Shil's Eberron Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shil's Eberron Game

Private board for a 3.5e D&D Eberron game

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Loot

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2006-09-11

Loot Empty
PostSubject: Loot   Loot Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 11:04 pm

Here's the treasure you obtained from the lich and from her dead allies (2 clerics and the death knight) who attacked your house. I've provided cost and description for items not in the DMG:

Runestaff of Transportation (15k): Use Blink, Dimension Door and Teleport 3/day each by using up an arcane spell or available spell slot of same level or higher.

Tunic of Steady Spellcasting (2.5k): +5 competence bonus to Concentration checks

Bracers of Arcane Freedom (2.3k): As a swift action, omit the somatic components of the next arcane spell you cast before the end of your turn. Usable 2/day

Farspeaking Amulet (6k): The amulet has a central green crystal and four removable red crystals. The removable crystals don’t occupy a body slot, can simply be carried, and can be removed or replaced as a standard action. The wearer can, as a standard (mental) action, return a single charm to the amulet from any distance, as long as it’s on the same plane. When you activate the amulet you create a mental link between yourself and any or all of the characters carrying the red crystals, enabling all affected characters to converse as if standing together. This lasts for up to 10 minutes and the amulet can be used 3/day. Only characters on the same plane as the amulet can participate. If you also wear a magic item that grants a competence bonus to Listen checks, you can listen to the environment of any or all of the characters in the conversation (the amulet lets you differentiate between the different locations with no confusion).

2 x Cloak of Resistance +3
Glove of Storing
Headband of Intellect +2
2 x Ring of Counterspells
2 x Periapt of Wisdom +2
2 x Cloak of Resistance +2
Full-Plate +2
Heavy Steel Shield +2
2 x Full-Plate +1
2 x Heavy Steel Shield +1

5000 gp in coin and gems
Back to top Go down
https://eberrongame.forumotion.com
Nameless

Number of posts : 307

Loot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loot   Loot Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 11:44 pm

Admin wrote:
Runestaff of Transportation (15k): Use Blink, Dimension Door and Teleport 3/day each by using up an arcane spell or available spell slot of same level or higher.

Bracers of Arcane Freedom (2.3k): As a swift action, omit the somatic components of the next arcane spell you cast before the end of your turn. Usable 2/day

I'm assuming nobody has any objections to Nameless grabbing these?

Admin wrote:
Tunic of Steady Spellcasting (2.5k): +5 competence bonus to Concentration checks

I think this occupies the same slot as the Vest of the Leech. If so, can someone else use it?

Admin wrote:
Farspeaking Amulet (6k): The amulet has a central green crystal and four removable red crystals. The removable crystals don’t occupy a body slot, can simply be carried, and can be removed or replaced as a standard action. The wearer can, as a standard (mental) action, return a single charm to the amulet from any distance, as long as it’s on the same plane. When you activate the amulet you create a mental link between yourself and any or all of the characters carrying the red crystals, enabling all affected characters to converse as if standing together. This lasts for up to 10 minutes and the amulet can be used 3/day. Only characters on the same plane as the amulet can participate. If you also wear a magic item that grants a competence bonus to Listen checks, you can listen to the environment of any or all of the characters in the conversation (the amulet lets you differentiate between the different locations with no confusion).

Don't we have a couple of these already?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Loot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loot   Loot Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 11:49 pm

Nameless wrote:
Don't we have a couple of these already?

You have a couple of the red gems, but not the central amulet. And yes, there are two missing from hers. That's another thing that pissed her off. You guys screwed up her network connection!
Back to top Go down
Nameless

Loot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loot   Loot Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 11:54 pm

Admin wrote:
You have a couple of the red gems, but not the central amulet. And yes, there are two missing from hers. That's another thing that pissed her off. You guys screwed up her network connection!

But according to the description, she can pull the crystals back at any time. I was pretty sure we got at least one of these amulets, previously.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Loot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loot   Loot Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 12:02 am

Nameless wrote:
But according to the description, she can pull the crystals back at any time. I was pretty sure we got at least one of these amulets, previously.

When you got the first crystal (which was on the guy who made the last effort to kill Haydith on the airship while you were fighting the lich outside), I told you Nameless managed to identify what it was and so you stuck it in a HHH. Since it was in an extradimensional space, she couldn't get it back. I think you found another in the Blood of Vol temple, but maybe not. Either way, this one now has the 4 red crystals, so it's a good option for long-distance communication.
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

Number of posts : 257

Loot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loot   Loot Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 12:11 am

What is the UMD check to make the Runestaff work?
Back to top Go down
Nameless

Loot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loot   Loot Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 12:15 am

Six of Six wrote:

It's not just a question of being able to make it work. You also need to burn an arcane spell of equal or greater level than the ability you are using (3rd for blink, 4th for dim door, 5th for teleport) each time you use it, in order to power the staff.

Not really a problem for Nameless, but it will get rather expensive quickly for Six if he's burning scrolls to do this. Especially when you could just be casting the spells off of scrolls in the first place.

Last edited by on Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Loot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loot   Loot Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 12:15 am

Six of Six wrote:

20 + caster level, with caster level being at least high enough to have a spell slot of the appropriate level. So to activate a Blink (minimum caster level 5), it would be DC 25, but for the Teleport (minimum caster level 9) it would be DC 29.

Nameless wrote:
It's not just a question of being able to make it work. You also need to burn an arcane spell of equal or greater level than the ability you are using (3rd for blink, 4th for dim door, 5th for teleport) each time you use it, in order to power the staff.

Yeah, it's a bit iffy, but I'll allow it. I allow enough weird stuff for this bunch anyway, and of the PCs I'm most willing to cut Six a little slack, since he's a little less powerful than the others.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

Number of posts : 746

Loot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loot   Loot Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 11:22 am

Can glove of storing be used with a shield?

I would like to take:

Heavy Shield +2 (for the times I use a one handed weapon)
Glove of storing if it can be used with the shield
Ring of Counterspells (i have no rings) - and cast dispel magic into it (unless you think greater version is better).
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Loot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loot   Loot Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 11:34 am

Gareth wrote:

Yes, it can.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

Loot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loot   Loot Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 11:36 am

Admin wrote:
Gareth wrote:

Yes, it can.

Ok. Heavy shield +2 + Glove of storing + Morphing weapon = FTW
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

Loot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loot   Loot Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 1:24 pm

I need some gloves of storing, how much.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Loot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loot   Loot Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 1:50 pm

Six of Six wrote:
I need some gloves of storing, how much.

10,000 gp for one glove.

And remember, the SRD (http://www.d20srd.org) is your friend.
Back to top Go down
Nameless

Loot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loot   Loot Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 2:00 pm

Gareth wrote:
Ring of Counterspells (i have no rings) - and cast dispel magic into it (unless you think greater version is better).

Greater Dispel Magic requires at least an 11th lv caster. Since those are few and far between, 95% of the time you will only be getting hit by a regular Dispel Magic. GDM also won't protect you from a regular Dispel Magic.

Aside from the fact that it will bypass a Ring of Counter Spelling with a regular Dispel Magic in it, GDM only starts really becoming worth while once you are significantly higher than 10th. Since all it does is raise the cap on the caster level dispel bonus for the check. It doesn't give a higher bonus on it's own. So an 11th level caster gets a +11 bonus for burning a 6th lv slot vs +10 with a 3rd lv slot.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

Loot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loot   Loot Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 10:04 pm

Works for me. Since we have so many rings of counterspells, should we have Nameless cast dispel magic, but first use the bead of karma that Korm has? That way they will all be higher level?

-Avi
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Loot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loot   Loot Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 10:19 pm

Gareth wrote:
Works for me. Since we have so many rings of counterspells, should we have Nameless cast dispel magic, but first use the bead of karma that Korm has? That way they will all be higher level?

The ring of counterspells counters the spell automatically, irrespective of caster levels. So it wouldn't matter who put the dispel magic into the ring. Also, Nameless can't use the bead of karma, since it only works for divine casters.
Back to top Go down
Nameless

Loot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loot   Loot Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 11:26 pm

Gareth wrote:

-Avi

If you are casting dispel magic it doesn't matter if you are 10th or 30,000th you get +10 on your roll. If you want to benefit from a higher caster level check you have to use GDM. That goes up to +20 (1 per caster level).

If you are using either in a ring of counterspells it doesn't matter what the caster level check is, since it ONLY works vs the spell that you have in the ring and it counters it automatically.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

Loot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loot   Loot Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 11:10 am

Good to know. Gareth will cast a dispel magic into it Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Loot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loot   Loot Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 9:11 pm

Here's what I have as far as items being taken is concerned:

Nameless:
Runestaff of Transportation
Bracers of Arcane Freedom

Gareth:
Glove of Storing
Heavy Steel Shield +2
Ring of Counterspells

Group:
Farspeaking Amulet

Left Over:
Tunic of Steady Spellcasting (2.5k)
2 x Cloak of Resistance +3 (2 x 9k = 18k)
Headband of Intellect +2 (4k)
Ring of Counterspells (4k)
2 x Periapt of Wisdom +2 (2 x 4k = 8k)
2 x Cloak of Resistance +2 (2 x 4k = 8k)
Full-Plate +2 (5.65k)
2 x Full-Plate +1 (2 x 2.65k = 5.3k)
2 x Heavy Steel Shield +1 (2 x 1.17k = 3.34k)

5000 gp in coin and gems

If you sell off the stuff left over and add it to the coins, I'll round it off to 30,000 gp, or 6,000 gp for each of you.
Back to top Go down
Nameless

Loot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loot   Loot Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 11:31 pm

Admin wrote:
Here's what I have as far as items being taken is concerned:

Nameless:
Runestaff of Transportation
Bracers of Arcane Freedom

Gareth:
Glove of Storing
Heavy Steel Shield +2
Ring of Counterspells

Group:
Farspeaking Amulet

Left Over:
Tunic of Steady Spellcasting (2.5k)
2 x Cloak of Resistance +3 (2 x 9k = 18k)
Headband of Intellect +2 (4k)
Ring of Counterspells (4k)
2 x Periapt of Wisdom +2 (2 x 4k = 8k)
2 x Cloak of Resistance +2 (2 x 4k = 8k)
Full-Plate +2 (5.65k)
2 x Full-Plate +1 (2 x 2.65k = 5.3k)
2 x Heavy Steel Shield +1 (2 x 1.17k = 3.34k)

5000 gp in coin and gems

If you sell off the stuff left over and add it to the coins, I'll round it off to 30,000 gp, or 6,000 gp for each of you.

I think someone should take the extra ring of counterspells. Does anyone not have one yet?

Nameless will burn 5k of his share on reincarnating the father we killed. Should a speak with dead reveal he's willing to be reincarnated.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Loot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loot   Loot Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 8:23 am

Nameless wrote:
I think someone should take the extra ring of counterspells. Does anyone not have one yet?

Luna doesn't, but both her ring slots are taken, and Six has one ring slot open. Dave, do you want it for Six?

Quote :
Nameless will burn 5k of his share on reincarnating the father we killed. Should a speak with dead reveal he's willing to be reincarnated.

Very nice idea, but there's no way in hell they're letting you guys do anything to the corpse, and it's not like it's likely to work even if you tried. I presume Nameless would mention this to Balan, and he'd say that making a donation of that amount to the family would be viewed well and help with getting the legal bullshit taken care of too.
Back to top Go down
Nameless

Loot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loot   Loot Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 8:37 am

Admin wrote:
Very nice idea, but there's no way in hell they're letting you guys do anything to the corpse, and it's not like it's likely to work even if you tried. I presume Nameless would mention this to Balan, and he'd say that making a donation of that amount to the family would be viewed well and help with getting the legal bullshit taken care of too.

Fine he'll do that instead. Nameless did promise we'd compensate the family.
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

Loot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loot   Loot Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 7:19 pm

I thought I did have a ring, alas. I'll take this one. Also the compensation for the family should come out of the loot. We acted not any one of us. Additionaly the donation should be as public as useful. This seems to be more bribe than redress so I don't know how public this incident will be.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Loot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loot   Loot Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 8:29 pm

Six of Six wrote:
I thought I did have a ring, alas. I'll take this one.

Okay.

Quote :
Also the compensation for the family should come out of the loot. We acted not any one of us. Additionaly the donation should be as public as useful. This seems to be more bribe than redress so I don't know how public this incident will be.

With the ring not being sold and the donation to the family, make it 5,000 gp each.

The donation will be handled by Balan. He tells the group that he'll make sure it gets mentioned in the paper and will ensure it's taken into account when it comes to the whole legal thing being dropped.

Of course, he adds, it's unlikely that you'll be able to keep the place in Upper Tavick's, but at least you'll be able to sell the house and pick up a place in an area of Sharn which isn't as snooty or opposed to adventurers living locally. He recommends either Upper Dura, where the Clifftop Adventuring Guild (which you're still members of) is, or Platinate district in Upper Menthis Plateau, which is both upscale and has a number of retired explorers and adventurers living there. It also has the advantage of being very close to Warden Towers, where the Blackened Book is located, so Balan and your group can contact and get to each other very fast if you're there.
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

Loot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loot   Loot Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 9:00 pm

We could keep the house and rent it out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Loot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loot   Loot Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Loot
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next