Shil's Eberron Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shil's Eberron Game

Private board for a 3.5e D&D Eberron game

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Nameless

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2006-09-11

Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning   Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 3:58 pm

Gareth wrote:
Luna wrote:
OOC: Not that it effects me anymore... but do I think either the chocolate or the wine has in anyway been altered in anyway?

Disease effects you - and if someone was out to get you, they may know your strengths and put other things far more deadly then poison.

Is it all poisons that druids are immune to or just natural ones?

All poisons, unless perhaps it's a "DM Special".

You know there IS an edit button. You could have just added that post to your previous one.
Back to top Go down
Luna

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2006-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning   Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 4:05 pm

OOC: I am going to give him a chance to chat- and see what he comes up with. If he doesn't seem forth coming, I may have to entangle him and threaten to practice my baleful polymorph till I get a few answers.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

Number of posts : 746

PostSubject: Re: Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning   Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 4:12 pm

Nameless wrote:

All poisons, unless perhaps it's a "DM Special".

You know there IS an edit button. You could have just added that post to your previous one.

I don't think Shil would go with the "DM Special" on things that say "ALL" and the such. Words such as "ALL" doesn't leave any wiggle room and Shil is creative enough to come up with a legal and horrific way of accomplishing the same thing --- sides, disease works.

Edit button? Too much work Very Happy

How's your hunter? I have a shaman on a PVE server with a bunch of my coworkers (drenden). If you are ever interested to come there (if you have no ties on your server) then you would be welcome.

-A
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Re: Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning   Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 4:21 pm

1. There is a joke about senility/sanity dementia/demented here. Please insert.

2. Luna is only fat in her transformed state. Shapeshifted horizontal action is ... AIIEE!

3. Don't dis the multple post, when you reach 1000 you get a cookie. Smile

Go fish for which post the above applies to. A post and a mini game.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299

PostSubject: Re: Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning   Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 8:31 pm

Luna wrote:
OOC: Not that it effects me anymore... but do I think either the chocolate or the wine has in anyway been altered in anyway?

Not that you can make out.

Gareth wrote:
Disease effects you - and if someone was out to get you, they may know your strengths and put other things far more deadly then poison.

Is it all poisons that druids are immune to or just natural ones?

They're immune to all poisons. And Luna can both cast Remove Disease and has a Fort save from Hell!

Quote :
OOC: I am going to give him a chance to chat- and see what he comes up with. If he doesn't seem forth coming, I may have to entangle him and threaten to practice my baleful polymorph till I get a few answers.

[baleful polymorph]Was that good for you too?[/baleful polymorph]

Quote :
I don't think Shil would go with the "DM Special" on things that say "ALL" and the such. Words such as "ALL" doesn't leave any wiggle room and Shil is creative enough to come up with a legal and horrific way of accomplishing the same thing --- sides, disease works.

I appreciate the faith. And no, I ain't telling.

Quote :
Edit button? Too much work Very Happy

And now you sound like Luna!

Quote :
How's your hunter? I have a shaman on a PVE server with a bunch of my coworkers (drenden). If you are ever interested to come there (if you have no ties on your server) then you would be welcome.

Aaah - it's back! Make the hurting stop!

Dave W wrote:
1. There is a joke about senility/sanity dementia/demented here. Please insert.

Hey! Do not mock the DM, for he is old and turning stupid.

Quote :
2. Luna is only fat in her transformed state. Shapeshifted horizontal action is ... AIIEE!

AIEE! sounds just about right.

Quote :
3. Don't dis the multple post, when you reach 1000 you get a cookie. Smile

Good idea. I'll have to remember that.

Of course, to fit the campaign, it'll have to be a gnomish cookie of pain, but it'll still be a cookie.

Quote :
Go fish for which post the above applies to. A post and a mini game.

Cool! Suddenly everyone (except Michael "Houdini" Schloss) is online at once.
Back to top Go down
https://eberrongame.forumotion.com
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning   Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 9:47 pm

SO... what does he have to say to my query?? :-)
Back to top Go down
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning   Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 9:53 pm

Dave is like a the wise "Uncle Grandfather" in the martial arts movies who travels with you and yet remains detatched all the while muttering prosaic observations in between the skirmishes.... except the meanings can be a little obsure and fortune-cookie like - so Luna has stopped paying any mind to them. :-)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning   Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 10:39 pm

Luna wrote:
SO... what does he have to say to my query?? :-)

Patience, young grasshopper Wink The post will be up later today. And by today, I mean Saturday. It's just after 8 am on my side.

Quote :
Dave is like a the wise "Uncle Grandfather" in the martial arts movies who travels with you and yet remains detatched all the while muttering prosaic observations in between the skirmishes.... except the meanings can be a little obsure and fortune-cookie like - so Luna has stopped paying any mind to them. :-)

I presume the comment above is true whether we're referring to Dave/Six or you/Luna.
Back to top Go down
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning   Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 12:21 am

As you say --- they are essentially interchangable! :-)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning   Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 1:56 pm

Gareth wrote:
"My apologies princess, we knew this might happen as Luna is not very good at the social aspects of life. In fact we tried to arrange it for her to not be at this event. If need be I will apologize directly to the queen."

Nameless wrote:
"Don't worry Princess. If there's any threat to you, Luna will quickly re-appear. She never misses a chance to roast, maim and dismember people."

Haydith responds with another mental giggle and transmits, in a significantly less irritated tone, “That’s all right. Aurala seems fine with it. I was just curious. Carry on, and hopefully we won’t have any more surprises.”

Gareth wrote:
Pausing for a moment to think , "Luna is not one for social gatherings, in fact she is not one for anything social - she teleported with one of the younger nobles - as for what she is doing, well something I do not approve of. Do you know who that noble was? If he plays his cards wrong we may need to contact his next of kin."

Darro frowns slightly and steps over to a nearby pair of courtiers who were looking in the same direction and are now clearly discussing it. After a quick question and answer, he walks back and says, “I gather it is young Kamran ir’Kemiria she left with. And I presume – and hope – you’re joking about the next of kin. Lady Belissa ir’Kemiria, his mother, likely wouldn’t take well to anything happening to her darling boy.” He grimaces slightly, as if at an irritating or painful memory. “You are joking, are you not?”

Maddox replies dryly, before Gareth does, “Having spent a couple of days with Luna and Gareth, I’m guessing the answer is – no, he’s not joking.”
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning   Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 1:59 pm

Nameless wrote:
"Luna finds pretty much anything boring that doesn't involve chaos, mayhem and Flame Strikes." Nameless remarks dryly. "I sometimes think our greatest contribution to the safety and security of Eberron is that we keep Luna occupied and her destructiveness channeled to constructive purposes. I shudder to think of what she might get up to left to her own devices. We might look back upon events like the Dalkyr invasions as times of comparative stability and safety, by comparison." Nameless says with a deadpan expression.

Adal smiles politely, his expression slightly uncertain, as if he were unsure whether Nameless is actually telling the truth or joking.

Nameless wrote:
Switching topics without a moment's hesitation, he continues. "Can you tell me anything about people or groups that might be opposed to the ir'Kemiria's or Lord Murat? Do they have any particular agendas that people might be opposing? Their names have come to our attention in some peculiar circumstances. Of course there is little that comes to our attention in a straightforward manner and nearly everyone we encounter has some sort of agenda when they talk to us."

“The ir’Kemiria’s and Murat?” This time, there is no concealing Adal’s confusion. “Well, that’s Murat talking to your warforged friend there. As for enemies or opposition, it’s safe to say anyone in this strata of the nobility will have some, as I’m sure you know. Murat less than most, I’d say, since his interests are a little unusual. He fancies himself a social reformer and is, unless I miss my guess, chewing your friend’s ear about the so-called warforged situation. Kamran ir’Kemiria has not much of a presence at court, and while his mother was, she has been less so for a while too. Coincidentally, considering what we were discussing earlier, Lady Belissa actually studied at Arcanix for a long while. But tell me, how exactly did they come to your attention?”

Nameless wrote:
"It does occur to me that each of the Five Nations has it's own specialties that could work well in combination. If it were a transnational organization it might well provide some useful back channels of communication. As well as hopefully forming friendships that would help to mitigate tensions between the countries."

“That would take some doing, but it might be a worthwhile possibility. Since you are on such a short trip through Fairhaven this time, I doubt much can be done to that end, but I’ll keep the possibility in mind and think about it. I believe Haydith may stop here again on the way back to Breland, which will give us a chance to speak on this matter again, and I shall have time to see what I can arrange in the meanwhile. Do you think you shall be making any arrangements to this end while in Karrnath?”
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning   Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 2:02 pm

Luna wrote:
Luna has a fine memory when it involves warnings or threats or candy.
Luna shall accept both - after giving them a careful sniff.

Luna concentrates, tapping into her shifter heritage, and her nostrils elongate and the hairs on and around them extend. She sniffs carefully at the chocolates and the wine and, detecting nothing suspicious, accepts them both. Kamran watches curiously, with the odd combination of a slightly furrowed brow and an amused smile, and asks, “Something wrong?”

Quote :
And remembering that the flattery she had been recieving, however gratifying, was in the end, clearly incinere, she shall remark - While I can understand why anyone would have the need to escape such a tedious and drawn out affair, and while it was great fun to vanish in the middle of it and break up the tedium at bit, could there be a reason for you interest in... "quality time".. shall we say ... alone with me? I mean other than any great undeniable physical attractation, which no one could in any way blame you for having. WINK and Smile. Oh, and is there any more of that candy?

Kamran smiles back and lifts his glass. “Very perceptive, Luna. I’ll freely admit that I had hoped to have a chance to spend some quality time with one of the Guardian Angels. People of your abilities, and fame, are in short supply. Didn’t you see how those at the party flocked around you and your friends? And these are the rulers and peers of the realm of Aundair!” He takes a sip of his wine and continues, “And speaking of undeniable physical attraction, once I saw all of you there really was no way I could focus on anyone else, of course. I may lack many abilities, but I do have good taste.”

Kamran looks silently at Luna for a few seconds and then leans in. “But, if I’m not mistaken, you and I have a little bargain to fulfill. You mentioned something about interesting scars. I’ll show you mine if you’ll show me yours.” He smiles and leans in further…

OOC: As far as Luna can tell, he’s telling the truth and doesn’t seem to be hiding anything. And there's lots of candy!
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning   Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 5:04 pm

Admin wrote:

Kamran ir’Kemiria she left with. And I presume
Maddox replies dryly, before Gareth does, “Having spent a couple of days with Luna and Gareth, I’m guessing the answer is – no, he’s not joking.”

Hearing the name Gareth transmits it over the mental link, and turns to Darro, "As Maddox has said, I am not joking. Luna is, and no pun intended, a force of nature. If this Kamran behaves to her liking, and that is yet to be determined, then he will be fine - but she is very fickle, quick to anger, and even quicker to strike - she is impulsive, a child...and unfortunately we are her parents."
Back to top Go down
Luna

PostSubject: Do I have any scars anymore? Or has the Regen healed them?   Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 7:44 pm

OOC: OHHH!! You people are sooo lucky Luna isn't here to hear any of this stuff!!! Parents indeed!!! SNORT of disbelief and disgust!

IC:

If not, I guess I could tell him about a scar I used to have - perhaps one I got fighting with the insane black dragon.
I am not going to be making myself any more vunerable at this point by letting him unbutton anything or get too close!!

If the scars are still there - I can show him where my symbiots were merged into me. That should make for an unbelievably cool and creepy story!!

And I will help myself to some more candy, thank you very much. YUM!
I'm always famished!
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Re: Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning   Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 11:45 pm

Luna wrote:
OOC: OHHH!! You people are sooo lucky Luna isn't here to hear any of this stuff!!! Parents indeed!!! SNORT of disbelief and disgust!

With Luna's listen skill, she just might hear it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning   Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 4:03 am

Luna wrote:

Told you to Flame Strike them when you had the opportunity!

Quote :
IC:

If not, I guess I could tell him about a scar I used to have - perhaps one I got fighting with the insane black dragon.
I am not going to be making myself any more vunerable at this point by letting him unbutton anything or get too close!!

If the scars are still there - I can show him where my symbiots were merged into me. That should make for an unbelievably cool and creepy story!!

And I will help myself to some more candy, thank you very much. YUM!
I'm always famished!

Not so quick! Luna turns slightly to look into the box of candy and quickly pops another one into her mouth, before turning to Kamran with a large chocolate-stained grin. “Scars, you said?” She leans back – and slightly away from her companion – and pulls back her sleeve to the shoulder. “See?”

As Luna turns her arm to catch the light of the magical lamp in the carriage’s corner, the series of razor-thin white scars left behind by Mordain’s modifications gleam very slightly. They are especially strong around her wrist. Luna taps that area and says, “Let me tell you what this came from.” She then proceeds to tell Kamran about her symbiotes. The young noble begins by looking slightly disappointed at her pulling away, then intrigued at the sight of the scars, and quickly runs through confusion, mild disgust and great fascination over the course of her story. He interrupts with a number of questions, and by the time she is well into her story, is leaning back comfortably and chatting with her, with absolutely no signs of his initial disappointment at her dodging of his physical advances. When Luna is done, Kamran follows with more questions about her adventures, and the conversation continues, Luna finding that the apparently garrulous noble can be quite a good listener too.

About twenty minutes after they left the palace, the carriage begins to slow. Kamran pauses and looks out a window. “Aaah! Here we are.” He indicates the large manor building the carriage is entering. “This is my home, though I generally prefer to spend time in the country.” The carriage soon comes to a stop and Kamran steps out, extending a hand for Luna to follow.

When she does, Luna finds a couple of attendants waiting for them. Kamran asks, “Would you care for some dinner? I know they had food at the palace, but what with everyone walking around and trying to kiss as much ass as needed, I doubt much eating got done.” He grins and adds, “Or should we get straight to dessert?”

OOC: How much does Luna tell him about the symbiotes and the group's other adventures? After all, Kamran does have a lot of interest in her adventures. Does she mention Yarkuun Draal (the city full of aberrations where she got the symbiotes) and what's there? Does she mention the rakshasas and the shard? Does she mention Mordain the Fleshweaver (who she still thinks is a really good guy) and the changes he made to the Angels? Does she mention the nuke in Nameless' chest? Inquiring minds want to know. I'd say you should feel free to tell him anything you want, but then Avi will yell at me for encouraging you Smile
Back to top Go down
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning   Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 2:59 pm

I shall drop in the odd reference to Yarkuun Draal - but as a woman of mystery - I shall refrain from elaborating of the rest.

Hmmm.... I hadn't realized we were moving this whole time.

IC:
Well, after being enclosed for so long just now, I don't think I would like to go and sit anywhere. We can stroll a bit if you like. So, I have told you a fascinating story, and now, it is your turn.

While I was curious to know why you wanted to engage me privately, and you have excellent candy, I must caution you that I am not a woman of great patience. Nor am I one for these subtle intrigues that your courtly friends seem intent to mire themselves in.
I am tired of the farce.
I ask you to speak plainly and to speak now.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning   Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 5:25 pm

Shil- Stop planting thoughts. You know Julia/Luna cannot help herself - it's like telling someone to not look down - OBVIOUSLY they will! Luna has a high enough intelligence to know what we want to keep secret - she has shown some restraint in the past.

Too bad you can't get her drunk Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nameless

PostSubject: Re: Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning   Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 7:30 pm

Admin wrote:
“The ir’Kemiria’s and Murat?” This time, there is no concealing Adal’s confusion. “Well, that’s Murat talking to your warforged friend there. As for enemies or opposition, it’s safe to say anyone in this strata of the nobility will have some, as I’m sure you know. Murat less than most, I’d say, since his interests are a little unusual. He fancies himself a social reformer and is, unless I miss my guess, chewing your friend’s ear about the so-called warforged situation. Kamran ir’Kemiria has not much of a presence at court, and while his mother was, she has been less so for a while too. Coincidentally, considering what we were discussing earlier, Lady Belissa actually studied at Arcanix for a long while. But tell me, how exactly did they come to your attention?”

"Someone spoke telepathically to me and the rest of my group. Warning us about them. Someone with access to unusual magics, possibly psionicist of some sort, perhaps an outsider of some kind. With all the creatures and entities who have spied on us, I do so look forward to being able to master mind blank."

Admin wrote:
“That would take some doing, but it might be a worthwhile possibility. Since you are on such a short trip through Fairhaven this time, I doubt much can be done to that end, but I’ll keep the possibility in mind and think about it. I believe Haydith may stop here again on the way back to Breland, which will give us a chance to speak on this matter again, and I shall have time to see what I can arrange in the meanwhile. Do you think you shall be making any arrangements to this end while in Karrnath?”

"I will do what I can. I think this is something I will have to devote some attention to. Gareth is a people person, which I am... not, and will probably thrive on this sort of task. I should probably have started organizing something before this, but unfortunately, it is very easy to be diverted by the press of people who want something from us. I'm sure you are familiar with this, given the position you hold."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning   Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 2:44 am

Nameless wrote:
"I will do what I can. I think this is something I will have to devote some attention to. Gareth is a people person, which I am... not, and will probably thrive on this sort of task. I should probably have started organizing something before this, but unfortunately, it is very easy to be diverted by the press of people who want something from us. I'm sure you are familiar with this, given the position you hold."

Adal grimaces slightly and says, “Yes. One of the negatives that comes with access to great power, whether political, arcane or otherwise.”

Nameless wrote:
"Someone spoke telepathically to me and the rest of my group. Warning us about them. Someone with access to unusual magics, possibly psionicist of some sort, perhaps an outsider of some kind. With all the creatures and entities who have spied on us, I do so look forward to being able to master mind blank."

Adal’s frown barely falls short of a scowl, and he glances around the room, as if in search of lurking psionic outsiders, before smoothening his expression. Looking back to Nameless, he says, “Follow me, please.” Adal turns and makes his way through the crowd, exchanging the odd couple of words and odd social comment, until he reaches a small curtained side door. Passing through and walking past the one guard, he stops when Nameless and he are halfway down the corridor beyond, and says without preamble, “Where did you get this message? Do you have any more of an idea how it was transmitted or by whom? If someone is sending telepathic messages to the princess of Karrnath’s escorts, I need to find out who or what. And why the ir’Kemirias or Murat are mentioned. Anything you can tell me in this regard would be helpful.” Adal’s voice is significantly clipped now, lacking the casual bonhomie that it had moments ago. He pauses to look at Nameless speculatively, and then adds, “Or any magical aid too, if you can. If you’re in a position to look forward to casting mind blank, you evidently have resources just as powerful as rumor has it – and maybe more.”

Gareth wrote:
“As Maddox has said, I am not joking. Luna is, and no pun intended, a force of nature. If this Kamran behaves to her liking, and that is yet to be determined, then he will be fine – but she is very fickle, quick to anger, and even quicker to strike. She is impulsive, a child ... and unfortunately we are her parents.”

A mildly concerned looking Darro is asking Gareth, “So there is a real likelihood that your companion may hurt Kamran? If so, then we might have a serious proble…,” when the paladin notices Nameless proceeding out of the chamber after Adal.

Six and Korm, each with significant reasons to focus on things other than those speaking to them, notice Nameless’ departure too.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning   Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 2:48 am

Luna wrote:
I shall drop in the odd reference to Yarkuun Draal - but as a woman of mystery - I shall refrain from elaborating of the rest.

Luna – international woman of mystery! Has a nice ring to it and fits well, since she already has a license to kill, or, more precisely, doesn’t think she really needs one.

Quote :
Hmmm.... I hadn't realized we were moving this whole time.

Yup. That’s why you guys are in a carriage. Anyway, you have candy and wine to blame for a distraction.

Quote :
IC:
Well, after being enclosed for so long just now, I don't think I would like to go and sit anywhere. We can stroll a bit if you like. So, I have told you a fascinating story, and now, it is your turn.

While I was curious to know why you wanted to engage me privately, and you have excellent candy, I must caution you that I am not a woman of great patience. Nor am I one for these subtle intrigues that your courtly friends seem intent to mire themselves in.
I am tired of the farce.
I ask you to speak plainly and to speak now.

Kamran looks mildly surprised and just a trifle disappointed again. He turns to the two waiting attendants and says, “You can go. We’ll be in … when we’re in.” The attendants depart, as has the carriage, leaving the noble and the druid alone in front of the house, though a couple of guards are visible at the gate. “Come,” says Kamran, indicating one of a pair of ornate benches a little distance away, which stand beside a decorative fishpond, “Let’s sit and speak plainly, as you put it.”

Once the two have walked over and seated themselves, Kamran cocks his head and studies Luna for a moment, and then says, “You are an unusual woman, very different to the ones I normally find myself around. And no, that’s not flattery or anything else. Just the plain truth, since that’s what you asked for. To be completely and utterly honest, I did go to the dinner with the intent of meeting and getting at least one of the Angels to come here. My mother, Lady Belissa, asked me if I would do so, since she wished to speak to one or more of you. And before you ask, no – I don’t know why.” He grins. “Being a mama’s boy, I agreed to do so, but not being as good as she might like, I made a minor change. She had wanted me to arrange for one of you to come here tomorrow morning, since she is out currently, but while speaking to you, I thought it might be nice if we took off. That way, we could … entertain each other here rather than putting up with a loud and boring party full of people trying the courtly intrigues you mentioned, and my mother could speak to you tomorrow as she wanted, if you don’t mind.”

Kamran pauses, clearly considering something, takes a deep breath, and says, “I’ll continue to be completely honest and speak plainly, and I hope you won’t be upset, since you did ask me to be. I like athletic women and those who speak their minds. I’ve also, like most, heard a lot about the Angels. Having met you, I thought it would probably be very interesting to spend the night with you, and the fact that you will leave tomorrow and neither of us will see each other in the immediate future is probably a bonus for both of us.” He takes another deep breath and says, “I do think you’re fascinating and I’d love it if you would stay here with me. That’s the plain truth. But if I’ve offended you, I’ll have you dropped back to the palace. Hopefully, you’ll still be willing to meet my mother and speak to her tomorrow, but if not, that’s okay too. So, what do you say?”

OOC: Luna gets the impression that he’s telling the truth, and is also more than half-expecting to be rejected.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning   Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 8:36 am

Admin wrote:
A mildly concerned looking Darro is asking Gareth, “So there is a real likelihood that your companion may hurt Kamran? If so, then we might have a serious proble…,” when the paladin notices Nameless proceeding out of the chamber after Adal.

Six and Korm, each with significant reasons to focus on things other than those speaking to them, notice Nameless’ departure too.

Noticing his departure Gareth messages over the link, "Nameless, is everything ok? Where are you being taken to? Do you need backup?"
Back to top Go down
Nameless

PostSubject: Re: Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning   Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 10:27 am

Admin wrote:
Adal’s frown barely falls short of a scowl, and he glances around the room, as if in search of lurking psionic outsiders, before smoothening his expression. Looking back to Nameless, he says, “Follow me, please.” Adal turns and makes his way through the crowd, exchanging the odd couple of words and odd social comment, until he reaches a small curtained side door. Passing through and walking past the one guard, he stops when Nameless and he are halfway down the corridor beyond, and says without preamble, “Where did you get this message? Do you have any more of an idea how it was transmitted or by whom? If someone is sending telepathic messages to the princess of Karrnath’s escorts, I need to find out who or what. And why the ir’Kemirias or Murat are mentioned. Anything you can tell me in this regard would be helpful.” Adal’s voice is significantly clipped now, lacking the casual bonhomie that it had moments ago. He pauses to look at Nameless speculatively, and then adds, “Or any magical aid too, if you can. If you’re in a position to look forward to casting mind blank, you evidently have resources just as powerful as rumor has it – and maybe more.”

"I doubt this person is a threat or even here any more. They probably want to use my group to some end, at some point in the future. We've had similar events happen to us in the past and the knives lie in the future, not in the present. It is also possible that this was set up to disrupt this event for some reason. So I would urge you, take no hasty actions."

Nameless will then detail the circumstances of the incident.

"The way that they pretty openly sent the message to us, indicates to me that they are prepared to defeat or evade any spells we might use and that includes True Sight. What ever they are, they clearly know who we are and thus are almost certainly conversant with our capabilities. So that they would not have done this if they weren't confident that they could evade any efforts on our part and those of the guards. Otherwise I would have acted already regardless of the diplomatic flap it might cause."

"If you wish, I can activate the True Sight I have prepared, but I would appreciate it if you'd notify the Guards that I've done so. I would like to keep things discrete. However, I have a permanent Arcane Sight and I have detected no illusion auras or transmutation auras, since receiving the message that it could pierce."

Gareth wrote:
Noticing his departure Gareth messages over the link, "Nameless, is everything ok? Where are you being taken to? Do you need backup?"

"I'm fine, the gentleman I'm talking to had some private questions. I'll let you know if anything alarming happens."
Back to top Go down
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning   Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 11:01 am

Luna will consider all this and then she will tell him about the "sending" and thus why his sir name triggered disturbing thoughts.

I would usually wait to here what he says to this - but as we are on opposite sides of the globe - I will tell him that I will dont think I can be gone all night without disturbing the rest of the other members of my party, but I can ask if they would like to return in the AM - though I think they would probably want to know why. I'm sure if they did, they would send Gareth - our mouthpiece. I am not much for these sorts of meetings and we are all ready running errands for as much royalty as we can handle.

However - I will say with a mischiveous grin - I would very much like to test out your MOTHERs bed - and see if it properly broken in. If it's not, perhaps we can assist. :-)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning   Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 1:59 pm

Luna wrote:
Luna will consider all this and then she will tell him about the "sending" and thus why his sir name triggered disturbing thoughts.

I would usually wait to here what he says to this - but as we are on opposite sides of the globe - I will tell him that I will dont think I can be gone all night without disturbing the rest of the other members of my party, but I can ask if they would like to return in the AM - though I think they would probably want to know why. I'm sure if they did, they would send Gareth - our mouthpiece. I am not much for these sorts of meetings and we are all ready running errands for as much royalty as we can handle.

However - I will say with a mischiveous grin - I would very much like to test out your MOTHERs bed - and see if it properly broken in. If it's not, perhaps we can assist. :-)

OOC: Just to make sure I have things correct before I put up an IC response, is Luna suggesting that she go back, tell the other PCs, and return to spend the night with Kamran? Or does she just want to go back and tell the other PCs?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning   Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stopping by Aundair on a Wintry Morning
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next