Shil's Eberron Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shil's Eberron Game

Private board for a 3.5e D&D Eberron game

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Leonis

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2006-09-11

OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness Empty
PostSubject: OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness   OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 12:03 pm

So here is a place for really OOC OOC stuff. Not like rules questions in game, or directly to the game - just really inane stuff.

So to start off:

Brunt (the big dragon) says that he drank the blood of a balor. Brunt's also tasted the blood of an orc - so its not like "big whoop" and pretty sure that korm has drank the blood of a daelkyr.

Given that - what would happen if we drank the blood of a balor that we just killed?

And since eberron has been attacked by groups other then aberrations (thats a big part of eberron) - will we eventually deal with the more traditional crazy mobs (like fighting off the creatures of the abyss)? Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299

PostSubject: Re: OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness   OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 3:25 pm

Gareth wrote:
Brunt (the big dragon) says that he drank the blood of a balor. Brunt's also tasted the blood of an orc - so its not like "big whoop" and pretty sure that korm has drank the blood of a daelkyr.

He didn't mention anything about orc. And Korm hasn't done daelkyr yet, though I'm sure he would given half a chance.

Quote :
Given that - what would happen if we drank the blood of a balor that we just killed?

Heartburn. Eeeeevil heartburn.

Quote :
And since eberron has been attacked by groups other then aberrations (thats a big part of eberron) - will we eventually deal with the more traditional crazy mobs (like fighting off the creatures of the abyss)? Smile

Who knows? I barely know what's going to happen one session or two later, let alone well into the future. It's possible, even though we don't do very traditional stuff in this game.

*looks around the collection of PCs*

No, I think we killed traditional and animated its corpse to use as a pinata.
Back to top Go down
https://eberrongame.forumotion.com
Six of Six

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Re: OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness   OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 5:03 pm

RBDM strikes again. News at 11.

We have access to a city in Argonnessen, Io'lokar with non dragons in it. Who knew? NOBODY! and thats the point. The ammount of money to be made by just selling their poop is mind boggling. But we can't partake because of some stupid daelkyr lords threatening to destroy our customer base. On the bright side, this whole situtation probably won't try to possess us.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness   OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 5:07 pm

Six of Six wrote:

We have access to a city in Argonnessen, Io'lokar with non dragons in it. Who knew? NOBODY! and thats the point. The ammount of money to be made by just selling their poop is mind boggling. But we can't partake because of some stupid daelkyr lords threatening to destroy our customer base. On the bright side, this whole situtation probably won't try to possess us.

So it's our job to stomp out the barriers to market entry. Kill the daelkyr (or bribe them like all gov't officials) and we are good to go.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness   OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 7:48 pm

Six of Six wrote:

[John Paul Jones]I have not yet begun to be a bastard.[/Jones]

Quote :
We have access to a city in Argonnessen, Io'lokar with non dragons in it. Who knew? NOBODY! and thats the point. The ammount of money to be made by just selling their poop is mind boggling. But we can't partake because of some stupid daelkyr lords threatening to destroy our customer base.

Oh, just wait till you actually get there and see the place. It'll be ... interesting.

BTW, it's probably unnecessary (but when did that ever stop me?), but let me mention that I really have no plan at all for where you guys are going next or what you're about to do. I figured I'd just use the dragon to throw out some interesting options and just roll with whatever the heck you decide to do. As you've seen, there are potential benefits and significant risks in all choices. So just do whatever the heck sounds more reasonable to your PC and/or more fun as a player. If you want to find Io'lokar and make it a kind of home base before checking other areas, go ahead. If you want to take off to Khesavuthir instead, that's fine. If you want to say "Screw these dragons!" and go back to Khorvaire and focus on a miliary response to the daelkyr, no problem.

Quote :
On the bright side, this whole situtation probably won't try to possess us.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness   OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 7:56 pm

i would vote for a quick stop in that town - but as we know - even without a dm sub plot there is never quick. So lets just go for the cool stuff Very Happy

We dont really need a town except for possible information (and the brunt said nobody really knows about some of these places) and items - and right now we are pretty good on items.
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness   OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 1:44 am

Stopping at the city was to get a base camp to explore Argonessen. I don't believe regular teleport can get us to any non-hostile place from here.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness   OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 1:48 am

Six of Six wrote:
Stopping at the city was to get a base camp to explore Argonessen. I don't believe regular teleport can get us to any non-hostile place from here.

If the town was close to where we are going then it would be a base camp, but since it is probably nowhere near close (though I think within teleport range as he said a couple hundred miles here and there) I think it will just serve as a chance for Shil to have us mugged. The Vast = no gnomes. Town = gnomes. See Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness   OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 1:50 am

Six of Six wrote:

Actually, with the visuals the dragon just mentally gave Nameless, he can Teleport you to near the city or the Tapestry, and to places from which you can head towards the Burning Tower or search for Khesavuthir. There'll be a mishap chance since they count as "Seen once". If he uses Greater Teleport then there's no mishap.

Gareth wrote:
If the town was close to where we are going then it would be a base camp, but since it is probably nowhere near close (though I think within teleport range as he said a couple hundred miles here and there) I think it will just serve as a chance for Shil to have us mugged. The Vast = no gnomes. Town = gnomes. See Smile

See above. And you guys do need some place to rest and sleep. Plus I can mug you anywhere Twisted Evil

P.S. All three of us up and posting at this time? Man, we need to get some sleep!
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness   OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 2:24 pm

Haha we all posted within 15 minutes at near 1AM.

Well we can rest anywhere (rope trick, mansion, etc) - so that is never a big issue for us.

I just know that if we stop in that city we won't be getting out anytime soon (unless it's with toe tags) so I figure we go for the big treasure troves Very Happy

Times like this make me wish I had Omar. He was so poised for his social skills he could probably con the dragon into giving us magic items Smile

So, anyway Gareth can ride a silver dragon? Come on Shil you know you want to. Gareth and a silver dragon frolicking together - straight out of the movies "I love you" "I love you more" "No I love you more" "No no i love you more", etc. etc.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness   OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 7:10 pm

Gareth wrote:
Well we can rest anywhere (rope trick, mansion, etc) - so that is never a big issue for us.

Yeah, but in a city you can (probably) wake up and step out and get breakfast (but not a paper) without being attacked.

Quote :
I just know that if we stop in that city we won't be getting out anytime soon (unless it's with toe tags) so I figure we go for the big treasure troves Very Happy

What, you haven't learned not to assume yet?

Quote :
Times like this make me wish I had Omar. He was so poised for his social skills he could probably con the dragon into giving us magic items Smile

Well, his Bluff would have been better than Gareth's, but he'd have had a hard time catching up in Diplomacy.

Quote :
So, anyway Gareth can ride a silver dragon? Come on Shil you know you want to. Gareth and a silver dragon frolicking together - straight out of the movies "I love you" "I love you more" "No I love you more" "No no i love you more", etc. etc.

You wish! And Lalia would rip the silver dragon's head off.

BTW, since John won't be there and I'll be NPCing Nameless, I'm pretty sure he would suggest that he Greater Teleport everyone to the city where you can find out what this place Io'lokar is, see if there's any information to be had about the seals, and see if you can't find more information about the other three locations. Then next morning, when everyone has all their spells and is completely prepared, he can transport you to whichever location (Tapestry, Khesavuthir, Burning Tower) you decide to go after.
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness   OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 10:11 am

RBDM strikes again part two. News at eleven.

Korm's pet huge Grey Render a, powerful fighter, limits our teleporting. This will mean more walking and encounters. Korm is probably happy about this.

BTW does the dragon army have speical equipment or ranks?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness   OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 10:29 am

Six of Six wrote:
RBDM strikes again part two. News at eleven.

Korm's pet huge Grey Render a, powerful fighter, limits our teleporting. This will mean more walking and encounters. Korm is probably happy about this.

If someone were highly paranoid (what was that word you coined for someone who's justified in being so?), they might imagine that I was brushing my teeth two hours ago and grinning to myself at precisely this thought.

But only if they were highly paranoid.

BTW, did I mention it's an advanced huge gray render with 16 HD and 264 hp, making it a 21st level cohort (16 HD +5 LA), or appropriate for a 23rd lvl character? Which the aforementioned paranoid person might translate as me sweetening the pot a little bit.

Quote :
BTW does the dragon army have speical equipment or ranks?

Yes. They have the following 8 ranks (ascending order of importance):

Soldier of Siberys
Lantern of Siberys
Guiding Light of Siberys
Beacon of Siberys
Radiance
Radiant Flame
Glorious Flame
Eternal Flame

And though dragons in general aren't that big on equipment, they do sometimes use some. Dragonkind in Argonessen has been hoarding items from the Age of Demons downwards, so there's lots of stuff sitting around, much of which the dragons can use themselves.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness   OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 10:43 am

Admin wrote:
BTW, did I mention it's an advanced huge gray render with 16 HD and 264 hp, making it a 21st level cohort (16 HD +5 LA), or appropriate for a 23rd lvl character? Which the aforementioned paranoid person might translate as me sweetening the pot a little bit.

And though dragons in general aren't that big on equipment, they do sometimes use some. Dragonkind in Argonessen has been hoarding items from the Age of Demons downwards, so there's lots of stuff sitting around, much of which the dragons can use themselves.

1) As I s aid before - Korm is the pet/cohort for the gray render

2) Six - get your slight of hand up so we can rob the dragons blind Smile Magic items from the Age of demons = dr00000l

Side note:

For those gems. Personally I do not think they are harmful - slightly powerful != bad. Given that. If we are comfortable using them for our home, then we are comfortable using them for anything else. While the argument of "we take responsibility into our own hands if we use them" and "what if they are balor eggs".. Well look at the seed issue and the mess we caused. And since these gems will be in our home - I am not keen at leaving 300+ balor eggs (or some other nasty) unattended - which is what they would be - especially near Gareths parents.

Given that. If we are comfortable using them for the home then we do so. Like all other magic items that can be split/evenly used between the group we split them up. Each person can use theirs as they need. I personally want, for my share, to have more research done on this. Once this has been exhausted as safe I will use some on my armor and the rest I will decide later what to do with.

-Avi
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Healing Suggestion   OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 10:56 am

Since some of us have shirts of the leech. And we tend to take tons of damage - where even the smallest of healing would help a lot - how about we get items of cure serious (I think thats the 4th level ones) wounds. So that way if someone gets injured someone else (who is outside of the battle, e.g. Nameless or Six) can cast the item on themselves, and then someone else in the group can leech it up.

It would just provide an extra way to heal - especially for those who normally can't heal people.
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness   OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 11:21 am

We can train the Render to use the torc of heroic sacrifice. We would need to put a magic mouth on the torc to activate it, but the beastie should be able to work it.

I was think use the gems for a home in Argonessen. Somewhere in the Vast or the ruined city Outcast. Frankly I'm not worried about the gems being harmful, as a group we are far beyond so simple a condition. As we go into epic stuff, our RBDM can be more RB-erly. The powerful things we get won't be cursed, or harmful but have a side effect that produces unintended consequences. As such I strong recommend we treat all such items as experimental. Puting the gems to use in a remote location that can be destoryed if need is what I had in mind. Don't put them on Gareth's armor.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness   OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 11:34 am

I don't think we should be looking to get a remote home in Argonesson just yet. This place is still brand spanking new to us, and so far our first encounter was very difficult. To be honest, in this place, the magnificent mansion is a great idea.

I am up for more research on the gems. Lets let Nameless research these some more. Again, not every item Shil gives us will have curses (negative side effects). I am ok with prudence - we are not hurting for cash or items that we can't wait a little bit longer - but at some point we will need to test things - so lets do that on a small scale e.g. Luna's necklace is testing those gems on a small scale. If after a few weeks nothing out of the ordinary happens due to the necklace then I would feel comfortable putting these on any of our houses and or selling them.

Put it this way, I would be more worried if Shil gave us a +1 sword then a powerful item. A powerful item is costly to make, so the bad guys may not want to waste their resources cursing them (or giving them hidden side effects which make them WAY more expensive), simple items are cheap - and still useful (e.g. adamantine dagger +1 is very useful for any adventurer as a crowbar type item).

I think these gems were made with the intention of hiding the seed/base - they were created for hiding something, not from the seed.

Also, at 1 cubic foot per gem, that is a LOT of space (50 gems = 125,000 Square feet - thats a fairly big factory sized space. Mansions are usually not that big).

EDIT: To help give some perspective, football field is 58,000 square feet. 50 gems = more then two football fields.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness   OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 2:35 pm

Six of Six wrote:
We can train the Render to use the torc of heroic sacrifice. We would need to put a magic mouth on the torc to activate it, but the beastie should be able to work it.

A gray render wouldn't be able to do it and a magic mouth can't activate a magic item either. Saying a command word is only a small aspect to activating a magic item. You also have to make a specific act of will to activate the specific item. Otherwise you could speak a series of command words in six seconds and activate a number of items. And with the Torc you actually have an additional choice to make, to activate it so as to take the damage someone is taking.

Gareth wrote:
Put it this way, I would be more worried if Shil gave us a +1 sword then a powerful item. A powerful item is costly to make, so the bad guys may not want to waste their resources cursing them (or giving them hidden side effects which make them WAY more expensive), simple items are cheap - and still useful (e.g. adamantine dagger +1 is very useful for any adventurer as a crowbar type item).

Don't assume all items are made the same way, especially items which come from seriously, well, aberrant sources, like from the daelkyr. A lot of their magic items are grown or crafted in other ways than regular item crafting.

And that reminded me of one thing I forgot to mention - Nameless thinks the 'gems' are actually organic in nature, so they're not like regular magical items (as if you didn't know that already). Luna and Korm would be able to confirm that they're a strange mix of plant, animal and mineral - and not quite any one. They don't seem to be sentient.

Quote :
Also, at 1 cubic foot per gem, that is a LOT of space (50 gems = 125,000 Square feet - thats a fairly big factory sized space. Mansions are usually not that big).

EDIT: To help give some perspective, football field is 58,000 square feet. 50 gems = more then two football fields.

You're getting the dimensions wrong, partly because you're conflating cubic (i.e. 3-D) dimensions and square (2-D) dimensions. 50 gems will create a non-detection area 50 feet long, 50 feet wide and 50 feet high. That's 125,000 cubic feet, but the base area is 2500 square feet, which is much smaller. 333 gems, one the other hand, would cover 333 feet x 333 feet x 333 feet, so the base area would be larger than a football field.
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness   OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 6:03 pm

Admin wrote:
Six of Six wrote:

A gray render wouldn't be able to do it and a magic mouth can't activate a magic item either. Saying a command word is only a small aspect to activating a magic item. You also have to make a specific act of will to activate the specific item. Otherwise you could speak a series of command words in six seconds and activate a number of items. And with the Torc you actually have an additional choice to make, to activate it so as to take the damage someone is taking.

Eh. I was hoping for a extra special beastie.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness   OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 6:45 pm

Six of Six wrote:
Eh. I was hoping for a extra special beastie.

The render thinks Korm's a druid. So it's clearly very, very special. Anybody want to check its head for blunt trauma?
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness   OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 11:53 pm

In an effort to add a new word covering a subject we have direct experience with. Veremetia noun: (latin vere = real, metus = fear) Fear and anxiety when something is actually there. The combat journalist had a deep sense of veremetia has he walked into the hastily cleared minefield.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness   OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 1:08 am

Six of Six wrote:
In an effort to add a new word covering a subject we have direct experience with. Veremetia noun: (latin vere = real, metus = fear) Fear and anxiety when something is actually there. The combat journalist had a deep sense of veremetia has he walked into the hastily cleared minefield.

Nice word. And I just remembered what we came up with last time. We just removed the "para" and were left with "noia". When you have "noia", then I really am out to get you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness   OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OOC OOC Stuff - A place for our craziness
Page 1 of 1