Shil's Eberron Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shil's Eberron Game

Private board for a 3.5e D&D Eberron game

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Various interactions (after Darro's visit)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2006-09-11

Various interactions (after Darro's visit) Empty
PostSubject: Various interactions (after Darro's visit)   Various interactions (after Darro's visit) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 8:53 am

Once Darro ir'Lain leaves, the rulers of Khatovar return to their regular duties, with a significant amount of focus on strengthening their small realm and learning more about the potential foe of Hannis Drelev.

A fair amount of money is spent on promotion of Khatovar as a good place to settle, with some emphasis on seeking people who have military experience. Each of the rulers also attempts to contact individual people they knew in Aundair to a similar end. Seeking other aid within the Reaches too, construction of a good-sized park is begun, with the word being put out that they would like the druids of the Reaches to bless and consecrate the land being put aside for natural growth within their city.

Besides gaining actual warriors, information is also important. Rowan, with a little aid from Kesten Garess, manages to find a couple of people who had served under Hannis Drelev during the Last War. What they have to report about him is not positive. Evidently Hannis came across as a sullen, greedy, and conceited man, never satisfied with his lot in life, but always disdainful of anyone who had less than him. Though not actually nobility himself*, he took great pleasure in acting if he was so and dropping broad (and vague) hints about his connections with powerful people "if only he was at liberty to reveal them".

The people Rowan speaks to do grudgingly admit that Hannis was actually a decent military commander, with some creative and innovative tactics, but he also often brought his soldiers (he commanded a cavalry unit) into undue danger due to his desire for glory. He attained the rank of captain** during the Last War and was later promoted to major in peacetime, just before leaving the army, but probably due to politics rather than actual military ability. There were rumors that his father was pulling strings from behind the scenes for his illegitimate son.

Hannis had an obvious desire to join the Knights Arcane, but had no magical abilities at all, so could never do so. He was a skilled swordsman, but hardly as much as he fancied himself to be. He loved dueling and often sparred against his own guardsmen (and senior officers, if any agreed). He liked to show off, taunting and belittling those he overpowered, but reacting angrily to situations where others get the best of him (though he hid it reasonably well when the other person was a superior). That seemed to be the case on the dueling field and off.

Leonis, using his contacts, also learns that Hannis' wife, Pavetta Stroon (now Stroon-Drelev) is minor nobility, so Hannis married up. Her brother, Imeckus Stroon, is a talented mage and war wizard, who participated in the Last War. Afterward, he joined the Arcane Congress and returned to the floating Towers of Arcanix (where he had graduated with honors), where he was for a few years. When his sister and brother-in-law left to create their own realm, he followed shortly thereafter, probably at Pavetta's insistence (rumor says that he doesn't get along too well with Hannis). After their return from Drelev, Svetlana and Jubilost confirm that Hannis' soldiers (some of whom their "drunk" guard spent time with) say that one of the primary reasons for managing to drive back the Tiger Lord barbarians is Imeckus' destructive magic (he seems to be an evoker).

Lastly, the leaders of Khatovar are busy sending messages back and forth between them and Varnhold, attempting to set up a meeting between themselves and Magra Varn, Governor of that nation. A couple of weeks pass before Magra says that she might be able to arrange something soon, especially in view of Khatovar's reiterations that this is very important.

While working diligently and further developing their nation, the leaders of Khatovar do find individual ways of relaxing. Beren d'Lyrandar, who is sometimes traveling back and forth between Lakeshore and Olegton while finalizing details for the small Lyrandar enclave to be set up at the latter, meets Kara a couple more times. Rowan's "boy-toy", the apprentice smith Ilmar Nenn, finds himself invited over to meet her sometimes. Both of the women face a short period of whispering and gossip about the respective men, but since neither of them is at all clandestine or particularly concerned about it, that soon dies down. In their own very divergent ways, Beren's suavely aristocratic charm and Ilmar's uncomplicated honesty provides a nice change for their respective paramours from what they normally deal with.

Leonis, meanwhile, is kept busy by his new apprentice and the mage tower. Iveni turns out to be a reasonably quick study and a very diligent worker. In some ways, her very methodical and careful approach might actually be slowing down her progress, but it also means that what she learns, she does so very well.

Grabthar is busy keeping the peace in his own inimitable way, which mostly consists of walking around town and talking to people, often about whether they need anything avenged (those conversations somehow end very rapidly). Though the goliath rarely finds any avenging to be done, his presence at least seems to affect people's morale - especially in a fifty foot radius around him.

* I gave you a little incorrect info last session. Hannis is not actually nobility. Except now he calls himself Baron Razz

** Ranks in the armies of the Five Nations (from lowest to highest) are generally Soldier, Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain, Major, Colonel, General, Warlord
Back to top Go down
https://eberrongame.forumotion.com
Leonis

Number of posts : 746

PostSubject: Re: Various interactions (after Darro's visit)   Various interactions (after Darro's visit) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 8:43 pm

Leonis will ponder ways to woo Drelevs wife. Not in a bad way for her, but definitely embarrassing and taunting for him. Leonis will also make sure to mock Drelev, when they meet, by casting some cantrips and taunting him about it.

Leonis will start to set some training and work schedules for all of the mages. Each mage will be assigned to a guard unit, as well as a scout unit, and will need to go out with them periodically to gain real world experience (OOC: to get them more experience and levels). Leonis, when possible, will take his apprentice out on minor and not too dangerous excursions to help her gain some extra training.

Leonis will try and open talks with the other wizard schools to see if there is some information trading they can do - particularly about best practices, recommendations, etc.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Various interactions (after Darro's visit)   Various interactions (after Darro's visit) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 8:08 am

Leonis wrote:
Leonis will ponder ways to woo Drelevs wife. Not in a bad way for her, but definitely embarrassing and taunting for him. Leonis will also make sure to mock Drelev, when they meet, by casting some cantrips and taunting him about it.

Oh, great - this should go very well Very Happy Clearly you need to eventually make plans to invite Hannis over or travel up to Drelev to meet him.

Quote :
Leonis will start to set some training and work schedules for all of the mages. Each mage will be assigned to a guard unit, as well as a scout unit, and will need to go out with them periodically to gain real world experience (OOC: to get them more experience and levels). Leonis, when possible, will take his apprentice out on minor and not too dangerous excursions to help her gain some extra training.

Sounds good. Iveni goes up to a Wizard2 at this point.

Quote :
Leonis will try and open talks with the other wizard schools to see if there is some information trading they can do - particularly about best practices, recommendations, etc.

Leonis' first overtures to the wizard schools of Aundair are quite soundly rebuffed, with the only variance being in the manner in which they do so, ranging from the "we appreciate your interest, but we are currently very busy with ..." to the "our school has a proud tradition of arcane exchange within the borders of Aundair only, so ...".

On that note, give me an Intelligence check for Leonis, please.

Also, roll me 1d6. That is the number of weeks which Magra Varn would say it'll take her to travel to Khatovar. If you roll a 1 or 2, she makes it before the point where we stopped last session (so you do get to meet her before all news from Varnhold suddenly ceases). If it's 3 or higher, you're actually waiting for her arrival when Oleg brings the news and the letter from Androth Varn.

And, lastly, give me a Diplomacy check using Rowan's bonus (+16). That's to see what happens with the invitation to the druids.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Various interactions (after Darro's visit)   Various interactions (after Darro's visit) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:11 am

Silly schools.
in your order
NO WAMMIES!

Edit: ouch damn you mike

Last edited by Leonis on Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Various interactions (after Darro's visit)   Various interactions (after Darro's visit) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:11 am

The member 'Leonis' has done the following action : Dice roller

#1 'd20' : 4

--------------------------------

#2 'd6' : 1

--------------------------------

#3 'd20' : 6
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Various interactions (after Darro's visit)   Various interactions (after Darro's visit) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 12:04 pm

Leonis wrote:
Silly schools.
in your order
NO WAMMIES!

Edit: ouch damn you mike

Not that bad, actually. You got the important ones, anyway.

At this point, there is really nothing Leonis--or the other rulers--can do about the rejection from the Aundairan academies of magic. But perhaps in the future they may be made to reconsider, especially if Khatovar's power and magical economy grows.

About a week after the completion of the new park, the rulers of Khatovar receive a man who says he represents the Wardens of the Wood and introduces himself as Moselin. He is short, stout and middle-aged, with a good-sized beard contrasting with the large bald patch on his pate. When Moselin meets the rulers, he nods and then smiles cheerfully. "I believe you ladies and gentlemen have been wishing to contact the Wardens. I'm here on their behalf." He looks expectantly around the group.

Two weeks later...

With the continuing insistence of the rulers of Khatovar on the urgent necessity of their meeting, Magra Varn eventually arranges for a visit to Lakeshore. Nearly a month after Darro ir'Lain's visit and two months after they had met her representative, Helas Gunder, the ruler of Varnhold arrives at Lakeshore. She comes with a large entourage, including a full dozen veterans from the Varnling Host and another dozen guards, as well as other attendants. She is also accompanied by Helas and also has the advisor Youma and the scribe Riaan with her.

Magra is probably around Helas' age and has the same dark-brown complexion and black hair, but is otherwise very different in appearance. Exceptionally tall, she stands a full six and a half feet, which makes her slim figure seem particularly thin. Like Helas, she wears a mithral chain shirt under her formal clothing, and has a longsword at her side. Leonis and Rowan also note that she has a pouch on her right side which seems just right for spell components, which fits with what they have learned of her being a warrior-mage.

After going through the usual procedures with formal correctness, Magra slips into a more comfortable demeanor when she is alone with the rulers and their councilors, evidently more practiced at this than Helas is. "So," she says, "You said you had something of great importance which only I should hear, so here I am. Some people," she grins, "Told me that is diplomacy-speak for 'we're going to assassinate you' but I'm hoping they were wrong." Despite the smile, her eyes are watchful and wary.

OOC: Have you told any of your councilors about Darro's proposal?
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Various interactions (after Darro's visit)   Various interactions (after Darro's visit) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 2:00 pm

Leonis (and presumably the others) thank Moselin. Leonis will ask one of the other councilers to research what would be appropriate- dinner, party, etc - for the druids. A meeting will also happen and discuss what the rulers plan for the region and how they would like to keep the balance so nature and centralized society can work together, keeping each other safe and prosperous. (Assuming the group is ok with it) Leonis will offer defensive pacts as well as conservation treaties, "we understand most creatures who live off the land do not need government and trade freely with us so we probably do not need to discuss this. For sure since we live together we wish to make sure we live happily, and if any of your people have grievences with us we would be available to speak with them and help. We would also like to offer our services in times of need, and be able to request the same. This could be assistance from invaders, common criminals, monsters, or even devastating disasters" .

-----
Ooc: we have not discussed the issues with the councilers
smiling, "No Magra, I can assure you I have not ordered an assassination attempt on you, and to be honest I like your emissaries, and your village.why we requested your presence is for..."

Ooc:I will let someone else have a chance or continue tonight when I get to a real keyboard Smile
Diplomacy with rowans rolls.
NO WAMMIES!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Various interactions (after Darro's visit)   Various interactions (after Darro's visit) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 2:00 pm

The member 'Leonis' has done the following action : Dice roller

'd20' : 12
Back to top Go down
Rowan

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2006-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Various interactions (after Darro's visit)   Various interactions (after Darro's visit) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 5:45 pm

Admin wrote:
About a week after the completion of the new park, the rulers of Khatovar receive a man who says he represents the Wardens of the Wood and introduces himself as Moselin. He is short, stout and middle-aged, with a good-sized beard contrasting with the large bald patch on his pate. When Moselin meets the rulers, he nods and then smiles cheerfully. "I believe you ladies and gentlemen have been wishing to contact the Wardens. I'm here on their behalf." He looks expectantly around the group.
For this meeting Rowan will dress more plainly than she has for the other official diplomatic meetings, because she figures that a Druid wouldn't be impressed by such niceties. She'll still put care into how she dresses, but what she wears will be closer to her regular clothes or woodsman clothes rather than formalwear.

Rowan will greet Moselin friendlily, though not with false warmth. She'll reiterate what Leonis said, but with an undertone that Khatovar is asking the counsel of the Wardens of the Wood in how to work most harmoniously with nature. She says that many of the people here have chosen to come to these lands because of their love of the wild, and she asks Moselin if he would do them the honor of consecrating their new grove on behalf of the other Druids.

Quote :
With the continuing insistence of the rulers of Khatovar on the urgent necessity of their meeting, Magra Varn eventually arranges for a visit to Lakeshore. Nearly a month after Darro ir'Lain's visit and two months after they had met her representative, Helas Gunder, the ruler of Varnhold arrives at Lakeshore. She comes with a large entourage, including a full dozen veterans from the Varnling Host and another dozen guards, as well as other attendants. She is also accompanied by Helas and also has the advisor Youma and the scribe Riaan with her.

Magra is probably around Helas' age and has the same dark-brown complexion and black hair, but is otherwise very different in appearance. Exceptionally tall, she stands a full six and a half feet, which makes her slim figure seem particularly thin. Like Helas, she wears a mithral chain shirt under her formal clothing, and has a longsword at her side. Leonis and Rowan also note that she has a pouch on her right side which seems just right for spell components, which fits with what they have learned of her being a warrior-mage.

After going through the usual procedures with formal correctness, Magra slips into a more comfortable demeanor when she is alone with the rulers and their councilors, evidently more practiced at this than Helas is. "So," she says, "You said you had something of great importance which only I should hear, so here I am. Some people," she grins, "Told me that is diplomacy-speak for 'we're going to assassinate you' but I'm hoping they were wrong." Despite the smile, her eyes are watchful and wary.
Rowan smiles wryly. "We're not going to assassinate you. Though I certainly don't blame you for bringing a large guard. One of our caravans was attacked recently. Inside Aundair."

"You're a woman of action, so I'll get straight to the point: Both of our lands are in a lot of danger, from outside forces. We were recently visited by Darro ir'Lain. And he... revealed to us his grand plan for this region. He wants it to be held by a single ruler, as a single kingdom, and soon. And he wants that ruler to be Hannis Drelev." She shrugs. "I've heard a lot about Drelev, that he's a competent officer, but also that he's a reckless glory-hound who cares only for himself."

Rowan will let Magra respond before continuing.

Quote :
OOC: Have you told any of your councilors about Darro's proposal?
That's a good question. I don't want this to get out, they might have good advice. Which of them do we think should know right away? In the end it might be better to just tell all of them, so we don't get into the habit of keeping secrets from our counselors.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Various interactions (after Darro's visit)   Various interactions (after Darro's visit) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 7:00 pm

At hearing about his command competancy, "sorry, but being recklous with your soldiers lives for glory does make one competant."

Looking at Magra. "Darro's plan is for us to conquer you, since he believes you will not listen to his plans. Once that is done we are to hand your lands, and ours to Dreliv. Then dreliv conquers your nrighbors to the North." Pausing for a moment, " after that we go to Aundair with riches and titles and you are presumably dead". Pausing for a moment" We do not like the plan. We counter offered with a plan to join forces with you to conquer Dreliv and then all of us would focus on the North. Darro does not like that plan, he likes his son/puppet...hence you are here. We want to work with you. To help defend each other and eventually take Darro out. After that we can see what happens with the North, but I am thinking peace with them unless they are also a bunch of turnip eating jack wagons."

Smiling, "so wanna work togeher to crack skulls?"

Edit: I don't think we should tell anyone just yet
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Various interactions (after Darro's visit)   Various interactions (after Darro's visit) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 7:07 pm

More to follow later, but on this point...

Rowan wrote:
That's a good question. I don't want this to get out, they might have good advice. Which of them do we think should know right away? In the end it might be better to just tell all of them, so we don't get into the habit of keeping secrets from our counselors.

Frankly, you don't think it'll be possible to count on keeping things from some of them and not the others, considering the degree of interaction between them (and with all of you). You've already had to have them give you personal time with Darro and not tell them what he said, and then send urgent messages to Varnhold, again without saying what's going on. And in order for them not to know now, you'd have to meet Magra with all your councilors absent, while she has her Warden, an advisor and a scribe. Your councilors have shown their loyalty often enough that you don't think they'd take it too badly, but it doesn't look good. You're likely better off letting them all know.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Various interactions (after Darro's visit)   Various interactions (after Darro's visit) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 7:40 pm

Admin wrote:

Frankly, you don't think it'll be possible to count on keeping things from some of them and not the others, considering the degree of interaction between them (and with all of you). You've already had to have them give you personal time with Darro and not tell them what he said, and then send urgent messages to Varnhold, again without saying what's going on. And in order for them not to know now, you'd have to meet Magra with all your councilors absent, while she has her Warden, an advisor and a scribe. Your councilors have shown their loyalty often enough that you don't think they'd take it too badly, but it doesn't look good. You're likely better off letting them all know.

We couldn't get the meeting with Magra alone?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Various interactions (after Darro's visit)   Various interactions (after Darro's visit) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:37 pm

Leonis wrote:
We couldn't get the meeting with Magra alone?

No. She's quite insistent that anything you need to say to her, you can say in front of the other three. Which is interesting, since she's including her scribe among this group of people she evidently strongly trusts.

I presume that doesn't change what you say to her. Or does it?
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Various interactions (after Darro's visit)   Various interactions (after Darro's visit) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 10:14 pm

Nope, I say the same thing, though preface the start of the conversation that whatever is said in this room stays as such, and request the scribe not take notes as there should be no record.
Back to top Go down
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Various interactions (after Darro's visit)   Various interactions (after Darro's visit) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 10:18 pm

I agree. I think we should tell our counselors, but impress on them how important it is to not tell anyone else, even people they trust.

Leonis wrote:
At hearing about his command competancy, "sorry, but being recklous with your soldiers lives for glory does make one competant."

Looking at Magra. "Darro's plan is for us to conquer you, since he believes you will not listen to his plans. Once that is done we are to hand your lands, and ours to Dreliv. Then dreliv conquers your nrighbors to the North." Pausing for a moment, " after that we go to Aundair with riches and titles and you are presumably dead". Pausing for a moment" We do not like the plan. We counter offered with a plan to join forces with you to conquer Dreliv and then all of us would focus on the North. Darro does not like that plan, he likes his son/puppet...hence you are here. We want to work with you. To help defend each other and eventually take Darro out. After that we can see what happens with the North, but I am thinking peace with them unless they are also a bunch of turnip eating jack wagons."

As Leonis blurts this out, messing up Rowan's diplomatic timing and framing of the issue, Rowan tries to kill Leonis with her brain.

Edit: Damnit! I guess Leonis survived.

Last edited by Rowan on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Various interactions (after Darro's visit)   Various interactions (after Darro's visit) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 10:18 pm

The member 'Rowan' has done the following action : Dice roller

'd20' : 3
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Various interactions (after Darro's visit)   Various interactions (after Darro's visit) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 10:39 pm

Rowan wrote:
I agree. I think we should tell our counselors, but impress on them how important it is to not tell anyone else, even people they true

Hold on, I don't quite agree yet. Let's wait until after the meeting before we decide. Also some of the counselors may not need to know at this point. Yes eventually but hold your horses Smile

EDIT: My brain is made immune by my testerone.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Various interactions (after Darro's visit)   Various interactions (after Darro's visit) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 7:29 am

MOSELIN:

Leonis wrote:
Leonis (and presumably the others) thank Moselin. Leonis will ask one of the other councilers to research what would be appropriate- dinner, party, etc - for the druids. A meeting will also happen and discuss what the rulers plan for the region and how they would like to keep the balance so nature and centralized society can work together, keeping each other safe and prosperous. (Assuming the group is ok with it) Leonis will offer defensive pacts as well as conservation treaties, "we understand most creatures who live off the land do not need government and trade freely with us so we probably do not need to discuss this. For sure since we live together we wish to make sure we live happily, and if any of your people have grievences with us we would be available to speak with them and help. We would also like to offer our services in times of need, and be able to request the same. This could be assistance from invaders, common criminals, monsters, or even devastating disasters".

Rowan wrote:
For this meeting Rowan will dress more plainly than she has for the other official diplomatic meetings, because she figures that a Druid wouldn't be impressed by such niceties. She'll still put care into how she dresses, but what she wears will be closer to her regular clothes or woodsman clothes rather than formalwear.

Rowan will greet Moselin friendlily, though not with false warmth. She'll reiterate what Leonis said, but with an undertone that Khatovar is asking the counsel of the Wardens of the Wood in how to work most harmoniously with nature. She says that many of the people here have chosen to come to these lands because of their love of the wild, and she asks Moselin if he would do them the honor of consecrating their new grove on behalf of the other Druids.

Moselin smiles and says, "I'm pleased to hear that. I understand that there must be some disruption of nature for people to live here, but we Wardens prefer if there is a balance there. Even two years ago, if you had come here, you would have found many Wardens living and working amongst the people, but ...," he pauses and his expression darkens slightly, "The Xoriat Invasion hurt us badly. Many Wardens died and most of us retreated back into the deeper Reaches. When we did, I feared what might happen to these areas." His face brightens again. "From what I've seen and heard, your rule has been good ... surprisingly good ... for the Reachers. I'm glad. And I'll be very happy to consecrate your new grove. Obviously, you are surrounded by nature here, but having such places in your settlements is a good thing."

"We don't really do, er, pacts or treaties," he says, in response to Leonis' suggestion about such things, "But if you wish, I can tell the other Wardens that you welcome them. I'm sure over time some more of them will move back into this area, and they won't need treaties and promises to be helpful to you in times of need. I mean, there are already a few Wardens who live in your lands, simply because these are their homes and they never left when the others did. And I'll admit a few have passed through, because we have been curious about your development and future plans. Tell me - do you hope to make this your own realm and rule as long as you can and pass it on to your successors? Or do you plan, as some say, to claim this land for Aundair?"

MAGRA VARN:

Quote :
Rowan smiles wryly. "We're not going to assassinate you. Though I certainly don't blame you for bringing a large guard. One of our caravans was attacked recently. Inside Aundair."

"You're a woman of action, so I'll get straight to the point: Both of our lands are in a lot of danger, from outside forces. We were recently visited by Darro ir'Lain. And he... revealed to us his grand plan for this region. He wants it to be held by a single ruler, as a single kingdom, and soon. And he wants that ruler to be Hannis Drelev." She shrugs. "I've heard a lot about Drelev, that he's a competent officer, but also that he's a reckless glory-hound who cares only for himself."

Rowan will let Magra respond before continuing.

Leonis wrote:

Magra's eyes narrow slightly at mention of Darro and then widen when Rowan mentions exactly what his 'grand plan' is. And then widen a little further as Leonis jumps in with a counter-offer involving a combined attack on Drelev and potential future actions against Darro. Luckily, the pause while Rowan stares daggers into Leonis' skull gives her a couple of seconds to assimilate the information.

While Magra remains silent for a few moments, Helas' response is more immediate. "That scheming asshole!" she ejaculates loudly, smacking the table before her, "I knew Darro-fucking-ir'Lain had something up his sleeve when ...." She pauses, turns a little redder than she already has, and then chuckles ruefully. "Um ... sorry, Magra."

Magra, who had turned to look at her Warden with a raised eyebrow, grins and says, "No problem. You know I like being able to count on you to say what I'd like to. And I'm betting you," she looks back to the rulers of Khatovar, "Don't have any more problems with the sentiment than I do." Her face turns more serious as she focuses purely on them, leaning forward to place her elbows on the table and interlace her fingers. "And I really appreciate your honesty. This is ... troubling." She sighs softly and then looks quizzically at the quartet before her. "I see you didn't like this great plan of Darro's, which I'm also grateful for. What did you tell him? What are your plans?" She glances at Leonis and quickly clarifies, "I mean, more immediate plans, rather than what you--or maybe we--might do to Drelev in the future."

OOC: Let's go with your councilors not having been informed yet, but you'll do so after the meeting with Magra (unless some compelling reason not to do so comes up)
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Various interactions (after Darro's visit)   Various interactions (after Darro's visit) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 9:11 am

Moselin:
Ooc:this meeting is before Darro?

Being happy with the comments and news Moselin gives, "I am happy to hear we are doing well for the Wardens, and other inhabitants of this area." When hearing about Aundair, "Aundair is tricky for sure. They are large and want these lands. They are concerned with that and not too much else. They sent us here to rule and we plan on ruling here as long as the inhabitants let us rule and we will attempt to keep Aundairs influence to a minimum. What does that mean- if we can let them have ownership" and Leonis holds his fingers up in quotes. "Of these lands and keep their direct influence out then that may work. With a nation as powerful as Aundair we want to make sure we don't annoy them too much...their army is strong and could wage havoc on all things in this area. I think a balance can be worked out where aundair can enlarge their map, but let the residents here do as they please. As long as that happens I dont care much about a piece of paper. What are your thoughts?"

Magra

"No we hate the bastard too, though I wouldn't mind owning his spellbook. Rowan really hates him, but its a personal thing." Grinning, "his plans don't really work for us. We were hoping to live here in peace and prosperity. For now we will continue to grow, including our defenses. We want a bigger army, just in case Drelev gets dumber then he already is and needs a spanking. We also wanted to include you in these plans and see if we can rope in our neighbors to the north...Darro is definitely planning to attack them. We do have some caravan traders who are being attacked in Aundair, and I don't think it's bandits. So that will take our immediate concern. What do you plan?"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Various interactions (after Darro's visit)   Various interactions (after Darro's visit) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 11:27 am

Leonis wrote:
Moselin:
Ooc:this meeting is before Darro?

No, this happens after you meet with Darro.

Mike, did you want to add anything, or should I provide the responses to Leonis?
Back to top Go down
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Various interactions (after Darro's visit)   Various interactions (after Darro's visit) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 4:01 pm

I do have responses, but they'll have to wait until I get to a proper keyboard.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Various interactions (after Darro's visit)   Various interactions (after Darro's visit) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 4:45 pm

Rowan wrote:
I do have responses, but they'll have to wait until I get to a proper keyboard.

No problem. I'll wait.
Back to top Go down
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Various interactions (after Darro's visit)   Various interactions (after Darro's visit) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 5:09 pm

Admin wrote:
"We don't really do, er, pacts or treaties," he says, in response to Leonis' suggestion about such things, "But if you wish, I can tell the other Wardens that you welcome them. I'm sure over time some more of them will move back into this area, and they won't need treaties and promises to be helpful to you in times of need. I mean, there are already a few Wardens who live in your lands, simply because these are their homes and they never left when the others did. And I'll admit a few have passed through, because we have been curious about your development and future plans. Tell me - do you hope to make this your own realm and rule as long as you can and pass it on to your successors? Or do you plan, as some say, to claim this land for Aundair?"
"We do hope to make this our own realm, and pass it on to our successors when the time comes. But as Leonis said, the politics are complicated. We would probably owe some allegiance to Aundair. I don't think Aundair much cares what happens on the ground here, as long as it's a stable border and not "owned" by a rival nation. The last time Aundair tried to control this land directly, it..." at this, she smiles wolfishly, "ended poorly for them. I don't think they'll make that mistake again."

MAGRA VARN:

leonis wrote:
"No we hate the bastard too, though I wouldn't mind owning his spellbook. Rowan really hates him, but its a personal thing."
<tries to kill Leonis with her brain>

Note to self: Learn the Silent Spell feat so I can use Suggestion: STFU! without outward spellcasting.

Quote :
Grinning, "his plans don't really work for us. We were hoping to live here in peace and prosperity. For now we will continue to grow, including our defenses. We want a bigger army, just in case Drelev gets dumber then he already is and needs a spanking. We also wanted to include you in these plans and see if we can rope in our neighbors to the north...Darro is definitely planning to attack them. We do have some caravan traders who are being attacked in Aundair, and I don't think it's bandits. So that will take our immediate concern. What do you plan?"
OOC: I don't think if I mentioned this before, but Rowan would have written a carefully worded letter to Darro about this bandit attack. Written in such a way that it's implied that both Rowan and he know the cause of it, so would he please do something against these bandits? That way, if he knows or suspects it's Hannis making the attacks, he'll think Rowan knows too.

Rowan adds to Leonis' comments, "We have no intention to allow his plan to happen, and we suggested certain alternatives to him. Darro seemed genuinely surprised that we weren't happy to just be paid off and leave these lands to Hannis Drelev's tender mercies. So we suggested alternatives. But we have to walk a tightrope, diplomatically. I don't know if Darro would accept anything other than Hannis Drelev's hegemony over all these lands." She pauses slightly. "I'm sure you've heard the rumors about Drelev's parentage."

"We wanted to meet with you to let you know of these... machinations" Rowan says with distaste. "And also suggest that together we can do something about it. Certainly the alliance we've already discussed would be beneficial. But even beyond that, I think we could all benefit from merging our realms into a coherent whole. We would have a unified front against Darro, and would also have additional forces to take against other problems, like if the centaurs attack again."

(I'm assuming that we're condensing our conversation a bit. In reality it would probably take hours, but we're not going to type out hours of dialogue here. Rowan wouldn't suggest the idea of unification so quickly otherwise.)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Various interactions (after Darro's visit)   Various interactions (after Darro's visit) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 6:48 pm

MOSELIN:

Moselin smiles at the responses from Rowan and Leonis, looking pleased at them. "I'm happy to hear that. Naturally, in view of what happened over the last few years, the Wardens--and others in this area--are a little suspicious of Aundair. And though," he glances at Leonis, "It may start with a piece of paper, it never ends there. We've experienced what Aundair does to its land and we have no intention of seeing that again." He pauses thoughtfully and then says, "I can't speak for everyone among the Wardens, leave alone all of these lands, but I'd think that the Wardens would have no problems with you ruling here as long as you continue as you have begun and do not let Aundair encroach into it again. And if that is what you do, then you will have the aid of our people ... not as an organization or an army, of course, but as individuals who choose to live here and help protect their lands."

After having discussed anything else that they need to about the subject, Moselin accompanies the rulers of Khatovar to the new park, which he consecrates in the name of the Wardens of the Wood. Then, unless there is anything new to discuss, he takes his leave. Before he does so, however, he says, "There's one thing you should be careful of. From what I've heard, there are many of the Ashbound who are unhappy about the new kingdoms arising in the Reaches, including yours. And the Children of Winter are stirring again and traveling outside the Deep Reaches. The ending of the Mournland," he smiles thinly, "Seems to have upset them. The Wardens cannot control either sect's actions, but we will restrain them where we may. I just thought I should warn you to be careful too."

OOC: The Ashbound are an extreme druidic order, who consider all arcane and divine magic (outside of druidic magic) to be "unnatural". They seek to protect all wilderness and consider even common agriculture to be outside the natural balance. They prefer to avoid bloodshed, but the more severe elements within the order are not above terroristic attacks to make their point. The Children of Winter are the darkest of Khorvaire's druidic traditions and seek to cleanse the land of the blight of civilization through death. They believe the end of the current age is at hand and often will endeavor to help it along, believing that the fittest will survive to repopulate in the new spring that is to follow the coming winter. They considered the Mournland a sign of the end times.

MAGRA VARN:

Magra listens very intently to the opinions and proposals from the rulers of Khatovar, all three of her companions doing so as well though they say nothing. Helas does seem about to say something when Rowan mentions merging the two realms, but restrains herself.

When Magra does respond, she is clearly being very careful in choosing her words. "Yes, I'd heard about the ... connection between Darro and Hannis Drelev. That explains his support for the man which, from his military reputation, there doesn't seem to be good reason for. As for ... the other things - at this point, I think planning to merge our realms is probably looking ... a little too far ahead. There would be many obvious issues, such as how we would achieve it and who would actually end up ruling the combined realms. But right now I would ... rather focus on working as allies and cementing the stability of our respective lands ... and then revisiting this option. I'd certainly be willing to provide military aid and whatever else we can if Drelev invades your territory."

It's fairly evident that Magra is both grateful about the revelation of what Darro wants and relieved about Khatovar's attitude, but it's also evident that she's a little skeptical about the idea of merging the realms. She seems to be trying to not reject it out of hand, presumably so as not to give offense or burn any bridges.

Leonis wrote:
"No we hate the bastard too, though I wouldn't mind owning his spellbook. Rowan really hates him, but its a personal thing."

Rowan wrote:
<tries to kill Leonis with her brain>

Note to self: Learn the Silent Spell feat so I can use Suggestion: STFU! without outward spellcasting.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Quote :
OOC: I don't think if I mentioned this before, but Rowan would have written a carefully worded letter to Darro about this bandit attack. Written in such a way that it's implied that both Rowan and he know the cause of it, so would he please do something against these bandits? That way, if he knows or suspects it's Hannis making the attacks, he'll think Rowan knows too.

Diplomatic passive-aggressiveness! Very nice.

Quote :
(I'm assuming that we're condensing our conversation a bit. In reality it would probably take hours, but we're not going to type out hours of dialogue here. Rowan wouldn't suggest the idea of unification so quickly otherwise.)

Right. I was working with that assumption as well.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Various interactions (after Darro's visit)   Various interactions (after Darro's visit) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 7:08 pm

Admin wrote:
They considered the Mournland a sign of the end times.

I think the children of winter need to pick up a Sharn INquistor. The Mournland is no longer mourning Smile

Admin wrote:
MAGRA VARN:
"I'd certainly be willing to provide military aid and whatever else we can if Drelev invades your territory."

It's fairly evident that Magra is both grateful about the revelation of what Darro wants and relieved about Khatovar's attitude, but it's also evident that she's a little skeptical about the idea of merging the realms. She seems to be trying to not reject it out of hand, presumably so as not to give offense or burn any bridges.

"I don't think we would need to merge our realms, maybe in the far future, but not for now at the very least. Open communications, however, is important. We are working on alliances on all fronts. What of your neighbor to the north? Do you have positive communications with him? He is also a target."

OOC: Do we have a spare communication amulet? If we have one more available we could provide it to Magra. Leonis will offer it if we do--- fast communication in time of need is so important.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Various interactions (after Darro's visit)   Various interactions (after Darro's visit) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Various interactions (after Darro's visit)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next