Shil's Eberron Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shil's Eberron Game

Private board for a 3.5e D&D Eberron game

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Treasure from Burning Keep

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2006-09-11

Treasure from Burning Keep Empty
PostSubject: Treasure from Burning Keep   Treasure from Burning Keep Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2006 7:57 pm

Based on Nameless's Detect Magic and the auras, you figure that you have:

Gauntlets of Ogre Power +2
Cloak of Resistance +3
Mithral Chain Shirt +1
Boots of Striding and Springing
Ring of Protection +2

The items that you aren't sure of:
Vest - faint illusion
Belt - faint evocation
Ring - strong (no school)

For the latter items, trying them on may reveal what they do. Anyone doing so?
Back to top Go down
https://eberrongame.forumotion.com
Leonis

Number of posts : 746

PostSubject: Re: Treasure from Burning Keep   Treasure from Burning Keep Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2006 9:29 pm

I could use the ring of protection +2....for me to raise my armor class is extremely expensive.
Especially since I would like to trade my armor in for Mithril Full plate (so i can sleep in it which would come in handy since shil loves to throw stuff at us at night)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Treasure from Burning Keep   Treasure from Burning Keep Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2006 9:37 pm

Gareth wrote:
I could use the ring of protection +2....for me to raise my armor class is extremely expensive.

Just remember that it won't stack with your Magic Circle from Evil or your Shield of Faith (which now actually provides a +3 bonus).

Quote :
Especially since I would like to trade my armor in for Mithril Full plate (so i can sleep in it which would come in handy since shil loves to throw stuff at us at night)

Yeah, yeah - just be glad you've had a lot of people jump you guys after you prepare spells in the morning, rather than before.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Treasure from Burning Keep   Treasure from Burning Keep Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2006 9:56 pm

Thats why...I have noticed that there are a lot of fights where we do not have time to prep. A ring of +2 ac is always on...so if i have a chance to cast shield of faith great, but if not then this is a great option.

Sides...when you give us 1-2 rounds to cast spells, I would rather do divine favor, magic circle vs evil (helps saves, resist being possessed, touched by evil outsiders and helps the entire group).
Back to top Go down
Luna

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2006-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Treasure from Burning Keep   Treasure from Burning Keep Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2006 10:07 pm

Can I actually use any of this stuff?
Like -what is ring "strong"
does it make you strong?
Can I use ogre bracers?
Or boots of springing?
THat sounds fun!
Back to top Go down
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Treasure from Burning Keep   Treasure from Burning Keep Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2006 10:09 pm

Can the hag do anything for us in the way of restorations?
Also - what was it we are coughing up to her?
Did we find it?
Back to top Go down
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Treasure from Burning Keep   Treasure from Burning Keep Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2006 10:10 pm

I'll try on the belt.
Do I look thinner?
Back to top Go down
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Treasure from Burning Keep   Treasure from Burning Keep Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2006 10:11 pm

I don't like that this posts my age!
I'm going to have to go in and fix that!
What's with that!

I only filled out my b-day info in case someone wanted to buy me something!
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Treasure from Burning Keep   Treasure from Burning Keep Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2006 10:14 pm

Admin wrote:
Based on Nameless's Detect Magic and the auras, you figure that you have:

Gauntlets of Ogre Power +2
Cloak of Resistance +3
Mithral Chain Shirt +1
Boots of Striding and Springing
Ring of Protection +2

Whoops, missed the 3 items we didn't identify...I will hold off the "I want" until we know more.

Julia - Just remove your age from your profile, that hsould fix it.
I do not think you would be able to use mithral chain shirt or gauntlets of ogre power (aren't they metal gauntlets). But shil can confirm.
Back to top Go down
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Treasure from Burning Keep   Treasure from Burning Keep Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2006 10:19 pm

Oh, I guess we did find the amulet the hag wanted.
Did we identify what it did before we went back?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Treasure from Burning Keep   Treasure from Burning Keep Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2006 10:25 pm

Luna wrote:
Can I actually use any of this stuff?
Like -what is ring "strong"
does it make you strong?
Can I use ogre bracers?
Or boots of springing?
THat sounds fun!

You can use almost all of them, but everything other than the rings would meld into your form when wildshaped.

The "strong" refers to the aura that Nameless detected.

Quote :
Can the hag do anything for us in the way of restorations?
Also - what was it we are coughing up to her?
Did we find it?

Maybe. Nobody's asked her. Go ahead and post in the other thread and do so.

You're supposed to give her the amulet you found.

Quote :
I'll try on the belt.
Do I look thinner?

Hah! Alas, you don't look thinner.

You do, however, have exactly the same feeling in your fists that you get when you cast Greater Magic Fang on yourself. After discussing it with Nameless, you figure that it's a Belt version of the Amulet of Mighty Fists, which basically gives all of your natural weapons an enhancement bonus.

When you experiment with it (this being Luna, after all!), you find that when you wear it and wildshape, it remains active and changes to look like a dark strip of hair (or feathers, as a bird) encircling your midriff. Also, it has a +2 bonus.

Advantage: You can wear and benefit from it while wildshaped. Disadvantage: It's active, though camouflaged, so someone casting Detect Magic would pick up the aura (of course, since Luna usually has a Greater Magic Fang and a Mage Armor from Nameless, they'd detect it anyway).
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Treasure from Burning Keep   Treasure from Burning Keep Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2006 10:26 pm

Luna wrote:
Oh, I guess we did find the amulet the hag wanted.
Did we identify what it did before we went back?

Nope. Just the strong auras.
Back to top Go down
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Treasure from Burning Keep   Treasure from Burning Keep Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2006 10:43 pm

Awesome! I wants it!!!!:-)
Back to top Go down
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Treasure from Burning Keep   Treasure from Burning Keep Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2006 10:45 pm

I'll try on the other stuff to see what happens!

Also, I think I'll wait till Nameless stops playing w/ the hag before asking for healing and stuff. Best if she doesn't know we are in a weakened state while he's "negotiating"
Back to top Go down
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Treasure from Burning Keep   Treasure from Burning Keep Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2006 10:48 pm

Would the spell stack with the belt?
Back to top Go down
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Treasure from Burning Keep   Treasure from Burning Keep Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2006 10:50 pm

Now that I can be tiny - I can turn into a tiny shrew and give a vicious +2 nip! :-)
Back to top Go down
Nameless

Number of posts : 307

PostSubject: Re: Treasure from Burning Keep   Treasure from Burning Keep Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2006 11:39 pm

Shil, the 24 hour clock means everyone should be making their rolls at slightly different times. We have two +3 cloaks of resistance including the one Nameless already has. Can we pass them around to help people make their saves.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Treasure from Burning Keep   Treasure from Burning Keep Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2006 12:03 am

Nameless wrote:
Shil, the 24 hour clock means everyone should be making their rolls at slightly different times. We have two +3 cloaks of resistance including the one Nameless already has. Can we pass them around to help people make their saves.

The time difference is too small for that to be an option. But it might not be necessary, depending on how things go with Vraria. Let's see.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Treasure from Burning Keep   Treasure from Burning Keep Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2006 12:05 am

Luna wrote:

I should hope so. I just pulled it out of my ass of holding Laughing

BTW, did I mention that it's worth a cool 24,000 gp?

Quote :
I'll try on the other stuff to see what happens!

Why am I not surprised? Okay, here goes:

With the ring, you feel no effect whatsoever. Whatever it is, you'll need to know what it is to activate it.

The vest, however, is obvious as soon as you try messing around with it. It makes you more difficult to detect. In short, gives a +5 competence bonus to Hide.

Quote :
Also, I think I'll wait till Nameless stops playing w/ the hag before asking for healing and stuff. Best if she doesn't know we are in a weakened state while he's "negotiating"

Fair enough, but one look at you guys tells someone with a trained eye that you look the worse for wear. You're all a little paler than you were this morning, for one.

Quote :
Would the spell stack with the belt?

Nope. They're both enhancement bonuses, and similar bonuses don't stack.
Back to top Go down
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Treasure from Burning Keep   Treasure from Burning Keep Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2006 12:14 am

Very cool vest!
I try and hide under the furniture! :-)
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Treasure from Burning Keep   Treasure from Burning Keep Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2006 12:39 am

Luna wrote:

Wnats what
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Treasure from Burning Keep   Treasure from Burning Keep Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2006 12:41 am

Gareth wrote:
Luna wrote:

Wnats what

The belt.
Back to top Go down
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Treasure from Burning Keep   Treasure from Burning Keep Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2006 4:16 am

I could be very tiny and hide and then leap and out and give a viscious backstabbing nip that they would never forget! That would be cool! Not as good as being huge... but fun none the less!!
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Treasure from Burning Keep   Treasure from Burning Keep Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2006 10:01 am

Luna wrote:
I could be very tiny and hide and then leap and out and give a viscious backstabbing nip that they would never forget! That would be cool! Not as good as being huge... but fun none the less!!

I think we've all established (someone with an Int score of 3 could do so) that Luna's butt precludes her from being in the same sentence (or even zip code) as they words "very tiny".....even Wildshape has it's limitations! Twisted Evil
lol!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Treasure from Burning Keep   Treasure from Burning Keep Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2006 6:58 pm

Gareth wrote:
I think we've all established (someone with an Int score of 3 could do so) that Luna's butt precludes her from being in the same sentence (or even zip code) as they words "very tiny".....even Wildshape has it's limitations! Twisted Evil
lol!

*quickly and quietly steps far enough away from Avi that a Flame Strike won't reach me*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Treasure from Burning Keep   Treasure from Burning Keep Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Treasure from Burning Keep
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next