Shil's Eberron Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shil's Eberron Game

Private board for a 3.5e D&D Eberron game

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Buffs and stuff before the final fight

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2006-09-11

Buffs and stuff before the final fight Empty
PostSubject: Buffs and stuff before the final fight   Buffs and stuff before the final fight Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 8:47 pm

Since you have 10 rounds to use before the final battle, please post what you're doing during this period. Also, please post a list of your remaining prepared spells for the battle once you've cast the buffs.

You can't do anything during this period which affects the space outside the five of you or its contents, so you can't (for example) put up a prismatic sphere around you. You can cast spells on other PCs, however.

Remember that this is equivalent to 10 rounds of "real" game-world time, so if you decide to use items or spells or abilities which take longer than a round to manifest, they will take that much time. So, obviously, you can't use anything which would take longer than 1 minute to activate, since that would take 10 rounds.

Also, the 10 rounds do count against your spell/item durations, so if you cast something in, for example, round 3, when the battle begins it has lost 7 rds from its duration (over rounds 4-10).

Let me know if you have any questions.
Back to top Go down
https://eberrongame.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Luna   Buffs and stuff before the final fight Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 8:58 pm

Since she's unlikely to do it, I'm posting Luna's actions during the buffing period here:

Rd 1 - Cast Mass Death Ward on group
Rd 2 - Cast Foresight on self
Rd 3 - Cast Foresight on Gareth
Rd 4 - Cast Freedom of Movement on self
Rd 5 - Cast True Seeing on self
Rd 6 - Cast Mind Blank on self
Rd 7 - Cast Mind Blank on Korm
Rd 8 - Cast Mind Blank on Nameless
Rd 9 - Cast Sheltered Vitality on self
Rd 10 - Wildshape into huge earth elemental and draw scimitar

As you can see, Luna has one free round. Does anyone want her to cast Mind Blank or Sheltered Vitality on them?

Last edited by Admin on Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:19 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rowan

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2006-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Buffs and stuff before the final fight   Buffs and stuff before the final fight Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 9:11 pm

Shil, can I use the Shapechange spell in the final battle? Using the Pathfinder version, to save our sanity from the book-flipping.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Buffs and stuff before the final fight   Buffs and stuff before the final fight Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 9:36 pm

Korm'akhan wrote:
Shil, can I use the Shapechange spell in the final battle? Using the Pathfinder version, to save our sanity from the book-flipping.

Even if we use the Pathfinder version, there'd be crazy amounts of book-flipping if you were shifting forms (and we'll already have more than enough of that with the myriad options on the table). I'll consider allowing you to use it to pick one form from among the ones allowed by the Pathfinder list. What did you have in mind?
Back to top Go down
Leonis

Number of posts : 746

PostSubject: Re: Buffs and stuff before the final fight   Buffs and stuff before the final fight Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 9:54 pm

Since I have another round I will cast something else. Tbd.

Btw does enlarge stack with righteous might for double growth?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Buffs and stuff before the final fight   Buffs and stuff before the final fight Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 9:55 pm

Gareth wrote:
Btw does enlarge stack with righteous might for double growth?

Nope.
Back to top Go down
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Buffs and stuff before the final fight   Buffs and stuff before the final fight Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 10:40 pm

Admin wrote:
Korm'akhan wrote:

Even if we use the Pathfinder version, there'd be crazy amounts of book-flipping if you were shifting forms (and we'll already have more than enough of that with the myriad options on the table). I'll consider allowing you to use it to pick one form from among the ones allowed by the Pathfinder list. What did you have in mind?
Maybe a storm giant, or war troll.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Buffs and stuff before the final fight   Buffs and stuff before the final fight Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 10:58 pm

Korm'akhan wrote:
Maybe a storm giant, or war troll.

Go with the storm giant. Take your 20th level in druid and we'll let this ability to use Shapechange the one time replaces his normal aspect abilities.
Back to top Go down
Nameless

Number of posts : 307

PostSubject: dd   Buffs and stuff before the final fight Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 11:54 pm

Buff list
>> 1) Gutsnake
>> 2) Analyze Dewomer
>> 3) Aspect (move), Armor of Xoriat
>> 4) Moment of Prescience
>> 5) Foresight
>> 6) Haste
>> 7) Shield
>> Cool GMA
>> 9) Protection from Spells
>> 10) Spell Turning

If Luna could Mindblank Nameless, that would be helpful and free up both a spell and a buff slot.

[Bracketed Numbers are Cast spells]

1st
1 Enlarge Person
1 Grease
[1] 1 Shield
3 True Strike
2nd
1 Glitterdust
2 Repair Moderate Damage
2 Scorching Ray
2 Sting Ray
3rd
1 Haste
3 Protection from Energy
3 Slow
4th
1 Globe of Invulnerability, Lesser
5 Orb of Cold
1 Repair Critical Damage
1 Solid Fog
5th
3 Stone to Mud
[1] 1 Break Enchantment
1 Gutsnake
6th
1 Reciprocal Gyre
1 Acid Fog
[1] Analyze Dweomer
1 Antimagic Field
2 Disintegrate
1 True Seeing
7th
2 Forcecage
2 Limited Wish
[1] Spell Turning
2 Stun Ray
8th
1 Mind Blank
[1] 1 Moment of Prescience
1 Polar Ray
[1] Protection from Spells
9th
[1] Foresight
1 Prismatic Sphere
1 Sphere of Ultimate Destruction
1 Wish
2 Hellball

Last edited by Nameless on Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Buffs and stuff before the final fight   Buffs and stuff before the final fight Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 12:06 am

Nameless wrote:
>> 7) Shield (quickened), Contingency (Mord's Transformation)

You can't use Contingency, since it takes 10 minutes to cast.

Quote :
9) Protection from Spells

You can actually cast that on everyone in the party, since it can affect up to one creature touched per 4 levels.

Quote :
If Luna could Mindblank Nameless, that would be helpful and free up both a spell and a buff slot.

Okay. I'll add that to her "to do" list

Quote :
Perinarch, Planar

Nameless would know that won't be any help here. This place is beyond the control of any spells, including the most powerful. It's only the soul energy which works for changing things within the sphere and even that's very temporary.
Back to top Go down
Nameless

PostSubject: Re: Buffs and stuff before the final fight   Buffs and stuff before the final fight Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 12:24 am

Admin wrote:
Nameless wrote:
>> 7) Shield (quickened), Contingency (Mord's Transformation)

You can't use Contingency, since it takes 10 minutes to cast.

DUOH!

Admin wrote:
Quote :
9) Protection from Spells

You can actually cast that on everyone in the party, since it can affect up to one creature touched per 4 levels.

Cool, basically, it means everyone will get an additional +2 on their saves vs spells. Does that include stuff done with the Energy Manipulation?

Admin wrote:
Quote :
Perinarch, Planar

Nameless would know that won't be any help here. This place is beyond the control of any spells, including the most powerful. It's only the soul energy which works for changing things within the sphere and even that's very temporary.

It was YOUR suggestion!

I'll take another Hellball and bump the Contingency down to a Stun Ray. I'll keep the Break Enchantment as is. I'm not going to burn the Limited Wish ahead of time as well then. I've changed the spells prepared to reflect this.

Last edited by Nameless on Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Buffs and stuff before the final fight   Buffs and stuff before the final fight Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 12:27 am

Nameless wrote:
Cool, basically, it means everyone will get an additional +2 on their saves vs spells. Does that include stuff done with the Energy Manipulation?

Yeah. Theoretically it shouldn't, since that's effectively a supernatural ability you guys all have while in there, but tracking it separately would be a pain, so it applies.

Admin wrote:
I'll take another Hellball and bump the Contingency down to a Stun Ray. I'll keep the Break Enchantment as is.

Sure. Just remember Stun Ray won't work on critters with electricity resistance, which both of these guys might have.
Back to top Go down
Nameless

PostSubject: dfsdf   Buffs and stuff before the final fight Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 12:38 am

Admin wrote:
Sure. Just remember Stun Ray won't work on critters with electricity resistance, which both of these guys might have.

Well we know Aunty has it, since it's part of the standard resistances for aberrations. I thought we had agreed that against creatures with Electrical Resistance just had a reduced effect, since as written resistance had absolutely no effect on it, which doesn't really make sense. Creatures that are immune to electricity are immune to the spell though.

I am really getting to hate this board. It keeps telling me "no post mode specified" which is stupid and then if you go back it wipes my post.
Back to top Go down
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Buffs and stuff before the final fight   Buffs and stuff before the final fight Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 1:50 am

Here's Korm's 10 rounds.

1 Prayer Bead of Karma
2 Mind Blank
3 Freedom of Movement
4 Stone Body
5 Sheltered Vitality
6 Shapechange into Storm Giant
7 Fire Seeds, & enter Flame's Blessing stance
8 Fire Seeds, & activate greater blurring armor
9 Vampiric Touch (cast into his sword)
10 Divine Favor, & quickened activate Hex (what the hell)

I could use a Mind Blank from Luna, since it would enable me to prepare another Limited Wish or Horrid Wilting. OTOH, Luna might be best off using her last round to start casting an empowered Firestorm.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

Number of posts : 746

PostSubject: Re: Buffs and stuff before the final fight   Buffs and stuff before the final fight Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 2:34 am

How about one of our druids cast Aura of Vitality. Maybe Luna? 7th level spell gives all group members +4 Morale to Str, Con, Dex
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Buffs and stuff before the final fight   Buffs and stuff before the final fight Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 6:17 am

Nameless wrote:
Well we know Aunty has it, since it's part of the standard resistances for aberrations. I thought we had agreed that against creatures with Electrical Resistance just had a reduced effect, since as written resistance had absolutely no effect on it, which doesn't really make sense. Creatures that are immune to electricity are immune to the spell though.

Okay. Against creatures with electricity resistance it has a 1 round duration.

Quote :
I am really getting to hate this board. It keeps telling me "no post mode specified" which is stupid and then if you go back it wipes my post.

Interesting. I've never seen that before. Must be part of the joys of being an Admin.

Korm'akhan wrote:
Here's Korm's 10 rounds.

1 Prayer Bead of Karma
2 Mind Blank
3 Freedom of Movement
4 Stone Body
5 Sheltered Vitality
6 Shapechange into Storm Giant
7 Fire Seeds, & enter Flame's Blessing stance
8 Fire Seeds, & activate greater blurring armor
9 Vampiric Touch (cast into his sword)
10 Divine Favor, & quickened activate Hex (what the hell)

Very Happy

Quote :
I could use a Mind Blank from Luna, since it would enable me to prepare another Limited Wish or Horrid Wilting. OTOH, Luna might be best off using her last round to start casting an empowered Firestorm.

Okay, she'll give you a Mind Blank. Then she's got a good excuse to spend the fight casting spells and pounding on the enemies, since she's given you guys lots of buffs.

BTW, are Stone Body, Divine Favor and Limited Wish all spells you're getting from the Hexer bonus spells? You get 5 and had already picked up Contingency, Greater Blink, and Horrid Wilting, so you'd only get two of them.

Gareth wrote:
How about one of our druids cast Aura of Vitality. Maybe Luna? 7th level spell gives all group members +4 Morale to Str, Con, Dex

I'm not allowing that spell.

Anyway, even if I had, you wouldn't be able to benefit from it, since it's a morale bonus and you're all Mind-Blanked.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Buffs and stuff before the final fight   Buffs and stuff before the final fight Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 6:22 am

And here's Luna's list of spells prepared, after she's cast all the buffs:

Spells (DC 21 + spell lvl); Prepared (15/8/8/8/7/7/6/6/5/5/):
1st – Cure Light Wounds (x2), Faerie Fire (x2), Longstrider, Pass Without Trace, Produce Flame (x2)
2nd – Fog Cloud, Lesser Restoration (x2), Resist Energy (x4) + 1
3rd – Call Lightning, Cure Moderate Wounds (x2), Poison, Protection from Energy (x4)
4th – Arc of Lightning, Dispel Magic, Flame Strike, Freedom of Movement, Sheltered Vitality
5th: Control Winds, Death Ward (x3), Envigorating Cocoon (x3)
6th: Mass Cure Light Wounds, Cometfall (x2), Greater Dispel Magic (x3)
7th: Firestorm, Heal (x4)
8th: Bombardment (x2)
9th: Mass Cure Critical (x2)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buffs and stuff before the final fight   Buffs and stuff before the final fight Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Buffs and stuff before the final fight
Page 1 of 1