Shil's Eberron Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shil's Eberron Game

Private board for a 3.5e D&D Eberron game

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kingdom issues (preparing for war)

Go down 
+2
Luna
Admin
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2006-09-11

Kingdom issues (preparing for war) Empty
PostSubject: Kingdom issues (preparing for war)   Kingdom issues (preparing for war) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 10:44 pm

Before we get to the kingdom management stuff and working out what you do with raising armies and such, everyone please roll me two d20s to see how you are being affected by the fey power.

Secondly, you need to collectively make a decision now regarding whether you will retain the item empowering from the fey power (in which case you have 7 BP from it that you can spend on your land) or if you will give up the item empowering for the month (in which case you have 21 BP instead of 7 BP). Everyone has to give up the item empowering for the month to get the 21 BP, so if even one of you is greedy decides to keep it, then you only get the 7 BP.

In case it helps with the decision, you have 65 BP to start the month, so the choice you make will mean you end up with 72 or 86.
Back to top Go down
https://eberrongame.forumotion.com
Luna

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2006-09-21

PostSubject: Well... how do we as a group feel    Kingdom issues (preparing for war) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 10:57 pm

Well... how do we as a group feel about holding onto the power with the upcoming war ...??
Back to top Go down
Luna

PostSubject: I don't know what I do wrong with the die roller!   Kingdom issues (preparing for war) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 11:03 pm

I chose the type of dice and the number... and then what?? I've tried 3 times now...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: I don't know what I do wrong with the die roller!   Kingdom issues (preparing for war) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 11:03 pm

The member 'Luna' has done the following action : Dice roller

#1 'd20' : 20

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 15
Back to top Go down
Luna

PostSubject: Oh great... it worked this time   Kingdom issues (preparing for war) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 11:04 pm

3x is a charm... unless I'm supposed to roll low!!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (preparing for war)   Kingdom issues (preparing for war) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 11:11 pm

Luna wrote:
3x is a charm... unless I'm supposed to roll low!!!

Nope. So you're perfectly fine for the moment.
Back to top Go down
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (preparing for war)   Kingdom issues (preparing for war) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 11:18 pm

PHEW!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rowan

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2006-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (preparing for war)   Kingdom issues (preparing for war) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 3:02 am

Here goes nothing...

Edit: Mad Queen Rowan, here we come!

Last edited by Rowan on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (preparing for war)   Kingdom issues (preparing for war) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 3:02 am

The member 'Rowan' has done the following action : Dice roller

'd20' : 9, 7
Back to top Go down
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (preparing for war)   Kingdom issues (preparing for war) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 4:30 am

oOOHH... That doesn't look good!!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (preparing for war)   Kingdom issues (preparing for war) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 10:06 am

Admin wrote:
The member 'Rowan' has done the following action : Dice roller

'd20' : 9, 7

Well, isn't that interesting Twisted Evil! Someone's definitely trying for Mad Queen Rowan!
Back to top Go down
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (preparing for war)   Kingdom issues (preparing for war) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 10:39 am

Is the DC 20 or 21? If it's 20 then Rowan made one of them due to the +1 for hero's feast.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (preparing for war)   Kingdom issues (preparing for war) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 10:51 am

Rowan wrote:
Is the DC 20 or 21? If it's 20 then Rowan made one of them due to the +1 for hero's feast.

The DC is actually a 19, but Rowan also has a -3 to her saves (Kara, Leonis and Kelis have a -2). Does she still make one of them?
Back to top Go down
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (preparing for war)   Kingdom issues (preparing for war) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 1:42 pm

Admin wrote:
Rowan wrote:

The DC is actually a 19, but Rowan also has a -3 to her saves (Kara, Leonis and Kelis have a -2). Does she still make one of them?
Nope. Rowan needs to roll an 11 to succeed. So she has about a 75% chance of failing each roll.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (preparing for war)   Kingdom issues (preparing for war) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 4:12 pm

Rowan wrote:
Nope. Rowan needs to roll an 11 to succeed. So she has about a 75% chance of failing each roll.

Ah, I love how you kick the law of averages in the junk and take its stuff. Or vice versa Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kelis

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2011-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (preparing for war)   Kingdom issues (preparing for war) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 6:29 pm

For Valenar!

(I kinda think Kelis might *want* to fail her saves... and, of course, because I typed that, she doesn't -- yet).

Her advice is to keep the empowered items. "It will help us go insane more slowly. Or, rather, help me."

But she'll consent to whatever the group chooses (for now).

Last edited by Kelis on Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:33 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (preparing for war)   Kingdom issues (preparing for war) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 6:29 pm

The member 'Kelis' has done the following action : Dice roller

'd20' : 15, 18
Back to top Go down
Leonis

Number of posts : 746

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (preparing for war)   Kingdom issues (preparing for war) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 12:06 am

No Wammies!!!!

EDIT: Ugh, I hate this online roller crap. OK, I lightening bolt Rowan while she sleeps. Then quicken fireball her

Last edited by Leonis on Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (preparing for war)   Kingdom issues (preparing for war) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 12:06 am

The member 'Leonis' has done the following action : Dice roller

#1 'd20' : 2

#2 'd20' : 6
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (preparing for war)   Kingdom issues (preparing for war) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 9:17 am

Admin wrote:
The member 'Leonis' has done the following action : Dice roller

#1 'd20' : 2

#2 'd20' : 6

Hah! I need to make you use the online roller more. These are the first saves I recall you missing in ages.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (preparing for war)   Kingdom issues (preparing for war) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 9:53 am

I miss them here and there. I try and avoid getting into situations where I need saves. As the last time shows, when Leonis gets hit, he goes down like a crumpled bag.

Let me know what happens so I can screw with the group
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (preparing for war)   Kingdom issues (preparing for war) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 11:00 am

Leonis wrote:
I miss them here and there. I try and avoid getting into situations where I need saves. As the last time shows, when Leonis gets hit, he goes down like a crumpled bag.

Yeah, but that usually happens from damage, not saves. Leonis has had to make saves at least as regularly as the others not going into melee and I can't recall one he failed in the last half dozen sessions.

Quote :

Will do, once I get the saves from John as well.

So is the consensus that the group is dropping the item enhancement and getting the 21 BP? It sounded like it, but I thought I'd check.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (preparing for war)   Kingdom issues (preparing for war) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 12:02 pm

Admin wrote:
Leonis wrote:

Yeah, but that usually happens from damage, not saves. Leonis has had to make saves at least as regularly as the others not going into melee and I can't recall one he failed in the last half dozen sessions.

Quote :

Will do, once I get the saves from John as well.

So is the consensus that the group is dropping the item enhancement and getting the 21 BP? It sounded like it, but I thought I'd check.

Actually, I said we should only drop the enhancement if that will benefit us (the campaign) more then us keeping the power and using it for combat. I would prefer to keep the power and use it in "war" combat. Much more fun for us to drop into battle and do cool things then one or two rolls which determine the overall battle scenario. Also, us "dropping" the power does not alleviate us of the saving throws. So if we gotta go crazy, we might as well enjoy it.

In essence PCs fighting = more fun then our mooks fighting.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (preparing for war)   Kingdom issues (preparing for war) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 3:30 pm

Leonis wrote:
Actually, I said we should only drop the enhancement if that will benefit us (the campaign) more then us keeping the power and using it for combat. I would prefer to keep the power and use it in "war" combat. Much more fun for us to drop into battle and do cool things then one or two rolls which determine the overall battle scenario. Also, us "dropping" the power does not alleviate us of the saving throws. So if we gotta go crazy, we might as well enjoy it.

In essence PCs fighting = more fun then our mooks fighting.

As I mentioned earlier, you're going to get a chance for your PCs to do things that influence the war, but you're also going to have a lot of it being influenced by your armies (and not just the PCs) fighting against the enemies' armies. So it's not going to be an either-or situation. Take that into account when making a decision.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (preparing for war)   Kingdom issues (preparing for war) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 8:22 pm

Rolling for Grabthar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom issues (preparing for war)   Kingdom issues (preparing for war) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kingdom issues (preparing for war)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next