Shil's Eberron Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shil's Eberron Game

Private board for a 3.5e D&D Eberron game

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Characters

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2006-09-11

Characters - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 11:15 am

Dave, regarding your question about the warlord bonus to hit, it's actually from the Commanding Presence class ability and not a feat. As long as you choose the Tactical Presence option, allies gain a bonus of half your Int modifier to their attack roll when using an action point.
Back to top Go down
https://eberrongame.forumotion.com
Six of Six

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 12:04 pm

Admin wrote:
Dave, regarding your question about the warlord bonus to hit, it's actually from the Commanding Presence class ability and not a feat. As long as you choose the Tactical Presence option, allies gain a bonus of half your Int modifier to their attack roll when using an action point.

I have Tactical Presence, adding to hit, and the feat Tactical Assault adding to damage. Assault is full int modifier while presence is half, I misread that they both applied to damage.
Back to top Go down
Rowan

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2006-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 4:05 pm

I just updated Mr. Gaius Aurelius to level 2, on page 2.

After missing every single attack I made last fight (except one at the end of the fight, when it didn't matter), just for fun I created another character who's the single most accurate, high-hitting character possible by the rules. I'm not changing characters, but here's what I came up with:

Beholder Bale Cody
Elf Avenger 2
Str 13, Con 12, Dex 16, Int 11, Wis 19, Cha 8. Speed 7. Initiative +4 (+6 with Scipio).
HP 32 (Bloodied 16), Healing surges 8 (8 hp).
AC 17, Fort 13, Ref 15, Will 16.

Feats: Student of the Sword, Polearm Momentum, Weapon Proficiency (longbow and shortbow).
Skills: Athletics +7, Nature +7, Perception +12, Religion +6, Stealth +9, Thievery +9
Languages: Common, Elven Perception: Low-light vision
Equipment: Longspear, longbow, adventurer’s kit, thief’s tools, XX gp.

Class and Race Features
• Censure of Pursuit: If your Oath of Enmity target moves away from you willingly, you gain a +5 bonus to damage rolls against it until the end of your next turn.
• Channel Divinity: You can use a channel divinity power once per encounter.
• Armor of Faith: +3 AC when not wearing heavy armor or using a shield.
• Fey Origin: You are considered fey for purposes of effects relating to creature origin.
• Group Awareness: Allies within 5 squares gain +1 racial bonus to Perception checks.
• Wild Step: Ignore difficult terrain when you shift.

At-Will Powers
• Bond of Pursuit: +7 vs. AC. 1d10+4 damage. If the target doesn’t end its next turn adjacent to you, you can shift 4 squares as a free action, but must end closer to the target.
• Overwhelming Strike: +7 vs. AC. 1d10+4 damage. Shift 1 square and slide the target into the space you occupied.
• Longbow (basic attack): Ranged 10/20. +6 vs. AC. 1d10+3 damage.

Encounter powers:
• Oath of Enmity: Minor. Close burst 10. When you make a melee attack against the target and no other enemies are adjacent to you, make two attack rolls and use the best result. Lasts until end of encounter. If target drops to 0 hp, regain use of this power.
• Whirlwind Charge: +7 vs. AC. 2d10+4 damage. When charging, you can use this power instead of a melee basic attack, and gain +4 bonus to AC against OAs for moving.

• Elven Accuracy: Free. Reroll an attack roll. Use the second roll, even if it’s lower.
• Resonant Escape: Immediate reaction (enemy melee attacks you). Teleport 3 squares.
• Student of the Sword: Free. Gain +1 to next attack roll with a two-handed melee weapon, and mark the target until the end of your next turn.

• Channel Divinity (Abjure Undead): One undead creature in close burst 5. +4 vs. Will. 3d10+4 radiant damage and you pull the target 4 squares. The target is immobilized until the end of your next turn. Miss: Half damage, and pull 1 square.
• Channel Divinity (Divine Guidance): Immediate interrupt (ally within close burst 10 makes an attack rolls against your Oath of Enmity target). Target makes second attack roll and uses either result.

Daily powers:
• Sequestering Strike: +7 vs. AC. 3d10+8 damage. Miss: half damage. Effect: Until the end of the encounter, gain +5 to Athletics checks, +2 to speed, and +2 to melee damage rolls.
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 5:26 pm

Korm'akhan wrote:

After missing every single attack I made last fight (except one at the end of the fight, when it didn't matter), just for fun I created another character who's the single most accurate, high-hitting character possible by the rules. I'm not changing characters, but here's what I came up with:

You dare mock the Gods of Gaming!?! I see 1-4s 50% of the time in your future. Repent!
Back to top Go down
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 6:00 pm

Six of Six wrote:

You dare mock the Gods of Gaming!?! I see 1-4s 50% of the time in your future. Repent!
And that would be a change how? Rolling 1-4 50% of the time isn't a punishment, it's the status quo.
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 11:08 am

Where is the avenger class?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 11:16 am

Six of Six wrote:
Where is the avenger class?

Coming out in PHB2, I believe.
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 3:16 pm

Korm'akhan wrote:

As an individual it is going to be very difficult to get big bonuses but as a group it is fairly routine. Scipio got a +16 to hit on the drake and a +6 to hit should be a regular three piece manuever. Why doesn't Gaius get combat advantage vs most of his opponents; move three squares get concealment,roll stealth hiding from enemy, shoot em with combat advantage.
Back to top Go down
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 3:21 pm

Six of Six wrote:
As an individual it is going to be very difficult to get big bonuses but as a group it is fairly routine.
That's true, especially with a tactical warlord in the group.

Quote :
Why doesn't Gaius get combat advantage vs most of his opponents; move three squares get concealment,roll stealth hiding from enemy, shoot em with combat advantage.
He often did get CA during the fight, but when rolling nothing higher than a 6, an extra +2 doesn't make much of a difference.

BTW, I've made his name Mr. Cassius, with his full name being Gaius Aurelius "Spartacus" Cassius.
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 3:35 pm

Korm'akhan wrote:
He often did get CA during the fight, but when rolling nothing higher than a 6, an extra +2 doesn't make much of a difference.

You need a small animal with a low AC. Toss it into the enemy and blast it with a splash attack.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 2:06 pm

To make keeping track of PCs easier, could each of you start up a thread in this forum for your PC and post the 2nd lvl version there?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Characters
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shil's Eberron Game :: 4e Eberron-
Jump to: