Shil's Eberron Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shil's Eberron Game

Private board for a 3.5e D&D Eberron game

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Characters

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Six of Six

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2006-09-11

Characters - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:30 am

Korm'akhan wrote:
Six of Six wrote:
A warlord warforged, Lord Forge, to take up where the Lord of Blades left off. This depends on the 4e Eberron release.
Those are some pretty grandiose plans for a 1st level character. Smile

1. We should be 6 level by then.
2. This is what the munchkin optimization boards are for.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 6:40 pm

Six of Six wrote:
1. We should be 6 level by then.

Depending on how things go, I might just level you guys up a bunch (maybe even up to paragon level, i.e. 11th lvl) when I get back and take it from there, so at least semi-grandiose plans will be an option.

Quote :
2. This is what the munchkin optimization boards are for.

Nooooooooooooooo...!
Back to top Go down
https://eberrongame.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 12:33 pm

I checked with John and he's planning to do a barbarian, a la Grabthar. So if we have:

Mike - Warlock
Julia - Cleric
John - Barbarian
Avi - Wizard
Dave - Warlord

That's a pretty solid party. No defender, but with two strikers and two leaders, you guys should be able to handle most situations.
Back to top Go down
Rowan

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2006-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 1:13 pm

Admin wrote:
I checked with John and he's planning to do a barbarian, a la Grabthar. So if we have:

Mike - Warlock
Julia - Cleric
John - Barbarian
Avi - Wizard
Dave - Warlord

That's a pretty solid party. No defender, but with two strikers and two leaders, you guys should be able to handle most situations.
It sounds like we're more or less set.

Would you be free to run this weekend? The characters could be done by then, and even if they're not, it takes only a few minutes to complete a 1st level character.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 1:16 pm

Korm'akhan wrote:
Would you be free to run this weekend? The characters could be done by then, and even if they're not, it takes only a few minutes to complete a 1st level character.

I won't be able to run this weekend, but I'll put some stuff up on the boards to get things rolling towards the first session, so we can get right into the action when we're face to face. I'm really looking forward to being able to roll through 3-4 encounters in a session.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

Number of posts : 746

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 10:31 pm

I will play my "kobold" wizard, but if i am not liking it i may switch to rogue. I just had a fun concept in my head but i want the group to do well.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 10:35 pm

Gareth wrote:
I will play my "kobold" wizard, but if i am not liking it i may switch to rogue. I just had a fun concept in my head but i want the group to do well.

Sure. And remember you can do the cowardly kobold thing with the mage too.
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 12:46 am

Admin wrote:

Mike - Warlock
Julia - Cleric
John - Barbarian
Avi - Wizard
Dave - Warlord

So far two fey and an elf.

I see pastels figuring into the team colors.
Santa's Secret Service
Team Keebler.
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 2:52 pm

gareth wrote:
So what is a good feat choice?
What are the other guys playing? Maybe someone else is a controller?
What is the character generator recommended?

I will change up my spell list but if you guys have suggestions. I did try to get variety, but you know this is all new.

I strongly recommend Magic Missle as one of your at-will powers. It's range is 20 and can substitue for a base range attack.

Improved Initiative. If your Fey step was reactive, Alertness could work.

WoC has a character builder that has all the published material in it. The free version goes to third level.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 6:02 pm

Six of Six wrote:

I strongly recommend Magic Missle as one of your at-will powers. It's range is 20 and can substitue for a base range attack.

WoC has a character builder that has all the published material in it. The free version goes to third level.

I will tweak the spells as we play. I do not understand what is the difference between base range attack spells and others.

BTW - While technically speaking my character is Eladrin - he is a kobold.
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 8:45 pm

Gareth wrote:
Six of Six wrote:

I will tweak the spells as we play. I do not understand what is the difference between base range attack spells and others.

BTW - While technically speaking my character is Eladrin - he is a kobold.

There are powers, usually from the leader types, and conditions that allow you to attack when it is not your turn. Ex opportunity attacks are melee basic attacks. They are listed on pg 287 of the PHB.
So far I have not found a power that allows for a basic ranged attack, but that could change with the next release. Also I could have missed something.
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 8:51 pm

I reformat soon but here is the basics.

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&DI Character Builder ======
Scipio, level 1
Human, Warlord
Build: Tactical Warlord
Commanding Presence: Tactical Presence

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 13, Dex 11, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 12.

Starting Ability Scores
Str 16, Con 13, Dex 11, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 12.

AC: 17 Fort: 16 Reflex: 14 Will: 13
HP: 25 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
Intimidate, History, Endurance, Insight, Athletics.

FEATS
1: Tactical Assault
1: Action Surge

POWERS
1, At-Will: Wolf Pack Tactics
1, At-Will: Viper's Strike
1, At-Will: Opening Shove
1, Encounter: Warlord's Favor
1, Daily: Lead the Attack

ITEMS
Chainmail, Light Shield, Adventurer's Kit, Longsword, Javelin (2)
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&DI Character Builder ======
edited 2/9/09

Last edited by Six of Six on Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 11:06 pm

Link to the dndI builder?
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 11:26 pm

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 9:42 pm

One thing I'd like everyone to come up with is a connection to at least one of the other PCs. For example, Avi's already posted one for his character, i.e. that he was rescued by one or more of the other PCs.

In short, I'd like to have a few reasons for them to be working together.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 9:49 pm

Need to get one of our plate wearers armor customized with a metal backpack where my character can hide inside and lob spells from there Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 10:26 pm

Gareth wrote:
Need to get one of our plate wearers armor customized with a metal backpack where my character can hide inside and lob spells from there Smile

Wouldn't work. Remember, he's only a kobold flavor-wise. Mechanically, he's medium-sized. He's a big kobold Smile
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 10:32 pm

Hmm that hinders the purpose of what i wanted to play. Small, cowardly!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 10:39 pm

Gareth wrote:
Hmm that hinders the purpose of what i wanted to play. Small, cowardly!

Oh, you can play him as small and cowardly. He just won't have any of the mechanical negatives or the benefits of being a small creature.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 10:41 pm

I understood that the first time, part of the reason to play him is to play a small character.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 10:56 pm

Gareth wrote:
I understood that the first time, part of the reason to play him is to play a small character.

He's essentially going to be a small character in every way. In 4e, the only mechanical effects of being small are that you're restricted in some use of weapons, and that won't really apply with your PC. If you really want to have some other PC try to carry him, you're welcome to do that, but the awkwardness of doing so during a fight will make it a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
Grabthar

PostSubject: Grabthar   Characters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 11:19 pm

Str 18, Con 16, Dex 14, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 12

HP : 31

Healing Surges : 11

Class Feature : Rage Strike
Swift Charge

At Will : Howling Strike
Pressing Strike

Encounter : Avalanche Strike

Daily : Blood Hunt Rage

Feats : Improved Initiative

Trained Skills : Acrobatics, Athletics, Intimidate

Avi's got my PHB. So I think that's about all I can give you for the char.
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:22 am

Grabthar wrote:
Str 18, Con 16, Dex 14, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 12

HP : 31

Healing Surges : 11

Class Feature : Rage Strike
Swift Charge

At Will : Howling Strike
Pressing Strike

Encounter : Avalanche Strike

Daily : Blood Hunt Rage

Feats : Improved Initiative

Trained Skills : Acrobatics, Athletics, Intimidate

Avi's got my PHB. So I think that's about all I can give you for the char.
Is Grabby a human?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 1:26 pm

Six of Six wrote:
Is Grabby a human?

I believe so, which means he should have another feat and his abilities are a little screwy. But we can take care of that before he shows up in play.
Back to top Go down
Rowan

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2006-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 3:04 pm

Admin wrote:
Six of Six wrote:
Is Grabby a human?

I believe so, which means he should have another feat and his abilities are a little screwy. But we can take care of that before he shows up in play.
He was a human in the original game, but that was a human-only campaign, so I don't know what John's current intentions are. IMO it would be fun for Grabthar to be a Goliath (a PHII race whose stats have been released), since he was already basically a goliath in all but name. Wink

The stats basically are:
+2 Str, +2 Con
+2 to Athletics and Endurance
Languages: Common & Dwarven
Powerful Athlete (whem making Athletics checks to climb or jump, roll twice and take the better result)
Stone's Endurance (encounter power. Minor action. You gain Resist 5 to all damage until the end of your next turn)

Judging by the character sheets that have been released, they can get a racial feat called Goliath Greatweapon Prowess, which seems to give you +2 damage when wielding two-handed weapons. (the preview character gets +2 damage with his greatsword, but it's not clear what other weapons the feat applies to).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Characters
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shil's Eberron Game :: 4e Eberron-
Jump to: