resolve the problems fairly.

OOC: Was Varnhold the kingdom that sent Grigori? If so, she'll say the demagogue comment above with a slight pause and a subtle smile.

Quote :
"I too fought in the Wars. Were you at the battle of Daskara's Gate?" Rowan adds, referring to a massive battle against Thrane shortly before the end of the Last War.

Admin wrote:
Rowan nods.

Admin wrote:
She also raises the question of military aid as well, asking whether the rulers of Khatovar want to sign an accord saying that Varnhold and Khatovar will help their neighbor in battle (only if and when requested, of course).
"A pact of mutual defense does sound like a good idea, considering our fledgling status." Rowan says, with a subtle emphasis on the word 'defense.' Rowan is very wary about signing a general treaty of military aid, she'll explain later to the PCs and counselors in private. "We don't know these people, or what they're like, or how they rule their kingdom. We don't want to get involved in their politics if they start antagonizing their neighbors or start wars of aggression."
Back to top Go down
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (After the bralani)   Kingdom issues (After the bralani) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 1:54 pm

Admin wrote:
And the non-ambassadorial stuff...

Starting with one thing I forgot to add more on, namely Rowan's dinner with Lily Tesker:

Rowan has a pleasant meal with her, during which Lily flirts a bit but also has a lot to ask about the functioning of Khatovar and the leaders' (esp. Rowan's) future plans. Short of blatantly saying it, she communicates that she's very interested in a position within the government of Khatovar. It's fairly clear to Rowan that she is a bit mercenary and a social climber, but she also seems quite smart and evidently has some ability, since she's single-handedly running a large farm after her husband's death. What's Rowan's response?
Rowan is very noncommittal. Without blatantly saying it, she lets Lily know that these decisions are made jointly by the rulers, with the advise of their council, not by her. She also insinuates that the government of Khatovar prefers direct and open discussion, not backroom deals. Rowan doesn't say these things critically, and flirts back appropriately, but isn't giving anything away either.

Secretly, Rowan feels a bit used, though she's good enough of a diplomat to hide it and keep good relations with Lily Tesker. She was hoping for a enjoyable private dinner, maybe more if it went well, not yet more damn politics.

After dinner, Rowan will go over to the mage's tower, to see how things are going with Leonis' new students. She'll flirt with the two sorcerers too. Does the half-elf seem... interested?

Rowan wrote:
OOC: Is Rowan going to be telling the other PCs about it too?

IC: Once inside the room, Vulpingetorix says, grumbling a little, "I wish you hadn't left me in the room all night. Obviously I'm smart enough to work that thing," he nods at the door and then lifts a paw, "But I've got no prehensile toes. It's tough! And I'll be damned if I whine and scratch till one of the servants let me out. That's just embarrassing!" The fox pauses, looks around for a moment and then continues, sounding slightly embarrassed and simultaneously aggrieved, "Oh, and I had to ... you know ... in the flower pot over there. You might want to get someone to clean it."
"Oh, I'm sorry about that," Rowan says, "I'm not used to having a fox around. Maybe I can install a little burrow door for you into my apartments, so you can come and go freely."

OOC: Would it possible to create something like a cat flap for the fox? Something that he could get through, but that a halfling or gnome couldn't. Rowan would prefer it to be an actual tunnel, so he can feel that her apartments are his burrow. Are there any magical ways to ward it against every creature but him? Maybe an Arcane Lock spell. It's a touch spell, so Vulpingetorix could deliver the spell and then be able to bypass it freely. If that would work, Rowan will buy a scroll of it. To make it surreptitious, the door could be disguised as one of the tiles in the hallway floor. The arcane lock holds it in place strongly, so it actually supports weight like a tile when stepped upon by others. But Vulpingetorix can open and close it freely, opening it with his nose and closing it behind him with his tail, to enter Rowan's apartment through a small u-shaped tunnel under her wall.

"I won't embarrass you by calling a servant." Rowan uses prestidigitation, and mage hand if necessary, to clean the flower pot. "I know a spell that can turn you into a human for a few minutes, if you're interested in trying out opposable thumbs."

Quote :
Vulpingetorix emits a vulpine coughs and clears his throat, before quickly changing the subject, "Anyway, this Darro guy who's your ... er, father? You don't like him, right? I mean, I'm still a little confused about the whole thing," he says, before adding loyally, "But I'm sure you have a good reason. He, er, didn't ... give you a spot in the family burrow?"
"Yes, that's a good analogy. And when I tried to enter the family burrow when I was young, he wouldn't let me in. He said that I had no place being there, and to not try again."

"So no, I don't like him. But he's still my father, you know? In some sick way I want him to tell me he approves of me, and say that it was all just a big misunderstanding." Rowan pauses. "It doesn't help that, if the rumors are true, he has a bunch of other bastards scattered across the countryside."

"It's complicated. I hate him, but I also respect him. He's been an asshole to me and my family, but he's also one of the most accomplished wizards in Aundair, and he's a brilliant general."

Leonis wrote:
Could you post Leonis' questionnaire to the dropbox? How much of it is public knowledge?

Rowan will tell the other PCs about Darro ir'Lain, but not immediately. That night she'll get drunk again, but privately, with a couple bottles of wine in her own apartments. The next morning, with a glass or two of the leftover wine to help her hangover (and courage), she'll tell the other PCs everything.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (After the bralani)   Kingdom issues (After the bralani) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 2:02 pm

As soon as I locate the quesrionnaire I will post it. Anyone can feel free to read it. Shil do you have a copy?

Also, if you buy a scroll let Leonis scribe it first. Then he can cast the spell for you, multiple times if desired. Probably some arcane trap spell with your pet, and you being allowed to pass.
Back to top Go down
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (After the bralani)   Kingdom issues (After the bralani) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 2:03 pm

OOC: Out of curiosity, what are the alignments of the other PCs and our main counselors? Everyone seems fairly Neutral, what 4e would call Unaligned, though I'm not sure about leanings towards law and chaos. I would say that Rowan is LN, with good tendencies. She has Good values, but would also be willing to do things that aren't strictly "good" for the greater good. She has mindbending abilities, for instance, and wanted to just summarily execute Grigori, before Grabthar had the idea of making him go back to town to explain everything that he had been doing, before banishing him.

OOC2: Shil, could you post a master list of NPCs somewhere, so I can keep them straight? And post a list of all the buildings we have in Lakeside and Olegton.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (After the bralani)   Kingdom issues (After the bralani) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kingdom issues (After the bralani)
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next