Shil's Eberron Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shil's Eberron Game

Private board for a 3.5e D&D Eberron game

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Various interactions (after Darro's visit)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2006-09-11

Various interactions (after Darro's visit) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Various interactions (after Darro's visit)   Various interactions (after Darro's visit) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 8:17 am

Leonis wrote:
I think the children of winter need to pick up a Sharn INquistor. The Mournland is no longer mourning Smile

Heh! That's why Moselin (and I) used past tense.

Admin wrote:
"I don't think we would need to merge our realms, maybe in the far future, but not for now at the very least. Open communications, however, is important. We are working on alliances on all fronts. What of your neighbor to the north? Do you have positive communications with him? He is also a target."

OOC: Actually, you're Varnhold's neighbor to the north. Here is how the four new realms are positioned (from north to south):

Pitax, ruled by Castruccio Irovetti
Drelev, ruled by Hannis Drelev
Khatovar, ruled by the PCs
Varnhold, ruled by Magra Varn

So as far as their border is concerned, the only ones that Varnhold really needs to worry about is you.

Quote :
OOC: Do we have a spare communication amulet? If we have one more available we could provide it to Magra. Leonis will offer it if we do--- fast communication in time of need is so important.

You don't have an actual amulet to spare, but the one you have has four gems that can be given to the people you want to be communicating with, so you can afford to give her one.
Back to top Go down
https://eberrongame.forumotion.com
Leonis

Number of posts : 746

PostSubject: Re: Various interactions (after Darro's visit)   Various interactions (after Darro's visit) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 1:11 pm

I meant contact with pitax. Any real kind of defense against aundair will require the entire region, us being at 18th level, and get amber to the group as a druid since we don't have luna Smile

So for the amulet and gems
1 amulet us
2 gem khatovar
3 gem oleg
4 gem our ambasador (when they travel)
5 magra

Is it possible to add extra gems to it at some point. We will need that for other towns. Can people who hold the gems communicate with each other or just us. Is it a conference call, or private or user choice?

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Various interactions (after Darro's visit)   Various interactions (after Darro's visit) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 1:21 pm

Leonis wrote:
I meant contact with pitax.

Magra has had no contact with Pitax or Drelev, since her land doesn't have a border with them.

Quote :
So for the amulet and gems
1 amulet us
2 gem khatovar
3 gem oleg
4 gem our ambasador (when they travel)
5 magra

Sounds good. Magra does like the idea.

Quote :
Is it possible to add extra gems to it at some point. We will need that for other towns.

No. You would need to obtain a second amulet later.

Quote :
Can people who hold the gems communicate with each other or just us. Is it a conference call, or private or user choice?

It's up to you. 3/day, you can contact one or more of the people who are holding the gems. The people who have been contacted can all communicate with you and with each other at that point. The effect lasts 10 minutes and you can use it 3 times a day.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Various interactions (after Darro's visit)   Various interactions (after Darro's visit) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 1:58 pm

Gotcha so up to 3 times per day the people who hold the amulet (the party) can initiate single or group chat and it lasts for 10 minutes per time. So we could contact two gems and those two people (plus us) could all freely chat, but the other gems would be excluded?

Can the people on the other end initiate contact with us? I assume that uses one of the 3 times? If not then I recommend Magra acquire one of these so she can open chats with us.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Various interactions (after Darro's visit)   Various interactions (after Darro's visit) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 2:19 pm

Leonis wrote:
Gotcha so up to 3 times per day the people who hold the amulet (the party) can initiate single or group chat and it lasts for 10 minutes per time. So we could contact two gems and those two people (plus us) could all freely chat, but the other gems would be excluded?

Right.

Quote :
Can the people on the other end initiate contact with us? I assume that uses one of the 3 times?

No, they can't initiate it. Only those holding the actual amulet can.

Quote :
If not then I recommend Magra acquire one of these so she can open chats with us.

Okay. She'll say that she'll arrange to get one at some point.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Various interactions (after Darro's visit)   Various interactions (after Darro's visit) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 2:01 pm

So is there anything else you want to set up or discuss with Magra right now?
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Various interactions (after Darro's visit)   Various interactions (after Darro's visit) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 5:43 pm

After the group explains their plan of action to Magra they reciprocate the same question, "So what do you plan to do? What would you like for us to do to help you with these plans?"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Various interactions (after Darro's visit)   Various interactions (after Darro's visit) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 9:09 pm

Leonis wrote:
After the group explains their plan of action to Magra they reciprocate the same question, "So what do you plan to do? What would you like for us to do to help you with these plans?"

Magra responds quickly, the subject seemingly being one she has already considered at length. "Frankly, I had--and still have--little interest in increasing our territory," she says, glancing at Helas, who nods in agreement. "I'd much rather focus all my attention on stabilizing our situation in Varnhold and then expanding into a viable realm." She swiftly adds, "And by expand I mean within our lands, not into yours. We haven't established ourselves as securely as you have, to be honest, and we have some way to go before we're self-sufficient enough for my liking. Which, for me, would ideally include a peaceful accord with the Nomen and access to some of the rich grasslands to our south." She smiles, a little ruefully, and says, "Those two go together, since some of the best potential farmlands in the area are in the lands their tribes claim."

"As for your aid, perhaps you could eventually help us to achieve a peaceful accord with the Nomen or, if need be, defeat them conclusively. Or that's what I had considered." Magra looks around at all of the leaders of Khatovar, runs a hand over her head and sighs. "I'm not quite as interested in political machinations as you might think. I came to the Stolen Lands with the hope that I could carve out a small realm and provide a good home for myself and my people. I'm a loyal Aundairan. I'd have been happy to peacefully hand it over to the Aundairan crown when asked, hopefully receiving some land and wealth in return, which my companions and I could live on. I don't want to have to deal with being invaded - or invading someone in turn." Her face tightens slightly. "But, if it becomes necessary, I will fight to defend myself, my friends, my people and my land. That you can count on. And if helping you helps keep me and mine safe, I will gladly do so."
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Various interactions (after Darro's visit)   Various interactions (after Darro's visit) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 9:34 pm

Admin wrote:

Magra responds quickly, the subject seemingly being one she has already considered at length. "Frankly, I had--and still have--little interest in increasing our territory," she says, glancing at Helas, who nods in agreement. "I'd much rather focus all my attention on stabilizing our situation in Varnhold and then expanding into a viable realm." She swiftly adds, "And by expand I mean within our lands, not into yours. We haven't established ourselves as securely as you have, to be honest, and we have some way to go before we're self-sufficient enough for my liking. Which, for me, would ideally include a peaceful accord with the Nomen and access to some of the rich grasslands to our south." She smiles, a little ruefully, and says, "Those two go together, since some of the best potential farmlands in the area are in the lands their tribes claim."

"We have thought about the issues with the centaurs before your arrival and we would be more then happy to speak to them. Maybe we can mediate and come to some sort of agreement. It is better to be friends with them, especially if a war is brewing"

Admin wrote:
"As for your aid, perhaps you could eventually help us to achieve a peaceful accord with the Nomen or, if need be, defeat them conclusively. Or that's what I had considered." Magra looks around at all of the leaders of Khatovar, runs a hand over her head and sighs. "I'm not quite as interested in political machinations as you might think. I came to the Stolen Lands with the hope that I could carve out a small realm and provide a good home for myself and my people. I'm a loyal Aundairan. I'd have been happy to peacefully hand it over to the Aundairan crown when asked, hopefully receiving some land and wealth in return, which my companions and I could live on. I don't want to have to deal with being invaded - or invading someone in turn." Her face tightens slightly. "But, if it becomes necessary, I will fight to defend myself, my friends, my people and my land. That you can count on. And if helping you helps keep me and mine safe, I will gladly do so."

Leonis quirks his head upon hearing those words, "Interesting. With you being so willing in turning your lands over to Aundair I am wondering if there is some issue you have had with Darro or someone related to him. Did you ever have troubles with him or someone he may know? Maybe his son?" Turning to the group, "Don't you find it odd that Darro would not even consider speaking with Magra and Magra being so willing to hand her lands over to Darro?"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Various interactions (after Darro's visit)   Various interactions (after Darro's visit) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 11:07 pm

Leonis wrote:
"We have thought about the issues with the centaurs before your arrival and we would be more then happy to speak to them. Maybe we can mediate and come to some sort of agreement. It is better to be friends with them, especially if a war is brewing"

"I agree - I would rather have them as allies than have to destroy them," says Magra, "And thank you. I appreciate the offer. I'll consider how we may best make use of it."

Helas grins and says, "Maybe we could get them to bet better behavior on one of their chieftains wrestling Grabthar."

Quote :
Leonis quirks his head upon hearing those words, "Interesting. With you being so willing in turning your lands over to Aundair I am wondering if there is some issue you have had with Darro or someone related to him. Did you ever have troubles with him or someone he may know? Maybe his son?" Turning to the group, "Don't you find it odd that Darro would not even consider speaking with Magra and Magra being so willing to hand her lands over to Darro?"

Magra responds before anyone else can, chuckling dryly. "You misunderstand. I said I would happily hand my lands over to Aundair, not to Darro ir'Lain. I've only seen the man and barely interacted with him, but I have some ... issues with how he does things." She smiles, though not humorously. "Especially after what you mentioned. Before leaving Aundair for the area that's now Varnhold, I'd mentioned to the functionaries who were hiring me that I answered only to the crown of Aundair and not to intermediaries. And that's what anyone other than Queen Aurala--and maybe Warlord Adal--is to me." She frowns and looks thoughtful. "In fact, now I'm wondering exactly how much of this ... plan is sanctioned by the Queen and how much is Darro on his own."
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Various interactions (after Darro's visit)   Various interactions (after Darro's visit) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 11:34 pm

Admin wrote:

Magra responds before anyone else can, chuckling dryly. "You misunderstand. I said I would happily hand my lands over to Aundair, not to Darro ir'Lain. I've only seen the man and barely interacted with him, but I have some ... issues with how he does things." She smiles, though not humorously. "Especially after what you mentioned. Before leaving Aundair for the area that's now Varnhold, I'd mentioned to the functionaries who were hiring me that I answered only to the crown of Aundair and not to intermediaries. And that's what anyone other than Queen Aurala--and maybe Warlord Adal--is to me." She frowns and looks thoughtful. "In fact, now I'm wondering exactly how much of this ... plan is sanctioned by the Queen and how much is Darro on his own."

"I was thinking exactly the same thing before you just came to that last statement. Do you believe Darro is trying to usurp some power from the Queen? We are taking bold leaps here but if it is true this could be a horrible conspiracy." Shaking his head, "This is conspiracy theory like those old men in the thieves guild, always prattling about something that is complete nonsense. We would need some evidence" Pausing, "If you have communications with the Queen of Aundair maybe you could speak with her and ask her yourself?"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Various interactions (after Darro's visit)   Various interactions (after Darro's visit) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 6:03 am

Leonis wrote:
"I was thinking exactly the same thing before you just came to that last statement. Do you believe Darro is trying to usurp some power from the Queen? We are taking bold leaps here but if it is true this could be a horrible conspiracy." Shaking his head, "This is conspiracy theory like those old men in the thieves guild, always prattling about something that is complete nonsense. We would need some evidence" Pausing, "If you have communications with the Queen of Aundair maybe you could speak with her and ask her yourself?"

Magra shakes her head too, but more decisively. "I sincerely doubt it. Even if all of the Stolen Lands were united under one ruler, say Hannis Drelev, who was completely faithful to Darro, it wouldn't substantially change his position. Darro is the Second Warlord, third member of the Triumvirate, and he cannot aspire higher while Aurala and Adal live. Even if they died, the Host forbid, one of their children would come to the throne. The only way Darro could attempt to take power from the Queen is by causing a civil war, and he knows as well as anyone else that a divided Aundair would be easy pickings for Thrane and Karrnath, maybe Breland too. And," she says just a little grudgingly, "To all indications Darro is utterly faithful to Aundair. I think he simply wants his own way, as he always does, and to be able to recapture the Stolen Lands and enjoy the adulation which it would give him - from the Queen and the people of Aundair."

Magra looks around with a thoughtful expression and then says, "But I will speak to my father, Androth Varn, about it. He is not a powerful noble, but he is nobility nevertheless, and so has much more access to the Queen than I do. I shall let you know if he discovers anything."
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Various interactions (after Darro's visit)   Various interactions (after Darro's visit) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 10:03 am

"Well at least we know he isn't trying to take over Aundair, but he is trying to elevate himself on the popularity meter at not only our expense but that of our people. Giving up our lands to Aundair is fine, but to give it to that tyrant Drelev...the wardens of this area would not be pleased. They require a gentle touch and winning their trust was not easy. If we gave up our lands to a person like Drelev they would see this as betrayal. We would be long gone and safe, and rich, but this area would be at war. War doesn't bring anything good. Tyrants only bring war and slavary, and I can't have that"

Looking around "Is there anything else we can do for you now? Would you like for me to give a personal tour of the area? I feel our relationship can floruish" Leonis flashes a big smile for Magra.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Various interactions (after Darro's visit)   Various interactions (after Darro's visit) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 6:28 pm

Leonis wrote:
"Well at least we know he isn't trying to take over Aundair, but he is trying to elevate himself on the popularity meter at not only our expense but that of our people. Giving up our lands to Aundair is fine, but to give it to that tyrant Drelev...the wardens of this area would not be pleased. They require a gentle touch and winning their trust was not easy. If we gave up our lands to a person like Drelev they would see this as betrayal. We would be long gone and safe, and rich, but this area would be at war. War doesn't bring anything good. Tyrants only bring war and slavary, and I can't have that"

Magra nods, looking distinctly pleased at what Leonis says. "One would think that in view of what has occurred over the last few years ... or actually the last century, any right-thinking person in Khorvaire would be utterly opposed to anything that would increase the chances of war, but some people haven't had their fill of it." She frowns, almost scowling, and then lets the expression fade away. "I'm pleased that you, you all," she says, addressing first Leonis and then the rulers as a whole, "Think the way you do. And that you're our neighbors, instead of Drelev." She smiles wryly. "Of course, it's not as pleasant for you having him to your north - but we'll help you deal with that as we can."

Quote :
Looking around "Is there anything else we can do for you now? Would you like for me to give a personal tour of the area? I feel our relationship can floruish" Leonis flashes a big smile for Magra.

"Yes," says Magra, looking around to see if there is anything else the others wish to raise with her, before rising to her feet, "I would like that. Helas has told me a lot about Khatovar and your capital, so I'd like to see what you have done here." She smiles and adds, "I was curious and a little concerned when you were so insistent that we meet. Not that the news you gave me makes me unconcerned, of course, but I think this was a profitable meeting. And hopefully we can continue in this vein for the long-term."

OOC: Is Leonis hitting on her? She doesn't give any indication of interest, for what it's worth.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Various interactions (after Darro's visit)   Various interactions (after Darro's visit) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 7:07 pm

Admin wrote:

Magra nods, looking distinctly pleased at what Leonis says. "One would think that in view of what has occurred over the last few years ... or actually the last century, any right-thinking person in Khorvaire would be utterly opposed to anything that would increase the chances of war, but some people haven't had their fill of it." She frowns, almost scowling, and then lets the expression fade away. "I'm pleased that you, you all," she says, addressing first Leonis and then the rulers as a whole, "Think the way you do. And that you're our neighbors, instead of Drelev." She smiles wryly. "Of course, it's not as pleasant for you having him to your north - but we'll help you deal with that as we can."

"I think we can all agree upon that, including Drelev when he meets us - and it won't be in the same manner as we met with you"

Admin wrote:
"Yes," says Magra, looking around to see if there is anything else the others wish to raise with her, before rising to her feet, "I would like that. Helas has told me a lot about Khatovar and your capital, so I'd like to see what you have done here." She smiles and adds, "I was curious and a little concerned when you were so insistent that we meet. Not that the news you gave me makes me unconcerned, of course, but I think this was a profitable meeting. And hopefully we can continue in this vein for the long-term."

OOC: Is Leonis hitting on her? She doesn't give any indication of interest, for what it's worth.

Who?king Me? study Now would Leonis do such a thing as hit on a female like Magra? I think a vote needs to be taken on what the group thinks Leonis would do afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Various interactions (after Darro's visit)   Various interactions (after Darro's visit) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Various interactions (after Darro's visit)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2