Shil's Eberron Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shil's Eberron Game

Private board for a 3.5e D&D Eberron game

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Campaign Setting

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2006-09-11

Campaign Setting Empty
PostSubject: Campaign Setting   Campaign Setting Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 8:30 pm

I'll be setting this campaign in Eberron again, but certain things will be different, at least partly due to the new races and such. The other major thing will be that we're starting things off on Xen'drik. That both makes things different to the Khorvaire-focused campaign we just did and also makes it easier for us to have more action-oriented gaming, which is one among a few of my aims here.

The basic setup is that the PCs know each other and are working together. The reason why is up to you guys to come up with. They could be a fledgling group of adventurers trying to make a name for themselves or working for some larger organization. I'd suggest a combination of the two, actually, with them being freelance adventurers but having just hired on for a particular job with a larger organization. I'll post a few possible "missions" and you guys can pick one to go after.
Back to top Go down
https://eberrongame.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin

Campaign Setting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Setting   Campaign Setting Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 10:55 am

Here are some of the likeliest organizations that your PCs could hire on with:

* The Wayfinder Foundation

* The Twelve's Acquisitions Directorate (organization sponsored by the Twelve, the arcane branch of the dragonmarked houses, to find magical artifacts and knowledge)

* Morgrave University

* Any specific dragonmarked house

* The Korranberg Chronicle (but do you seriously want to work for the gnomes?)

* The Church of the Silver Flame

* Any of the nations of Khorvaire (esp. Breland and Zilargo)
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

Number of posts : 257

Campaign Setting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Setting   Campaign Setting Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 1:54 pm

Admin wrote:
Here are some of the likeliest organizations that your PCs could hire on with:

* The Wayfinder Foundation

* The Twelve's Acquisitions Directorate (organization sponsored by the Twelve, the arcane branch of the dragonmarked houses, to find magical artifacts and knowledge)

* Morgrave University

* Any specific dragonmarked house

* The Korranberg Chronicle (but do you seriously want to work for the gnomes?)

* The Church of the Silver Flame

* Any of the nations of Khorvaire (esp. Breland and Zilargo)

Aren't they ALL front organizations for the gnomes?

Actually I can see the Wayfinders being that and the others infiltrated.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Campaign Setting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Setting   Campaign Setting Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 6:44 pm

Six of Six wrote:
Aren't they ALL front organizations for the gnomes?

That's Khorvaire, actually.

Quote :
Actually I can see the Wayfinders being that and the others infiltrated.

See above.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Campaign Setting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Setting   Campaign Setting Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 6:46 pm

Here's the starting scenario:

The PCs are working together in the town of Brindol, one of the frontier towns created by settlers, explorers and adventurers (and not a few criminals) heading south from Stormreach. Representatives of a number of the organizations which have influence in Xen'drik are present, hiring people for different jobs and trying to increase their patrons' reach on the continent.

Currently the PCs find the following three job options:

* A couple of outlying farms near Brindol have been attacked by goblins led by a couple of hobgoblins, and three people have been carried away. The town's leaders have asked for adventurers willing to go after the goblinoids, slay them and rescue the townsfolk.

* A group of woodcutters were attacked by a draconic creature, which slew three of them before the others fled. The description of the creature made it sound like a rage drake, a fierce wingless dragon, but it was an albino - pure white from nose to tail. The Wayfinder Foundation has announced a reward for the creature's hide.

* An expedition sponsored by the Twelve's Acquisitions Directorate was returning to Brindol when it was attacked at night by bandits. Though the attack was beaten off, the bandits stole a locked chest containing an ancient helm. The Acquisitions Directorate has announced a reward for whoever can recover and return the helm.

What's your preference?
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

Campaign Setting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Setting   Campaign Setting Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 12:29 am

Admin wrote:
Here's the starting scenario:

The PCs are working together in the town of Brindol, one of the frontier towns created by settlers, explorers and adventurers (and not a few criminals) heading south from Stormreach. Representatives of a number of the organizations which have influence in Xen'drik are present, hiring people for different jobs and trying to increase their patrons' reach on the continent.

Currently the PCs find the following three job options:

* A couple of outlying farms near Brindol have been attacked by goblins led by a couple of hobgoblins, and three people have been carried away. The town's leaders have asked for adventurers willing to go after the goblinoids, slay them and rescue the townsfolk.

* A group of woodcutters were attacked by a draconic creature, which slew three of them before the others fled. The description of the creature made it sound like a rage drake, a fierce wingless dragon, but it was an albino - pure white from nose to tail. The Wayfinder Foundation has announced a reward for the creature's hide.

* An expedition sponsored by the Twelve's Acquisitions Directorate was returning to Brindol when it was attacked at night by bandits. Though the attack was beaten off, the bandits stole a locked chest containing an ancient helm. The Acquisitions Directorate has announced a reward for whoever can recover and return the helm.

What's your preference?

Does anyone still have dragon fever?

Which one has the most money attached to it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Campaign Setting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Setting   Campaign Setting Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 8:29 am

Six of Six wrote:
Does anyone still have dragon fever?

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Quote :
Which one has the most money attached to it.

The Wayfinder Foundation one pays the most, but with the others you have the greater likelihood of finding equipment & treasure which you can use.
Back to top Go down
Rowan

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2006-09-16

Campaign Setting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Setting   Campaign Setting Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 10:39 pm

I say we go for the rage drake. Might as well start with a bang!
Back to top Go down
Leonis

Number of posts : 746

Campaign Setting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Setting   Campaign Setting Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 11:08 pm

I am down for anything, the one with gear sounds good. We are poor.

As for how my character found/knows the group, one (or all doesn't matter) saved him. He is sticking with them because they are the most powerful people he knows and they protect him.
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

Campaign Setting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Setting   Campaign Setting Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 7:53 pm

Korm'akhan wrote:
I say we go for the rage drake. Might as well start with a bang!

DRAGON FEVER!

But it would probably be a simpler fight. I wonder if it is to old to train? Lets go for the drake.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Campaign Setting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Setting   Campaign Setting Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 9:20 pm

Looks like we have enough of a consensus on the drake. So shall it be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Campaign Setting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Setting   Campaign Setting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Campaign Setting
Page 1 of 1